Do any DVC'rs decorate your doors and windows?

SuziQZee

Mouseketeer
This June will be our 2nd DVC vacation and we can't wait!! I talk about Disney with the kids everyday!! Last year I was on the boards talking with other guests who decorate their resort doors and windows. A lot of them stay at the value resorts, PO, etc. (Not DVC resorts.) There are some really great ideas out there and I thought it sounded fun! I brought red, white and blue Mickey heads, 4th of July decorations, etc. and decorated our door. We stayed at OKW and will be there again this year. I thought I would see other doors done up, especially since it was over the holiday, but to my disappointment, there were no other decorations.:sad1: Are there any DVC'rs out there who decorate their doors??? (or maybe I'm just a dork? That's what my husband said anyway.):rotfl:

Somebody...PLEASE let me know so I don't make a fool out of myself again this year! Thanks!! Suzi :smickey:

during Dec and Oct - the balconies are decorated....

but have never tried the door.

might just have to - but not this time - staying in everyone just for one night - so too much work.

At OKW lots of folks put holiday lights on their balcony through November and December (and some into early January), but I have never noticed doors decorated or anything other times of the year.

last year I noticed on several balconies - those new Halloween lights. they were cute.

and I enjoyed looking!

I would consider it if I was going to be there on an acutal holiday. I would not decorate at any other time.

I go in late Nov early Dec every year and decorate my window and balcony with lights. I see a few others at VWL but not many. I did see a door decorated last year in red metallic wrapping paper.

with flying and airport security...

well, it's just more stuff to lug, and have scrutinized....

so no, don't decorate.

But sounds like a fun idea!

Maybe I could bring just a few magnetic thingys.....

When we went to VWL in February to celebrate my DH's birthday, I made a Happy Birthday sign and taped it on our door.
100_2582.jpg

Donna

My DW and I decorate our door every time we go with the "Do Not Disturb" sign every night!:woohoo: :rolleyes1

I decorated last year. I made a cute poster and we put a huge bow over the top. It was my DD's 3rd birthday. I may do something similar this year. We'll be there for her 4th birthday, too! It was kind of last I decided to do it so it wasn't as nice as I wanted it to be. I'll make sure to start sooner this year. Here's a picture of the poster I did. I also did birthday t shirts for her.

poster.jpg

bdayshirt.jpg

bdayshirt2.jpg

we stay at okw over valentine's day and i always hang a valentine wreath on our door and use my valentine paper goods all week out on the patio. :goodvibes

Anyone see the ghost hanging on the balcony at OKW last year? We decorate every October (and Dec. if we go). We decorate the door, put lights in the windows, put garland around the balcony and even decorate the windows.

We used to ship the decorations box down and then friends said they would keep it for us. I think they may be a bit sorry they offered. We went from one box to two and are now up to three huge rubbermaid containers (we keep some of costume stuff in there, too).

We usually stay at OKW (which is easy to decorate). This year since I'm using my points we're staying at BVW and I don't think I'll have anywhere to hang the ghost. He's about 5 feet tall and we'd hook him on the fan on the OKW balcony.

Part of the fun of being there during Halloween is to decorate!

Cyn

Cyn - I don't know if I saw your decoration or not.

the people of either side of me had those little orange lits, and the first time I saw them - the light ghost lites - pretty cold....not to mention cute!!!

however I think I would remember a 5' ghost!~:thumbsup2

Thanks everyone!! I'm definitely going to bring my decorations for the 4th of July but I'll bring some extras for the balcony too!! I'll have to make sure I bring some lights this time. There were a lot of birds and ducks out the back of our balcony last year. Do they ever bother the things you put up?? Should I be worried about a choking hazard for the wildlife? My mom is in a wheelchair so we will be on the ground level. Does anyone leave the lights on when you leave and how long do you usually leave them on?? The kids had a great time decorating last year. I have quite a few things for the 4th of July and I bring some extra flags for the balcony.

Does anyone else go over the 4th??

the 4th of July is generally too crowded and hot.;)

but have been a couple of times.

I think OKW is the only one with a plug outside on the balcony.

the 4th of July is generally too crowded and hot.;)

but have been a couple of times.

I think OKW is the only one with a plug outside on the balcony.

Yeah....I know, but it's the best time for us to go around our family's schedules and I don't have to take the kids out of school. It is extremely hot:cool2: !!! We were so frustrated over the crowds last year that we decided to make sure we hit the parks early in our trip, 6/24, and then be out and lounging at the resort starting 7/3. There were a lot of things to do at the resort for the 4th so I don't think we will be bored.

Where do you think would be a good place to see THE (or any) fireworks from?? Do you think you could see them from in front of MK? (Outside the gate.)

It will be fun to decorate the balcony....I didn't really think of that last year. Thanks for the outlet tip!

Spiceycat!!! I just realized your going to WDW on SUNDAY!!! Yeah!! Wow, I'm so jealous!! That's only 2 days away!! You have to be so excited! Have a blast and tell us all about it when you get back.

Hopefully you'll win a "Dream"!!!

Good Luck and Have fun!!

Where do you think would be a good place to see THE (or any) fireworks from?? Do you think you could see them from in front of MK? (Outside the gate.)

It will be fun to decorate the balcony....I didn't really think of that last year. Thanks for the outlet tip!

the Polyn beach if allowed. sometimes the security guard will check your ID. but being a DVC member they might let you stay anyway.

you can see the higher fireworks at Epcot from the walkway.

Suzi, we usually put out lights on just before we leave for the evening and then leave them on all night.

How could I forget - one of our decorations for the window looks like a black cat's eyes. We put them on the road side in the 2nd bedroom (at OKW).
When you put a lamp on inside, the eyes glow. Pretty spooky!

Cyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter