Do a lot of people wear "athletic" wear to the parks?

Do it! I am in complete agreement with everyone who has pointed out that you'll be doing a lot of walking in heat and humidity. Athletic wear is designed to wick moisture. It's perfect for long days at the parks. Will you be the height of fashion? Probably not. You'll be comfortable, though! You can always change into something nicer if you have a dinner reservation.

Outside of Disney, I am the type of person who only wears workout gear for workouts. I wear it at Disney because it's the perfect place for it. And as others have pointed out, I'm on vacation, who cares how I'm dressed? LOL. I do change my clothes before we head back out after our afternoon swim/rest. I put on something a bit nicer. Usually by then it's cooler and I feel ok in my regular street clothes. The one exception is summer when I wear nothing but athletic wear because it's just way too for me to feel comfortable in anything else.

I don't wear workout clothing to the parks. I wear shorts & tees or sundresses (depends on the park). That's just my preference. I do think as long as a person is decent, wear whatever you want. Though, I do wish ladies would check their "yoga" pants before leaving their rooms. Our last trip, everyone was treated to quite a few booty views from ladies who didn't realize once they were in the sun their pants were virtually transparent.

Do it! I am in complete agreement with everyone who has pointed out that you'll be doing a lot of walking in heat and humidity. Athletic wear is designed to wick moisture. It's perfect for long days at the parks. Will you be the height of fashion? Probably not. You'll be comfortable, though! You can always change into something nicer if you have a dinner reservation.

Outside of Disney, I am the type of person who only wears workout gear for workouts. I wear it at Disney because it's the perfect place for it. And as others have pointed out, I'm on vacation, who cares how I'm dressed? LOL. I do change my clothes before we head back out after our afternoon swim/rest. I put on something a bit nicer. Usually by then it's cooler and I feel ok in my regular street clothes. The one exception is summer when I wear nothing but athletic wear because it's just way too for me to feel comfortable in anything else.

Love the idea of a mid-day change after a break at the hotel; kind of the best of both worlds. I could totally see myself doing that on our longer family trips.

This particular trip is a shorter one and I don't have any ADR's, as the focus of this trip is for Food & Wine. But we're doing all the parks also with a lot of hopping and no resort breaks...seems like all the more reason to wear something comfortable, lol.

I don't but a lot of people do, it's sundresses or shorts and a T for me int he summer and capris and a long sleeve shirt in the winter. The only workout gear I wear outside of my house is I might have on a pair of yoga pants and go through the drive through.

This is the world we live in now:
Activewear (from Skit Box)
:rotfl2:

When I am out and about, I sometimes play a game with myself of guessing whether someone is wearing "athleisure" as fashion, or just worked out/will be working out. (Personally, I will do errands before or after a visit to the rec center.)

Seriously, though, I think what matters is that you're clean, your clothes are clean, and nothing is exposed that shouldn't be.

It's totally acceptable. Once you look for it you'll notice lots of people wearing it. Capri leggings are really popular even if they aren't designed for sports.

An athletic top is actually really smart because they are designed to deal with sweat and keep you cool. Plus they dry fast if you're on a water ride and don't take up much space in packing.

I always try to pick good shoes because i have sensitive feet. Trainers work well x

i live in athletic wear at home too. So was completely happy to wear my athletic clothes at Disney. Especially since I wore my running shoes 80% of the time.

I do that wherever I travel. My mom groaned at my athletic wear in London. But frankly she looked waaaaayyyy weirder in her streetwear plus running shoes!

Yep my bottoms are definitely a "workout" material. Dri-fit, cool gear, lined shorts etc. I found a few 90 degrees brand capris at Marshals that were fuscia and navy and black and paired them with flowy tanks to add a style touch. I wouldnt go jean in that kind of heat or with the risk of getting soaked. If I wasnt going into the parks in the evening of right away in the morning and had a ressie, I wore something more normal and nice.

@JenniBarra Thanks for sharing that skit. I laughed even though sometimes I am as guilty as the ladies in the video!

We are going to Disney in 35 days. I'm packing some "regular" clothes but also some Dri-Fit shorts and racerback tanks for hot days. Early October is still pretty hot and humid in my experience! I seem to get the most hot and sweaty at Animal Kingdom, so I'll definitely be wearing my Dri Fit clothes that day.

Can i ask, those of you who wear dresses, what shoes do you normally wear?

I love wearing dresses but firstly I was worried about my skirt blowing up, though boy shorts can fix that, but secondly I have no idea what shoes to wear. I would usually go with sandals, flip flops or maybe converse but I don't know if my feet could handle an entire day in them. Ideas?

I wear hush puppies chaste ballet flats and lady crocs ( the pretty ones that look like jelly shoes)

I wear dresses when it is hot out pretty much no matter where I go. I usually wear supportive flip flops or Birkenstocks. I have a pair of Birkenstocks that have an ankle strap on them for when I need a shoe that is secure on my foot.

I wear dresses and skirts, with a few capri pants throw in. I wear "good for your fee" sandals. They are by Clark, and they are incredibly supportive.

I wouldn't wear athletic wear, but I'm sure there are people out there that would never wear what I wear. To each their own.

I'm one of those holdouts who never leaves the house in my workout clothes unless I'm heading to the gym.

However, I had to run a few errands the other day and wasn't able to stop at home to change before the gym...and running errands was gloriously comfortable, lol.

It got me wondering if many people wear workout clothes while touring the parks? I lean toward the capri- length black workout bottoms and a longer workout shirt. Totally covered up, nothing revealing.

I'm not totally sure I'd feel comfortable doing it, but I got to thinking about how comfortable it would be during those long park days to be in such comfortable clothes. And I don't have any signature dining planned or anything like that.

I can't say I've paid attention when at the parks to whether a lot of people do that or not...

I'm normally pretty buttoned up and conservative with dress, but due to the heat and all the walking pretty much wear gym clothes or similar at least for mornings in the parks. For any table service I'll wear khaki shorts and usually a shirt with collar. Most people seem very dressed down.

I wore mostly gym clothes during the trip I just got back from, at least in the mornings, and it was an excellent idea.

Heck ya I wear athletic clothing in the parks!

It starts with the need to be super comfy on the flight (hoodie, "studio" pants and runners) and it doesn't end until I have to get my sad butt back to work 2+ weeks later!

My fiancee was so happy to hear I would let him wear his sleeveless t-shirt, normally I ask him to dress a bit nicer. Anything goes at Disney, I dont even care about socks with crocs (my bigget pet peeve...haha) at Disney!!!

I definitely do it, especially when it's hot! I hate sweating in jean shorts and my nice tanks, so it's way more comfortable to me to wear athletic gear. I usually wear sneakers too which is much easier on your feet than being in flipflops or something all day.

When we go in August, during the day time, you'll only catch me in athletic gear... Can't imagine wearing anything else when it is that hot

I've seen all kinds of interesting outfits including pajama pants. That's going a bit too far though. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter