Do you ever miss going to the "resorts" now that your DVC members?

I love both the BWV, HHI and the BCV so much, I really dont miss the other resorts I miss THEM!!!.... with that said.... we do plan on staying at ALL the WDW resorts before our DVC run is over. We have stayed at both the Poly and the BC (Right before the villas opened) on points and in September we have 2 rooms booked at the COntemporary for one night before a Disney cruise. The latter booked with holding points....

Yes, I did, which surprised me because I adore OKW. However, I think I got it out of my system. My mom and I took a quick trip in March 2000 and had to use our points at the CR because OKW was booked. We've stayed there dozens of times (last time was 1993). However, we really disliked the decor....it made the room appear so much smaller! We liked being able to walk to the MK, but missed the amenities at OKW.

In 1998, we stayed at the Poly as part of the Disney cruise. I believe we were there pre-renovation and found the rooms to be too dark and in need of new furnishings. However, we were in a great spot to see the water parade.

Well we just bought this winter and have our first trip home planned for January, but DVC is actually allowing to us to stay at the Polynesian for the beginning of our trip, which I never would have considered doing before.

Since we're a military family, we're eligible to stay at Shades of Green. As much as I was dying to try some of the other resorts, I just couldn't justify spending the extra money when we had such (I thought at the time) great accommodations at SOG for such a low price. Now that we have DVC I can justify spending the extra money at the Poly for three nights before we check into the VWL since we're only technically budgeting for those 3 nights rather than all 9 of them.

I've always looked longingly at the Polynesian during our Shades of Green trips, but now I can stay there without feeling guilty! :teeth:

norm we do our "try a new resort" on the 1st day or 2 of arrival (fri/sat). then we go to a DVC resort for the balance of our stay, including the following weekend.

since we've decided only to do deluxes now (4 "adults"), there's only WL & CR left.......but neither hold much appeal for us <sigh>.

methinks they need to build another resort ;)

I dont miss goibg to any of the resorts.
If I want to visit one, I'll just pop over and visit,
Maybe have a meal or a drink in the bar.

yes.!

I definitely would not want to give up the regular deluxe resorts. As much as I love the money savings of DVC and spacious accommodations, there just simply is NOT any Polynesian or AKL or GF anywhere in DVC.

Our thoughts exactly.

We DO pay cash (non-DVC) to spend time at the CR, and the YC & AKL concerige -- simply because we love them so much. Granted, we're not staying there for 10 to 20 days as we once did, but we still go and enjoy prior to, or as a ending to, a wonderful DVC stay!
:)

JimC said:
Still go to the resorts but we have a four night minimum rule so we can relax and not feel like we are living out of the suitcase.

This is our plan too.

Yes I do miss them. The Polynesian was our first love and we will always return from time to time. We have also had brief stays at AKL and the Swan since joining DVC. There is more to a resort than room size and washers and dryers, and variety is nice. Before we bought at BCV we had planned to stay at Beach Club, and now I actually regret that I will probably never stay in a Beach Club room. :rotfl:

Actually it's a struggle to get DW interested in staying at other DVC resorts. She would be happy to spend every night at BCV for the next five years or so.

I guess I'm a rarity because we bought DVC early in our marriage and never really stayed anywhere onsite other than the campground in an RV (growing up with my folks and then a couples trip with my brother). So at this point you'd be hard-pressed to convince me to stay anywhere other than BWV unless there was NO other option! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter