Do you have good dishes...china, do you use it?

I can't say that I use my china once a month, but there are some months that I use it more often. If I had a countertop (waiting for it to be finished) I would have pulled out the china for dinner on Saturday night after my DS won the pinewood derby. We believe that even if we're only eating in the kitchen, we should eat on Lenox plates if we have something to celebrate. We use it for birthdays, holidays, parties, report cards, promotions, etc., etc.

I have service for 16. The only things that I don't have in the charleston pattern are the coffee server, the espresso cups, and soup bowls. I have a silver tea and coffee service. I have other fancy espresso cups. I really, really want soup bowls, but I don't usually think about wanting them until I am having a party and find a cream soup that sounds wonderful, so I either don't make it or serve it in everyday bowls.

I didn't buy my china to have it sit in a cabinet and never be used. I also bought it before we were married and registered for the completer pieces.

I have 18/8 silverware from Reed & Barton and you'd never guess that I have cheaper stemware. I have a friend who tries to emulate everything that I do. She called me one day and told me that she finally had good stemware like mine. She paid $40 something per stem. I laughed at her and told her my champagne flutes and white wine glasses were from Dansk, my balloon glasses were nameless, and the only really good crystal I have had one piece break of the 6 that I originally had. She was amazed and before you knew it, she cancelled her order. I have what I have because I like it and I want it. I don't have it to impress anyone but me, AND I USE IT!

I have a 164 peice set of China that my MIL brought home from Cina several years ago. Its beautiful! Its black with bright Chrysanthemums and Chinese patterns all over it.

Have I used it? nope.

Its a setting for 16 I dont have 16 friends ;)

I use it fairly frequently, for holiday dinners, special dinners etc. We do have a hutch, so I have place to keep it, and I am not one to let things rot. Life is short!

Disnee Dad Says.................................. Snowwark, It did look great, the bread plates and serving dishes are close in color, off white, but the serving dishes have gold trim. The plates are white, with roses around the edges that look just like your logo!
And, hey, binny I'll be your friend! How many more do we need to have a party at Binny's!!!

We do Disneydad's idea sometimes too. I hate using the silver though!!! Just hate to polish it!!!:mad:

LOL Guys!!

Ok everyone can come over for Chinese New Years on Sunday, Hows that?

We'll break out the China and have a grand ole party :)

The set is really quite amazing it has everything form the soup spoons to the tea pot to a giant platter. I have no idea what half of it is for lol

We have a few sets - one was our wedding gift set, two others were gifts handed down through our families. We use them every holiday and anniversary, and then try to have a special meal once a month or so on them too. We have tall cabinets in the kitchen, and the china sets are just up on the shelves above our daily use dishes. Having them so handy makes it east to use them often!

The set of china my daughter was to inherit from my grandmother was hi-jacked by my aunt...
But I do have a set of depression glass dinnerware that we do use when we have company.
We do not use it daily asI have DD (age 7) clear the table, so we use melamine plates, bowls so she won't cry if she breaks something.

Originally posted by binny
We'll break out the China and have a grand ole party :)

As long as we don't break the china! :p Sunday sounds great - 2 days before I depart for WDW! :smooth:

I do have china. We use it only a few times a year for special occasions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter