Double the Anniversaries, Double the Fun! Jan 2013 PTR | TR HAS STARTED! 2/13

All caught up and super excited about your 8 days to go:yay: You guys will have a GREAT time :wizard:

OMG 4 days!!!!!!! :cool1: You should come friend me on FB, I follow you on twitter, but I can't stand twitter, so I forget to go check it! :p

We are 4 days out now! Woohoo! It just doesn't feel real. Or well, sometimes it does, and then it'll go back to feeling like it's not real.

I don't know how to explain it, but yeah. I'm actually writing this as we're watching the newest Disney planning DVD, haha. Just even hearing the background music of "Livin' it Up" seems so surreal! Matt keeps turning to me and being like, "Oh man! I can't wait to be..." It's usually something that seems minor but is just SO Disney that it reminds you of how much you can miss even the little things.

We both were excited to see Stacey and hear "Livin' It Up" while we unpack, after a long day in the park and getting back to your resort on the bus and hearing "Welcome home!"... or hearing the music for Magic Kingdom as you approach on a bus... I could go on, obviously, but I just cannot wait.

I went out yesterday with my friend Amy and we got pedicures for the trip! I was just going to get a pretty red, but then decided I needed to Disney it up a bit, which resulted in a pretty adorable pedicure:

photo.jpg

We sat and chatted about how excited we are for the trip. I'm really excited to see what Amy thinks about everything just because she's never been!

While we got pedicures, Matt and Bruce were off playing a board game, since this weekend was Bruce's birthday. Definitely a fun and relaxing way to get ready for the trip!

Today Matt and I worked on packing up a LOT of our stuff. Like, as much as we possibly could that we wouldn't need during the next few days. One thing I realized? I have WAY too many Disney-related t-shirts. :rotfl: I mean, I originally packed 10 t-shirts and realized that was far too many, so I cut it back I think to like, 8. But still! So. many. t-shirts.

I bought a second battery for my Nikon D5100, so now I'm equipped with 2 camera batteries and don't have to worry about having my camera die from taking too much video, which is nice. I charged both of those and packed my camera for the trip!

We packed up all of our snack/breakfast items, as well, and watched the Seahawks game on TV (they lost, wompwomp)...

As you guys know, we have two dogs, Milo and Anya. Whenever we pack, Milo has figured out that it probably means we are leaving... without them. Thus, he gets very sad and will basically lay on your laundry. While Matt was in our bathroom packing some stuff, Milo hopped up on the bed and proceeded to chew his rawhide treat on Matt's clothes. Matt turned and looked and gave a "Milo, no chewing on Daddy's clothes!"

Just as he said this, I took a photo, hahahaha:

photo1.jpg

He looks like he's saying, "Whaaaaat? I'm not doing anything wrong!" with his ginormous treat in his mouth. What a goober. That's the sad part about going on our Disney trips; we miss our furry children a lot!

But I try not to think about it and remind myself that they're dogs and we have to go on vacation!

Anyway, we have I'd say about 80% of our stuff packed. I have more last-minute items that I'll have to pack on Wednesday night/Thursday morning before we leave, but otherwise we're in good shape!

OH! One other awesome thing we found out! So you guys know how they're doing Limited Time Magic? Well, we will be able to see TWO different events for that! When we arrive, until the 20th, they are doing a Winter Wonderland in Canada where it'll snow and you'll get to meet with certain characters in their Winter outfits. We are hoping Lumberjack Donald is there! Matt always wears flannel and I joke how he is a lumberjack, so basically, I really hope he's there!

THEN! Starting on the 21st, they are doing... LONG LOST FRIENDS!! BAAHHH, I got very excited about this because this is the one event I was hoping they'd do while we're there! It'll be awesome to see who ends up in the parks during that time period. :goodvibes

Glad we didn't get stuck with a lame-o event, and even better, we'll get to experience two of them!

Anyhoot, just have to get through 3 days of work and then we are OFF TO DISNEY WORLD!

I'll have at least one more update here before we leave... Knowing me, I'll probably update you guys from the airport or even on the plane if I have wifi!

OMG 4 days!!!!!!! :cool1: You should come friend me on FB, I follow you on twitter, but I can't stand twitter, so I forget to go check it! :p

Haha Karen! You post just as I went to update!! I hope you get to see it!

That's funny, I like twitter and Facebook, though I have found myself updating twitter a lot more since it seems to bother people less with constant updates during our trip! I'll send you a PM here in a bit. :goodvibes

I am SO excited for you! It's totally even more exciting taking your friends! I LOVE to share my love of Disney with people, so I know you must be super excited to show Amy! LOVE the toes!

I was wondering if you would get to see both of the new weeks they released info on! VERY cool! I'm not big on lost characters, so this works out perfectly...I'm dying to know if there will be something fun for our trip, but I'm not banking on it, so if it is something cool, it will just be a little perk!

Milo is too cute! I know what you mean about leaving your furry kids! Since Rey and the boys are going to be home when Savannah & I go, that makes it WAY better for me, but Savannah misses our animals terribly, she's super attached to them. :lovestruc

I love your pedicure, with the little Mickey on there! So cute!

YAY 4 days!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

I know what you mean about it not feeling real, it's like you're SO excited, you know you're going soon, but at the same time, you really cannot believe your trip is finally here! I love it! :cool1: I'm starting to get that feeling a little, and I'm still 5 weeks out!

You have such awesome events happening for Limited Time Magic, especially the Long Lost Friends one! :cool1: I hope we don't get something lame, I'm going during President's Day week AND the Princess Half, I hope they do something good! :hyper:

I love the Mickey on your toesies! I always do that to my nails before Disney, too! (Well, my thumbs. That's basically it. HAHA.)

WHAT IS IT with precious animals and suitcases? My cat always jumps in mine. It's like they think they can distract you and then maybe you won't leave. Awwww precious. :cutie:

I am SO excited for you! It's totally even more exciting taking your friends! I LOVE to share my love of Disney with people, so I know you must be super excited to show Amy! LOVE the toes!

I was wondering if you would get to see both of the new weeks they released info on! VERY cool! I'm not big on lost characters, so this works out perfectly...I'm dying to know if there will be something fun for our trip, but I'm not banking on it, so if it is something cool, it will just be a little perk!

Milo is too cute! I know what you mean about leaving your furry kids! Since Rey and the boys are going to be home when Savannah & I go, that makes it WAY better for me, but Savannah misses our animals terribly, she's super attached to them. :lovestruc

AHH thank you!! It's SUPER exciting to bring our friends! I'm hoping they love it.. though I don't know if there's any way for them to love it as much as we do. ;)

I'm pretty excited about the LTM thing, though I know a lot of people are disappointed. I just see it as an extra fun little thing to add to our vacation fun. I hope you guys get an awesome one for your trip!!

Milo is a goober. He's in good hands (along with Anya) staying at home with our friend Tanner, but we miss them a LOT every time we go. I just try not to think about it too much during our trip though! That's nice that you guys have the boys staying at home so it's not as bad.

I love your pedicure, with the little Mickey on there! So cute!

YAY 4 days!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

I know what you mean about it not feeling real, it's like you're SO excited, you know you're going soon, but at the same time, you really cannot believe your trip is finally here! I love it! :cool1: I'm starting to get that feeling a little, and I'm still 5 weeks out!

You have such awesome events happening for Limited Time Magic, especially the Long Lost Friends one! :cool1: I hope we don't get something lame, I'm going during President's Day week AND the Princess Half, I hope they do something good! :hyper:

Haha thanks! We are literally leaving tomorrow and it still doesn't feel real. I think it doesn't feel real until like, day 2 or something. I always feel like I'm in a dream when I finally get there! Your trip is getting so close now!!

I'm pretty excited about it, I know a lot of people think the events have been lame but these two I think are pretty good ones and I'm excited to meet some awesome characters! :goodvibes I hope you get a good one, too!!

I love the Mickey on your toesies! I always do that to my nails before Disney, too! (Well, my thumbs. That's basically it. HAHA.)

WHAT IS IT with precious animals and suitcases? My cat always jumps in mine. It's like they think they can distract you and then maybe you won't leave. Awwww precious. :cutie:

Haha thanks! I considered getting a manicure, too, but I ALWAYS chip my nails like 2 hours after I get one done, so I skipped those.

Haha I don't know, but Milo just lays all over everything, almost like, "Nope, you're not going anywhere!" Animals are too funny.

Just reading your PTR and catching up, but this is AMAZING!

Haha isn't it though?! Matt was TERRIBLY shy when he was a little boy around characters... but this photo was too good to pass up posting for you guys! :rotfl:

ONE DAY!!!

I can't believe it! ONE STINKIN' DAY!

I've already checked us both in for our flight, paid our baggage fees... so we'll be all set to go tomorrow morning when we get to the airport.

It's unreal! We are pretty much totally packed aside from a few little items that we can't pack til right before we leave. Our friend Tanner who is house/pet-sitting will be coming over tonight since it's easiest. Then tomorrow we're getting picked up at 6:15am by our town car service and we're on our way!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for following along with this PTR; it's been a long time coming for this trip and it's finally here! I'll probably update once more (quite possibly while we're flying?!) and then of course, I'll let you know when I've started my TR for our trip!

Last thing I want to mention... If you're interested in following along with my live updates/tweets, feel free to follow me on twitter! You don't even need an account, you can just look at my updates here: twitter.com/snoogibear.

Again, thanks for being such awesome friends and I can't wait to share this trip with you in the near future!! :goodvibes

I can't belive your trip is already here :goodvibes Have a great trip. I'm looking forward to reading your trip report.

ONE DAY!!!! :cool1: :woohoo: :yay:

Have a magical trip!! :wizard: Can't wait for all of your tweets and pics on Instagram!! :banana:

I can't belive your trip is already here :goodvibes Have a great trip. I'm looking forward to reading your trip report.

I know, it's crazy! Thank you! I can't wait to share our trip with everyone. :goodvibes

ONE DAY!!!! :cool1: :woohoo: :yay:

Have a magical trip!! :wizard: Can't wait for all of your tweets and pics on Instagram!! :banana:

I KNOOOOW BAH! Can't wait. I'll be definitely tweeting and instagramming tons! lsdkfjlkdjsf sorry got excited. :rotfl:

What park are you guys doing on Sunday?

Sunday we don't have any plans until the evening. We have a 5pm ADR for Whispering Canyon Cafe, and then we're planning on going to MK for the night to watch MSEP and do EMH as long as we can. Otherwise I think we'll probably just spend the morning swimming or going to DTD! We have also discussed the possibility of going to Typhoon Lagoon but we'll see; I might just want to stay at Stormalong Bay. :thumbsup2

Are you going to be there at all??

YAY!!!!!

Hahah basically you know I'll be stalking you on twitter and instagram. You're welcome in advance.

So fun, and I'm so jealous! I tried to get my DH to do a quick weekend trip as it's a three day weekend! Enjoy your time! And, I'm nosy, what's your instagram name?

marDgreen88 said:
YAY!!!!!

Hahah basically you know I'll be stalking you on twitter and instagram. You're welcome in advance.

Yayayay! Of course, I'm so excited!

GatorMommy2007 said:
So fun, and I'm so jealous! I tried to get my DH to do a quick weekend trip as it's a three day weekend! Enjoy your time! And, I'm nosy, what's your instagram name?

Aww, that would have been a ton of fun!

My instagram is dmags, find me and follow me! I love sharing my photos with everyone! :)

Matt reminded me not to neglect my PTR for our WDW trip, so I wanted to pop in and let you know how things were going!

hahaha I LOVE when I read things like this about guys enthusiastic about not just Disney, but Disney geek stuff like pins/TRs/hidden mickeys, etc. It gives me hope that I can find someone like that!

I'm glad you got the Crocs. I wouldn't call myself a shoe snob but I am unbelievably picky about what I buy. Crocs however... I don't care how ugly they are, they are unreal when it comes to comfort and they just scream Disney.

LIVIN IT UP is the best song ever basically. That paired with my queen Stacey... it's just pure joy blasting out of your TV.

THAT PEDICURE IS AMAZING! How adorable. You are all set.

I would love to read your Disneyland TR but I have vowed to stay away from spoilers until I go myself. But I can't wait until your latest WDW one! I know I just said this to you on Twitter, but I wish you the most magical trip ever!

Safe travels! I can't wait for all your Disney Twitter updates. :D

__disneygirl said:
hahaha I LOVE when I read things like this about guys enthusiastic about not just Disney, but Disney geek stuff like pins/TRs/hidden mickeys, etc. It gives me hope that I can find someone like that!

I'm glad you got the Crocs. I wouldn't call myself a shoe snob but I am unbelievably picky about what I buy. Crocs however... I don't care how ugly they are, they are unreal when it comes to comfort and they just scream Disney.

LIVIN IT UP is the best song ever basically. That paired with my queen Stacey... it's just pure joy blasting out of your TV.

THAT PEDICURE IS AMAZING! How adorable. You are all set.

I would love to read your Disneyland TR but I have vowed to stay away from spoilers until I go myself. But I can't wait until your latest WDW one! I know I just said this to you on Twitter, but I wish you the most magical trip ever!

Safe travels! I can't wait for all your Disney Twitter updates. :D

Haha I know! It's super cute when he does it because he just gets excited about random little things. Like he is very excited to pick out some new pins, too during our trip. There are guys who love Disney and you will find one! ;)

Amen on the Crocs! I really think they will help out on this trip!

I can't wait to have Stacey in my life again, I've missed her.

Aw thanks! I thought they did a good job, even though they were initially confused as to what I was asking for, hahaha.

No worries, I totally get it! There's a lot of awesomeness in Disneyland to discover for yourself. I hope you go soon because it's amazing. And thank you!I hope it's magical :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter