Do you have a "type"?

Spin-Off Question: Did any of you find your SO who was your type at the time but no longer is? FYI, just referring to the physical component, not personality.

Yes, I probably have a type, & DH fits it - in both looks & personality.

I don't like the skinny, hipster type...

I've always been attracted to guys about 6 feet or so, tanned/darker skin, light-colored eyes, good hands, not necessarily body-builder muscular but still fit & not skinny... I want someone w/ strong arms that can wrap around me...

I like a man who's not going to burn on the beach, likes sports, knows how to shoot a gun, & isn't afraid to get his hands dirty & isn't afraid of hard work... "guy's guy" but also gentle & kind, especially to children & the elderly & animals... I want someone who cares about what he looks like & wears stylish clothing, but I don't want a guy who spends more on beauty products & clothing than I do... a good strong, military or firefighter type... someone who looks & acts confident & looks like he can take care of me... he's got to have good, strong, capable hands... intelligent & w/ a good sense of humor but also a good sense of honor & integrity & duty... a leader & a man that other people respect... an easy, but not cruel, laugh... a little bit of sarcastic humor is good too... someone who knows how to tip the valet... a gentleman who treats me like a lady, but also knows how to flirt & be sexy...

I don't want a guy who's gonna scream when he sees a spider or snake, but I also don't want someone who's gonna throw a bug at me because he thinks it's funny.

I want someone who's physically, emotionally, & mentally stronger & braver than I am, so he can be my safe place where I can let down my guard... but not so stoic that he never expresses emotion...

I want someone who says "I got this" & means it.

It also helps if he knows how to cook.
Exactly what Wendy said. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

You're Australian, right, Jevs? So what is a sexy accent to Australians? Because to me, any accent other than an American one is pretty darn sexy! ;)

NOT Australian accents - ugh!

And for me, not English, Welsh, or NZ, I can live with Scottish and Irish but don;t go weak at the knees.

I adore some American accents, but not all.

And for me, not English, Welsh, or NZ, I can live with Scottish and Irish but don;t go weak at the knees.

I agree with what Daisy said. I love hearing any accent besides the American one. Although I do like Southern accents if I had to pick one.

Spin-Off Question: Did any of you find your SO who was your type at the time but no longer is? FYI, just referring to the physical component, not personality.

My SO is still my type and looks exactly the same as when we met. Even with my XH, it's been almost 20 years since we met, I can say he's still attractive. But I do know people who's SOs have changed so much the attraction isn't there anymore or they just grew out of that "type."

Yes and yes. Dh is more my type now than he was when we were dating (because I love facial hair and he was in the military at first and couldn't have a beard).
I hope I'm still his type. lol

My wife loves my American accent. It's just I don't think it's me with the accent, it's her with the accent, a strong Canadian one. And like I tell her, I'm right, it's her with the accent because Americans are always right lol ha ha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter