Do any DVC'rs decorate your doors and windows?

We have green and red mickey and minnie lights that we put up at vwl for our early december trip. This last year we had 1509, ground floor studio, with a porch instead of a balcony, so we hung the lights inside from the curtain rods instead. It made a good night light for the kids, actually!

We avoid most of the other holiday times so no decorating opportunities, there.

We are going at Halloween this year for the first time!!

I am most definately putting up some decorations. Normally, I decorate the whole front of our house, but not this year since we will be in Disney. So I'll need a fix and throw a couple string of lights. Maybe the Dw will let bring the fog machine too?

I saw a really cute wreath at VWl while we were there this past Christmas. It was hanging on a door down our hallway. They had made a Mickey out of it. I wish I had taken a picture of it but it never even dawned on me until now of course!

We decorated our balcony at VWL. I was really surprised at how few were actually decorated.

We have been for Halloween & the 4th of July but I didn't think about decorating for either of those holidays. The next time we go for any of them I will make sure we do some sort of decorating.

bdayshirt.jpg

I think maybe you should become a T-shirt maker... That is awsome. :thumbsup2

Spiceycat!!! I just realized your going to WDW on SUNDAY!!! Yeah!! Wow, I'm so jealous!! That's only 2 days away!! You have to be so excited! Have a blast and tell us all about it when you get back.

Hopefully you'll win a "Dream"!!!

Good Luck and Have fun!!

send you a note.

with flying and airport security...

well, it's just more stuff to lug, and have scrutinized....

so no, don't decorate.

But sounds like a fun idea!

Maybe I could bring just a few magnetic thingys.....

Easy solution - send it to yourself! Create a mailing label online to send it back when you leave!

you are staying at the wrong place - come to OKW!!! lots of dhoecorations!:rotfl:

Yeah, but who would've thought that! To me VWL just screams Christmas. I wouldn't have wanted to spend it anywhere but VWL. If we ever go for Christmas again I will be sure to hop over to OKW to see the decorations.

We always stay at Old Key West and always put lights on the balcony--holiday or not.......having said that we do have some cool American Flag lights for July.
John

We've hung lights and other decorations for the 4th. We saw a couple other porches decorated last year.

Ok, y'all, the best guest-provided christmas light decorations, bar none, are at Fort Wilderness during Christmas.

You would not BELIEVE how elaborate the lights are on the RV's! And if you get a good bus driver he knows all the names of the people with the awesome decorations and how long they've been doing it, etc. It's one of our favorite things to do now in december-hop a bus in FW!

On the "Familes" board, I think:

Someone takes a dry erase board and decorates it with their DIS names. They mount it on their door and other DIS-ers leave them messages throughout the day!

The OP was so sad that they had to erase it at the end of the day b/c she really liked the msgs so she said next time, they're going to take butcher paper and wrap their entire door!

I thought it was a really cute idea although DH would never let me do it! :rolleyes:

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

On the "Familes" board, I think:

Someone takes a dry erase board and decorates it with their DIS names. They mount it on their door and other DIS-ers leave them messages throughout the day!

The OP was so sad that they had to erase it at the end of the day b/c she really liked the msgs so she said next time, they're going to take butcher paper and wrap their entire door!

I thought it was a really cute idea although DH would never let me do it! :rolleyes:

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

Cute idea, but that only works if you're not one of the "infamous" Dis'ers. I can imagine some of them would get some distinctly un-disney comments!:laughing:

I've also heard of paper on the door thing but I'm just not too sure how many people pass the doors to even notice that there is something for them to write on...diser or not. When we stayed at POR there were tons of people passing our room but at OKW hardly anyone walked right past our door. (Which is great for privacy!) We're at OKW again this year and I think I'm gonna try the paper thing anyway and see what happens. I'm gonna take some lime green posterboard and tape a pen on a string to it and see how many people come over to check it out. I think the green posterboard will help get it noticed! So if anyone is there from 6/24 - 7/6 make sure you keep an eye out for us! :yay: Hopefully the paper won't be a soggy mess by the time we leave.:sunny: It's sooo humid that time of year! I'm bringing lights, flags and of course my red, white and blue Mickey heads and anything else I can find for the 4th! (3 mos and 10 days!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter