Do you give Christmas gifts to everyone in your extended family?

No, no gifts to extended family members

I used to get gifts from aunts/uncles on my mother's side until I was about 12. The general rule was that gifts were given until about age 18 or so. But about 1973 my mother and her siblings decided to end the practice, so I was cheated out of about 6 years of gifts. :sad: My younger cousins got gypped even worse.
^^ this. We bought gifts for nieces and nephews for years. Really good gifts as we were childless and had good jobs. All the way from are 1 to age 18. Somewhere along the line, we had kids too and for a while everyone received gifts. But one BIL (ironically, the one who could afford it the most) stopped giving gifts to his nieces and nephews a few years back - well before my kids turned 18. I'm not really bent about my kids missing the few latter years of getting gifts - they have enough. But, I am sad for the one set of nieces who are only 5&7. They, like your cousins, got ripped off the worst.

I love giving gifts! DH and I exchange presents…also give to the kids, grandkids, my stepmom. I keep extras just in case someone unexpected stops by.

We have everything we need but still love homemade gifts and soaps, photos of the family nothing extravagant. DH ALWAYS needs socks. They seem to magically disappear!

We used to do grandparents, parents, siblings and nieces and nephews. Stopped with DH’s sister and her husband pretty early on. Then grandparents died. Then we stopped with my siblings/parents except for doing a stocking for one person—draw names at Thanksgiving. DH’s nephews have aged out (21). My oldest is 22 and she is the oldest on my side. I was thinking 21 would be the last year, but I think people are still buying for her because she is still in school. She plans to go to graduate school so who knows. My nephew is just a year younger and not in school so not sure what we’ll do. But so much easier now. I do my 3 daughters, 3 nieces, 2 nephews, my DH and my stocking person (and usually do DH’s stocking person too as he isn’t good at it). I do stockings for my household as well. Add in Amazon and other online shopping and gift giving is much less stressful.

No....we just give cash to the teens in my family who are niece and two nephews, ages 17, 16 and 15. My husband has a nephew and niece on the other side, but they're married with kids. We usually stop the gift giving when they graduate from college, move out of the house (or are too old to still be living in the house ;). Haven't exchanged with siblings in years and years. For our remaining two parents...we don't exchange either, and honestly, our gift to them is always picking up the check whenever we go out to eat (and have been doing that for over twenty years). DH and I don't exchange gifts either....our splurge is nice vacations. Keeps life simple.

I buy for my parents my godmother. I have five nieces and nephews I'll give to them until they have children of their own. My oldest nephew has a daughter so I buy for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter