do it yourself projects

Malibelle:Where did you get the wands? Those would be great for the little kids at our reception!

Irisbud: How did you make the bowties for the programs? Did you make them out of ribbon, or did they come premade from somewhere?

I love everyone's creativity and ideas! These are really wonderful items!

DH made them. He used black ribbion, made a loop out of it, and stapled the ends. He then took a narrower ribbion and looped it around the middle, using the glue gun to glue it to the centers. Then he just glued the whole thing to the program.

ETA: We looked everywhere we could think of for a bowtie that was suitable and couldn't find any. We would have gone the premade route if it had been an option.

Malibelle:Where did you get the wands? Those would be great for the little kids at our reception!

Irisbud: How did you make the bowties for the programs? Did you make them out of ribbon, or did they come premade from somewhere?

I love everyone's creativity and ideas! These are really wonderful items!

I purchased the wands on ebay. It was a lot of wants (144). I have seen them in party stores. They are miniture about 6 inches. I would check out the party stores.

I love wedding crafts...now that Lindsay's wedding is over, I'm going through withdrawal, so if anyone needs help with anything let me know...

here is what i did for her wedding...

Caryn, I think I've decided to make you my crafting sensei. :worship: I've followed both yours and Lindsay's PJs and I just love everything you did. Seeing everything all lined up in a row of photos really confirmed that. Thanks for the inspiration! :thumbsup2

I purchased the wands on ebay. It was a lot of wants (144). I have seen them in party stores. They are miniture about 6 inches. I would check out the party stores.
Thanks!!

DH made them. He used black ribbion, made a loop out of it, and stapled the ends. He then took a narrower ribbion and looped it around the middle, using the glue gun to glue it to the centers. Then he just glued the whole thing to the program.

ETA: We looked everywhere we could think of for a bowtie that was suitable and couldn't find any. We would have gone the premade route if it had been an option.
Thanks! It doesn't sound too difficult to make, and I will only need about 20, so I have another project to work on!
Also, I found this template for the mickey fans. I'm posting it for anyone else who wants to make them, since this will make life easier. It is in a jpeg, so to write on it, you need Publisher, photoshop, Corel, or any program like that.
mickeyearsoutline.jpg

Here is one that I am working on. I used pink hydrangeas. I actually want to make a pair of topiaries with these - (There will be 2 of these obviously) - instead of hanging them like kissing balls.
DSC_0130.jpg

Here is one that I am working on. I used pink hydrangeas. I actually want to make a pair of topiaries with these - (There will be 2 of these obviously) - instead of hanging them like kissing balls.
DSC_0130.jpg

Very pretty! I thought of the topiary idea too...but since we live so close to the mouse and DF works there I thought he may get sick of it! :rotfl:

Thanks!

Is it possible to get sick of the mouse???? I think I love him too much. Almost more than my hubby! :lmao:

DSC_0130.jpg

Where did you find the form for the mickey head in styrfoam?? Or did you take three different balls and put them together??

I love all these ideas and it has really helped me get my butt in gear... i am getting married on July 4th at home with a Disney theme wedding... I will post pictures of some of the things that i have done already, but i have been slacking on so much...

So thank you for motivating me :scared: only 43 more days :scared1:

I love wedding crafts...now that Lindsay's wedding is over, I'm going through withdrawal, so if anyone needs help with anything let me know...

here is what i did for her wedding...

INVITATIONS

2debb8c7.jpg

MENU's

IMG_0019.jpg

PROGRAM

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

GUEST BOOK CARDS

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

PLACE CARDS

IMG_0010.jpg

AISLE RUNNER

f46078a8.jpg

DOOR HANGER

lindoorhanger2.jpg

BOUQUET PICTURES

IMG_0025.jpg

Hair thing for my mom
securedownload-2.jpg

And here were MY wedding projects...

Door hangers
100_0427.jpg

place cards
100_0421.jpg

welcome bags
100_0374.jpg

programs
100_0378.jpg

cry packs
100_0400.jpg

My Renaissance Album
100_0999.jpg

100_1006.jpg

I also dyed my crinoline pink
100_0253.jpg

Honestly, reading you and Lindsay's PJ's has made me determined to do some of the aspects of my wedding myself. All of the elements you did yourself came out fantastic and I think it adds such a meaningful personal touch.

I need to start teaching myself to use my Photoshop!

Where did you find the form for the mickey head in styrfoam?? Or did you take three different balls and put them together??

I love all these ideas and it has really helped me get my butt in gear... i am getting married on July 4th at home with a Disney theme wedding... I will post pictures of some of the things that i have done already, but i have been slacking on so much...

So thank you for motivating me :scared: only 43 more days :scared1:

It's just 3 pieces of styrofoam balls put together. I used toothpicks and a little hot glue to attach the smaller balls onto the big one.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I hope you'll share some pics with us.

Can somebody give me a tutorial on how to make the Mickey Pomander pls? Thanks. :rotfl:

Here are our DIY projects...

The invitations were a combo of DIY and letterpress done by a friend. I designed the invitation folders and had them color copied on cardstock (DH tied all the bows cuz he does a better job than I do!). I also designed the transportation cards and had them color copied.

envelopeandinvitecopy.jpg

schedulecopy.jpg

fullset2copy.jpg

I designed the programs based on a tri-fold I'd seen in Martha Stewart Weddings, but I glued two of the sides together to make it more of a booklet. These were also color copied (I put the bus schedules on the same 11x17 sheet to save money and just cut it all out).

Before:

program.jpg

After!

IMG_4935.jpg

0903_1963N.jpg

1349_2939J.jpg

I sent one newsletter in order to communicate in no uncertain terms that guests could not miss the bus...

bus.jpg

I made our guestbook using our engagement photos and Blurb.com:

0951_2092N.jpg

I designed my necklace from chandelier crystals, strung it on thread, and then sent it to an Etsy jewelry designer to make it into a real necklace.

IMG_4891.jpg

Neclace3.jpg

DH created our cake topper out of plastic half spheres and gold spraypaint!

0988_2157J-1.jpg

DH also created our custom mouse ears cuz we wanted hats with shade instead of the headband and top hat:

IMG_5947.jpg

He made similar ones for our anniversary:

IMG_9604.jpg

I also made shamelessly free-dessert-begging T-shirts for our anniversary:

IMG_7128.jpg

Free-dessert Magnet!
photo-91.jpg

Semi-DIY Wedding Projects:

I "plussed" my fascinator when it was damaged in shipping.

Original:

IMG_4934.jpg

Better!

IMG_4947.jpg

I also took a plain white bolero from David's, bought fake fur, and had it trimmed:

IMG_4923.jpg

1453_3216J.jpg

I still have a lot in progress, but here they are:

I made wands for the girls (I made 10)
DSCN1026.html

DSCN1027.html

DSCN1028.html

I made flags for the boys... (thanks to some wonderful suggestions from people on these boards)

DSCN1029.html

DSCN1030.html

my unity candle

0612090725.html

0612090725a.html

0612090725b.html

0612090726.html

0612090726a.html

My favors are sorta done... I just have to put the flower pot in a bag, with the seeds and my sign, and tie it off with a bow :)

DSCN1024.html

DSCN1025.html

I did my invites myself :)

DSCN1047.html

DSCN1048.html

This was on the inside of the invite:

invite_2.html

along with this:

Publication2.html

My reception card:

reception_card.html

My response card:

Response_Card.html

on the back of the invite we stamped a car with just married on the back:

DSCN1046.html

I also made my bubbles dressier... I took a label and put our names in the groom and bride ears, with the wedding date down the middle... I cut out mickey ears with our monogram on one side and Mickey & Minnie on the other and tied it on with a bow:

DSCN1039.html

DSCN1050.html

That is about all i have done and we are getting married in three weeks... :scared1:

So i have a lot more to do... I will try to post them as I get done :wizard:

Thanks!

Is it possible to get sick of the mouse???? I think I love him too much. Almost more than my hubby! :lmao:
Yes you can. Come move to Orlando and work there for about 7 years :lmao: I still love it since I only go to the parks when I have to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter