Do you have a "type"?

amberpi

DIS Veteran
And if you are currently partnered, does your partner fit that type?

ETA: Any details are welcome - lol @dish rag:)

Last edited:
Hmmm...what do you mean? Type as in personality type we're looking for? Personality type we are and our partner matches that type? Physical type?

DW and I are very similar in some ways personality wise, and very different in others. We're both very strong willed people. We both have a lot of the same values when it comes to raising the kids and other things in general. We have similar interests/hobbies. We're very different in ways you may expect a typical female to be different from a male. She's much more compassionate than I am, sweeter, etc... I'm more of a bull-in-a-china-shop at times, though she has quite a temper on her when she gets mad. Like any couple, we have our disagreements, but whatever "type" she is, it's exactly what I want. She's the yin to my yang. :hug:

If you're asking about a physical type, yep, that too. Extremely fit, curvy, long hair (though she just recently cut it...made me sad), energetic. When she started bodybuilding years ago, I wasn't sure how I'd feel about all the muscle. But she still is very feminine, so I love it.

My husband fits the personality type I love, that's why we're married I suppose.

He is the opposite in looks though. My celebrity crushes tend to be blonde/Scandinavian.

BUT he is honestly he best looking person I've ever seen. I actually think he looks better and better as he gets older :love:

My husband fits the personality type I love, that's why we're married I suppose.

He is the opposite in looks though. My celebrity crushes tend to be blonde/Scandinavian.

BUT he is honestly he best looking person I've ever seen. I actually think he looks better and better as he gets older :love:

Lucky!!!

Hmmm...what do you mean? Type as in personality type we're looking for? Personality type we are and our partner matches that type? Physical type?
She's the yin to my yang. :hug:

I was hoping for both/either, but you're so cute about your wife:)

If I had a hot husband who just got better looking all the time, I'd be in trouble, so I get you! :rotfl2:
He just happens to be one of those people who always looked really young before. When he shaved he looked 17! He's just now starting to show the signs of his age and I love it!

He just happens to be one of those people who always looked really young before. When he shaved he looked 17! He's just now starting to show the signs of his age and I love it!

My ex looked younger than me (he was) when he shaved this one time after a drinking and shaving accident made him have to clean shave. With a beard, he looked older, its amazing to me how often that happens.

Do you have a stance on shaven vs. facial hair issue? I'm very, very firmly pro facial hair.

My ex looked younger than me (he was) when he shaved this one time after a drinking and shaving accident made him have to clean shave. With a beard, he looked older, its amazing to me how often that happens.

Do you have a stance on shaven vs. facial hair issue? I'm very, very firmly pro facial hair.
I am also pro facial hair but DH was in the military for the last eight-ish years and now his current law enforcement job doesn't allow it(besides two styles which are very ugly).

I prefer simplicity and natural beauty over makeup and pretty clothes. Also, I prefer the "cute" type over the "stunningly beautiful" type. Like, I think Amy Farrah-Fowler on The Big Bang Theory is drop-dead gorgeous, but Penny is just "Meh."

I also am drawn to women who are drawn to nerd culture.

Mrs. Homie wins on both counts!

Yes, I'd very much be opposed to DW growing facial hair. :bounce:

Oh wait... I've never in my life had facial hair. In fact, I can't think of the last time I went a day without shaving. Just not my thing. I don't think she'd really like it either. She does sometimes prod me to shave my head. I have typical male pattern baldness, pretty much all gone at the top. Makes me really sad, I had a very thick head of hair and now it's mostly gone. I refuse to shave the rest off, I'm not a fan of the bald head look, but I keep what's left very short buzz look.

Yep, I guess the short answer I've historically tended to gravitate more toward females with a type of personality and appearance.

Yes, I'd very much be opposed to DW growing facial hair. :bounce:

Oh wait... I've never in my life had facial hair. In fact, I can't think of the last time I went a day without shaving. Just not my thing. I don't think she'd really like it either. She does sometimes prod me to shave my head. I have typical male pattern baldness, pretty much all gone at the top. Makes me really sad, I had a very thick head of hair and now it's mostly gone. I refuse to shave the rest off, I'm not a fan of the bald head look, but I keep what's left very short buzz look.

Yeah, I'm not pro-me having facial hair, maybe I should have clarified. Hell, I've had some laser hair removal, some of the best movie ever spent.

Lol, I can do no facial hair if it exists to the head...especially with thick glasses. There's something about that look.

Yes and yes.

But it's multiple types. I find people with dark hair and light eyes, girl next door very attractive. I also like people of mixed races as well.

My wife is the latter.

Yes

I alway seemed to gravite to the clean cute, nice guy, semi nerd type. Also a good sense of humour has always been a must. I never liked long hair or facial hair . DH had a mustache prior ro us meainf and when I seen photos I am so glad he shave it off. I am definitely not into " the bad boy".

I found a good match.

Physically my type was always over 6', blonde blue eyes, my xDH fit that description. I actually went out with now DH with reservations. He is 5'8' dark hair I was not attracted at first, by end of 1st date I was hooked.
It really comes down to the "click" & he was mine.

He did click all the other boxes - kind, compassionate, outgoing, funny as heck, romantic, athletic & just all around cute as a button.

He is the reason I tell friends even if you think he isn't your type, don't pass a diamond in the rough - it's still a diamond.

I appreciate a variety of types but apparently my type is skinny, white boys with brown or dirty blond, long or longish hair with only a few exceptions. To a man they've all had brown eyes. :confused3 Personality wise I had a penchant for bad boys who needed to be rescued and treated me like crap or worse. DH is the only nice guy I ever went with and thank goodness I was smart enough to marry him. On paper we seem opposite in a lot of ways but at the core when it comes to how we raise our kids, treat others, commitment, we are the same. We've been together so long that over the years we've taken on the others views and have had the same debates over things we had 20+ years ago but now from the opposite side. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter