It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life

(I am going to recap a little so this makes sense)

Hi
greenwave.gif
, I’m Tracy. Lately you could call me the trip reporter who cried wolf. I HAD a PTR that was going to cover our trips in May, October, and December of 2010.

Well May got thrown out the window due to obligations in an advocacy group, October got cancelled due to being crazy enough to think we should spend money on two sets of airfare, two sets of dog boarding, two sets of well everything. Our Disney want was outweighed by our real life needs, but we vowed we would go this year.

We had many date changes, even more ADR changes, I know if I wrote it all out it would blow your mind, but who wants to read that?

A long trip was scheduled in December, we were going to meet up with some friends and that fell through. Well my mind could not stay idle. I was up really late last night (Monday night) and got a tweet from Southwest Airlines announcing a 72 hour sale with cheaper rates than I have seen in a while. I was curious because I had a code for $25 off each round trip so I decided to plug in some dates.

Hmmm, it didn’t work for December, only up until mid November. I decided to see just for giggles what the rates would be for Enchanted’s Ip Dip weekend. Bill had gotten another website to build so he was making more money and I am getting a raise in July so I thought “let’s just see”.

O
M
G

smiley_omg.gif

Was I really seeing what I thought I was seeing?? $66 flights one way?? $305.06 for 2 people ROUND TRIP?? You have got to be kidding me. I think I hyperventilated a little bit.

Bill looked at me and said “what are you doing?” I said “ah nothing, just surfing the web”, he said “what are you looking at”? I must have looked guilty or something :rolleyes1. Well as many people know, I can’t tell Bill a lie to save my life so I told him about the “sale”, the code, and the price. So he looks at me, shakes his head and says:

“Tracy we have 2 separate reservations in December, move one of them to Ip Dip, we have the money now and I know that would make you happy to see everyone again. I want you happy.”

1lg035faint.gif

What about the spreadsheets I have been working on for weeks?

What about all the dining reservations I made? I had Le Cellier, Cinderella’s Royal Table, Chef Mickey’s, all the hard ones, WHAT ABOUT THEM!!
sad20.gif

In the end, the dining reservations we had meant nothing. Getting to go cheaply and affordable was within our reach. The idea of going in October, seeing Ip Dippers we knew and ones we wanted to meet was too enticing. We are looking forward to many things:

Bill gets to race against Taz, wheelchair vs. ECV

We get to go to MNSSHP and MVMCP all in one year.

Hopefully we will get to meet Darla’s wonderful Mom.

Vinny will be there!!

Maybe Jodi’s kids will have Bill glowing again with Glow sticks.

We get to meet NEW Ip Dippers.

Buzz…. Nuff said.

And much much more, what is more cool than that?

We are still going in December just just not for 14 nights. We are leaving for the Smoky Mountains late tomorrow evening so I am not sure when I will be back on the boards. We are taking a laptop.

Next installment… When, where, and which dining plan we decided on

So glad you guys are getting to do both trips!!! So sad that I can't be there for either one though... :sad1:

Thank you so much Toni. I can't meet you and Terry this time but someday :hug:. I still am sad about you not coming in December, but you have a great big cruise ship to get on!!

Celebrating a phenomenal airfare with you!! I know how much that Ip Dip tirp meant to you, so here's a toast to a GREAT thing!!! YAY!!!! :woohoo:

:cool1: I am so happy for you Tracy! I know how much Ip Dip means to you and how exciting you get to go!! I am so jealous! :rolleyes1 Just Kidding! One day I hope to make it to Ip Dip! I have a short trip planned for Oct 2011 so I am hoping it will fall on Ip Dip next year! Have a good time in the mountains!!

Hi Tracy!! What are the dates of the Ip Dip trip? There are some CRAZY room rates on Orbitz (Travelocity & Southwest too) for Deluxes for $100-$150 per night!! My friend & I just got 3 nights at the Boardwalk Inn, during F&W, for $400. :cool1: Not sure how far out those rates are available, but ours was for the first weekend in October.

I am so happy for you and Bill!!! (And slightly jealous) I can't wait to read about the plans and see which part of the December trip you change around. I am really excited that now I have 2 TR to read!!!

You and Bill totally rock! So glad you get to go to Ip Dip! I can't wait to read you and Bill's TR-and Scott's too. MNSSHP and MVMCP in the same year is incredible!

sheesh, you have trip planning add!!:lmao:

That sounds like a great plan!!:banana::banana:

Tracy, I am super freaking jealous on all levels right now!!! :eek: But, I am so happy for you!!! That is awesome! Can't wait to here more about the NEW plans!!! :goodvibes

Great news, Tracy! There's nothing better than a great deal, except for having two trips to Disney World!!!

I hope you are having a great time in the mountains!!

Can't wait until you guys get back so I can hear all about it!!! :goodvibes

My head hurts. This must hold the record for being the most confusing pre trip report ever.

When in October are you going? We are scheduled to go 2nd week but I'm trying to get out of it (I have too many DVC points that I can't bank into next year). We are going to Egypt for 2 weeks in November and I don't want to go to WDW 3 weeks before but at this point, it looks like I am. No chance we'll get airfare deals like you go though; that's amazing.

How awesome is that!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We are really happy!

Celebrating a phenomenal airfare with you!! I know how much that Ip Dip tirp meant to you, so here's a toast to a GREAT thing!!! YAY!!!! :woohoo:

Thank you so much!

That is awesome!! Don't leave us hanging too long, we need the details girl! Have a great vacation!

Just got back this evening, I will do an update some time this week.

YAY for you guys!!!! I hope a deal like that comes out for December with SW

I am hoping that happens as well.
:cool1: I am so happy for you Tracy! I know how much Ip Dip means to you and how exciting you get to go!! I am so jealous! :rolleyes1 Just Kidding! One day I hope to make it to Ip Dip! I have a short trip planned for Oct 2011 so I am hoping it will fall on Ip Dip next year! Have a good time in the mountains!!

I wish you were coming to Ip Dip, it would be so great to meet you!

Hi Tracy!! What are the dates of the Ip Dip trip? There are some CRAZY room rates on Orbitz (Travelocity & Southwest too) for Deluxes for $100-$150 per night!! My friend & I just got 3 nights at the Boardwalk Inn, during F&W, for $400. :cool1: Not sure how far out those rates are available, but ours was for the first weekend in October.

We are going Oct. 20 - 26th. Congrats on your deal, that is fantastic!!

I am so happy for you and Bill!!! (And slightly jealous) I can't wait to read about the plans and see which part of the December trip you change around. I am really excited that now I have 2 TR to read!!!

Thanks! We changed a lot around, it is so hard keeping everything straight :rotfl:. Toni has been a fantastic sounding board for me and helps me think of things.

Wow Tracy that is amazing :cool1:

Thanks!

You and Bill totally rock! So glad you get to go to Ip Dip! I can't wait to read you and Bill's TR-and Scott's too. MNSSHP and MVMCP in the same year is incredible!

Scott's TR's are great and his pictures are fantastic! I am so happy to get to do both parties.

Awesome news!!!:thumbsup2
Now I'm really jealous!!! :rotfl:

I wish you could come, I still think that the flu will becoming around your house that week and you can't go to work :thumbsup2.

sheesh, you have trip planning add!!:lmao:

That sounds like a great plan!!:banana::banana:

You are absolutely correct about the trip planning ADD. You should see the scribbled notes I have everywhere to keep up with all this stuff.

I can't wait to hear the October details! How exciting! :banana:

October details will be coming soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter