do it yourself projects

Mikkel is totally awesome and should go into business for herself!

Here is my STD that I am in process of working on:
Savethedate2.jpg

*jots down notes*

All of the cards and other things everyone has made are so pretty! I have been thinking of doing similar things, and now I've got so many new ideas floating up around in my noodle. Thanks all you talented people!

:worship: :lovestruc

I did remake my bouquet when I came home..I didn't have the keepsake option and I was so in love with my bouquet..so I saved the ribbon wrap and remade it..it now sits on our mantle

Original:
169450p.jpg

Silk:
35ch5at.jpg

YAY I can finally join in!!!!:yay:

Here are the STD's my sister and I made last night. Nothing too fancy but I love them!:cloud9:

013.jpg

And we made a bride tank for me to wear!:woohoo: I am going to make my sisters each one since they're the only BMs in the bridal party!

bridae001.jpg

What do you think? Not bad for my first two DIY wedding projects.

I love the talking mickey. That is a brilliant idea. I'd love to do that but dont know anywhere in England where you could do it. Did you actually out the speechboxes in Mickey?

More DIY projects: my hair combs. I don't know if I will use these but I like the idea of something sparkly in my hair other than crystals on pins (but I may go that route instead - who knows?). I think they're each about 1.5" wide, with crystals and pearls on them. Here in my PJ.

Wedding_HairCombs1.jpg

Wedding_HairCombs2.jpg

We did a few DIY projects for our wedding:

Save the dates:
CIMG0882.jpg

CIMG0872.jpg

Invitations:
morewedding83108014.jpg

morewedding83108013.jpg

morewedding83108012.jpg

Favor boxes:
CIMG1486.jpg

CIMG1677.jpg

(we made white chocolate castles and put inside of these, but I can't find any pics.)

Programs (Mickey and Minnie loved these!):
Front:
morewedding83108007.jpg

Back:
morewedding83108011.jpg

CIMG1676.jpg

This was going to be a guest book, but now will just be a photo album:
morewedding83108002.jpg

morewedding83108001.jpg

morewedding83108003.jpg

I did these flowers but decided I liked the rose wands better for my BMs:
Flowers015.jpg

We did a few DIY projects for our wedding:

Programs (Mickey and Minnie loved these!):
Front:
morewedding83108007.jpg

Back:
morewedding83108011.jpg

CIMG1676.jpg

These are so cute!! I really want to make them they are way to expensive to buy. How did you do it. Ive heard some people used the cricut is that what u used?

I haven't been on these boards in a while. I got married in 2007. Here are my do it yourself projects.

Our fairy wand thank you's: They have a little saying and will be placed at each table setting.
Fairydust.jpg

DSC00650-1.jpg

Favors: Star Bottle stoppers"Wish upon a Star"
Bottlestoppersstar.jpg

They will be place in small green satin fabric bags with Irradecent grass and will the place card will be attached to each bag.

Homemade invites:

DSC00854.jpg

Wedding Programs:

DSC01029.jpg

DSC01027.jpg

Centerpices which will have flowers and LCD lights in them:
Candlecenterpieces.jpg

Welcome bags:

DSC01103.jpg

DSC01102.jpg

When you Wish Upon a Star- Part 1

These are so cute!! I really want to make them they are way to expensive to buy. How did you do it. Ive heard some people used the cricut is that what u used?

No; I think that would have been way easier! I bought one of those giant protractors from an office store; they fold in the middle and make a full 360 degree circle. I also bought a compass. I made the center from using the giant protractor, then used the compass and a ruler to find a good spot for the ears. For the centers, I used a ruler to measure in a half inch all around. Once I had one set completed, I traced the others and cut them out by hand. PITA!

Printing them was horrible. I did each part in words, in little blocks, then traced the silver Mickey head on white paper and pasted the wording inside. Once I had a clean copy, I used this to copy onto the silver paper, and cut around the outline.

I did the ribbion like you would ribbion wrap a boquet and used a silver paint pen on the very end so you wouldn't see the ruler underneath. DH hot glued the buttons and bowties. I hand drew all of the "W" monograms on the back of each fan and DH hot glued the pieces together around the stick.

Overall, these were a huge PITA to make. I'm sure there was an easier way to do them, but I wanted them a certain way and that was what I came up with. I was happy with the end result; but glad I didn't have to make a lot of them! HTH! Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions! :goodvibes

I love wedding crafts...now that Lindsay's wedding is over, I'm going through withdrawal, so if anyone needs help with anything let me know...

here is what i did for her wedding...

INVITATIONS

2debb8c7.jpg

MENU's

IMG_0019.jpg

PROGRAM

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

GUEST BOOK CARDS

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

PLACE CARDS

IMG_0010.jpg

AISLE RUNNER

f46078a8.jpg

DOOR HANGER

lindoorhanger2.jpg

BOUQUET PICTURES

IMG_0025.jpg

Hair thing for my mom
securedownload-2.jpg

And here were MY wedding projects...

Door hangers
100_0427.jpg

place cards
100_0421.jpg

welcome bags
100_0374.jpg

programs
100_0378.jpg

cry packs
100_0400.jpg

My Renaissance Album
100_0999.jpg

100_1006.jpg

I also dyed my crinoline pink
100_0253.jpg

I haven't been on these boards in a while. I got married in 2007. Here are my do it yourself projects.

Our fairy wand thank you's: They have a little saying and will be placed at each table setting.
Fairydust.jpg

DSC00650-1.jpg

Bottlestoppersstar.jpg

They will be place in small green satin fabric bags with Irradecent grass and will the place card will be attached to each bag.

Homemade invites:

DSC00854.jpg

Wedding Programs:

DSC01029.jpg

DSC01027.jpg

Candlecenterpieces.jpg

Welcome bags:

DSC01103.jpg

DSC01102.jpg

Where did u get those votive holders, they are perfect for my dd's princess wedding?

Fairydust.jpg

DSC00650-1.jpg

Bottlestoppersstar.jpg

Homemade invites:

DSC00854.jpg

Wedding Programs:

DSC01029.jpg

DSC01027.jpg

Candlecenterpieces.jpg

Welcome bags:

DSC01103.jpg

DSC01102.jpg

I aboslutely adore what you did. It is so simple and so tasteful. Thank you for sharing those photos with us! :bride:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter