Do a lot of people wear "athletic" wear to the parks?

SaraVee

Mouseketeer
I'm one of those holdouts who never leaves the house in my workout clothes unless I'm heading to the gym.

However, I had to run a few errands the other day and wasn't able to stop at home to change before the gym...and running errands was gloriously comfortable, lol.

It got me wondering if many people wear workout clothes while touring the parks? I lean toward the capri- length black workout bottoms and a longer workout shirt. Totally covered up, nothing revealing.

I'm not totally sure I'd feel comfortable doing it, but I got to thinking about how comfortable it would be during those long park days to be in such comfortable clothes. And I don't have any signature dining planned or anything like that.

I can't say I've paid attention when at the parks to whether a lot of people do that or not...

I've done it! I honestly don't care what other people think of my attire. I'll probably never see them again anyway.

Quite honestly, my goal is to be comfortable, not a fashionista. There are some people who are conscious of their attire 100% of the time (and there's nothing wrong with that!), but it's just not me. I'm in jeans or shorts and a t-shirt or workout gear all of the time unless I absolutely have to wear something else. Life's too short for me to be concerned about what other people think of my clothes.

I have done it. I had gained a bit of weight from some medical issues and nothing else felt comfortable to me. I was way happier in my work out clothes then if I tried to fit in to something that didn't fit right. Go for it!

Yes I do! I have this mental thing that if I'm wearing athletic clothes and I'm sweating then I don't mind. But if I have regular clothes on and begin to sweat I get really annoyed!

I thought I was the only one with that mentality. Lol.

Comfort and practical. That's what I aim for. Mostly athletic T's and regular khaki shorts. I really need the pockets of my shorts and most athletic shorts and capris don't have pockets! But sometimes I will do athletic capris if I'm carrying a backpack and can put everything in there.

Well think about it logically..... You are going to a place where you will walk around 8-12miles per day up and down different terrain, sometimes carrying a backpack and/or pushing 2 kids in a stroller (120+lbs!)... what better excuse to wear athletic gear?! lol ;o)

In July, there are people wearing what I consider undergarments--more power to them! Wear whatever makes you most comfortable.

I find a sundress and boy shorts MUCH cooler than workout gear, but not I'm above getting coffee or drink or grabbing something at the store right after Barre or Pilates IRL either. Do what works for you. The built in bras in a sundress (or modified ones if I need to) are way better than a sweaty bra any day of the week, as is the pocket room!

I wear Capri-length, stretchy, tight fitting pants with a long tailed, short sleeve, loose fitting, shirt. I go for comfort. I don't worry about what others think of how I'm dressed.

IMO it depends if you are doing parks only or have ADRs or not. Funny thing is we were in Dollywood on the weekend. Sat night I noticed so many were in only workout stuff. So sun I said to heck with it do will I!! Main reason is they have 3 water rides and we got soaked, like jump in pool wet. Now we are at Disney ( that's another story Dollywood and Disney in two weeks) and people are dressier. Never noticed until after being at Dolly's how dressier Disney folks can be. Now My plan is when we rope drop a few hours I will wear workout stuff, afternoon and evening street clothes. Just can't see myself at Kona or F&w in my sport T back and tights

I just bought a pair of under armer moisture wicking black running shorts (mid thigh length not those shorty shorts) specifically to wear in the parks-Its hot and humid and you're walking miles and miles and miles. It is the very definition of the place for such shorts.

Loving all the replies, thanks! It's like a whole new world just opened up, lol.

And it makes a ton of sense...walking miles and miles in the parks, moisture-wicking materials for the heat and sweat, less crabbiness from sweating in uncomfortable clothes...sign me up!

A minor foot issue also means this will be my first trip wearing sneakers instead of flip flops through the parks (yes, prob how I got the foot issue in the first place:rolleyes1), so my footwear will make sense with workout gear.

I think I have some shopping to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter