Double the Anniversaries, Double the Fun! Jan 2013 PTR | TR HAS STARTED! 2/13

I am so excited for your trip! I love your trip reports and I am already looking forward to your next one! Plus it means our trip is a little closer.... :cool1: would you mind posting your list? I am a HUGE list lover and love compiling and adding to ours.

Oh, to be at Disney World with you!!...cough...September...cough...
I hope you have the best time ever!
Your countdown is super cute! I would have reused it, too! I need to actually make one with my kids next time. Mom fail.
Okay, lemme tell you about Crocs. They are wonderful. I have a black pair and brown pair of these sandals that are Crocs, and those are the only two pairs of shoes I have EVER worn to Disney. They don't look like Crocs at all, so I wear them all summer, too. Okay, and all Fall, cause this is Georgia. No blisters ever. If I were going to get Crocs that look like Crocs for cold-ish weather? I'd TOTALLY rock the lime green! DIS REPRESENT!:woohoo:

Your countdown is super cute! I would have reused it, too! I need to actually make one with my kids next time. Mom fail.
Okay, lemme tell you about Crocs. They are wonderful. I have a black pair and brown pair of these sandals that are Crocs, and those are the only two pairs of shoes I have EVER worn to Disney. They don't look like Crocs at all, so I wear them all summer, too. Okay, and all Fall, cause this is Georgia. No blisters ever. If I were going to get Crocs that look like Crocs for cold-ish weather? I'd TOTALLY rock the lime green! DIS REPRESENT!:woohoo:

I know, right? I would totally love a Dis Meet up with Dani! How fun! So, tell me about this Instagram meet up? Just people whom you've followed on Instagram?

Hmmmm, why is my ticker stuck on two months, two weeks?

I love your Disney countdown- I also can't believe how close we are! Maybe we will get to be one of your Dis-meets!

Carla
:goodvibes

I hope the Crocs work for you. I always take Crocs to Disney and alternate with sneakers. No blisters and super comfy! I have the ones with the Mickey heads for holes but those lime green ones are super cute (for Crocs haha)!

I love Crocs in the park, as you know from your DL TR. Usually I wear the flip flops. Last year, before our trip, I bought new flip flops. I had always worn them without problems, but I was saving them for my trip (STUPID), and I got the most HORRIBLE blisters. This trip, I am going to rotate new sneakers (that I just bought, and I am working on breaking in), Sanuks, and I might go old school Crocs too. My little one has ALWAYS worn Crocs each day of each trip. We have never taken a stroller to Disney because he has never wanted one, his first trip was at 3, and this is his fourth trip at 5.

Also, my husband and I buy BioFreeze and rub it on our feet before we leave for the day, and before we go to bed at night. It works WONDERS for our feet.

I'm glad to see you went with the lime green Crocs! :thumbsup2 Personally I like to rotate between my Sketchers and Converse sneakers for park-walking, but I've heard great things about the Crocs!

I like using the string backpacks in the parks, they're nice and easy to use! I will warn you that if you're wearing them with shirts with skinnier straps, they have a tendency to start to dig in and get annoying. (That's when I give the bag to DF to carry :rolleyes1:rotfl: )

I am so excited for your trip! I love your trip reports and I am already looking forward to your next one! Plus it means our trip is a little closer.... :cool1: would you mind posting your list? I am a HUGE list lover and love compiling and adding to ours.

I second this!! I'm also a big plan/list maker so would LOVE if you could at least post the site it's from! Plus, I'm 100% sure you will rock your Crocs :thumbsup2

Thank you so much! :) I am very excited to go on this trip and then relive it again when we're back and I'm writing a TR!

In terms of the list, it's one from allears! Hopefully this link works; I know the DIS can sometimes remove links and whatnot... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...YxIucIpWTT-zbPUeZOXhw&bvm=bv.1357316858,d.cGE

I think it's an excellent list, and of course there are a few other things I put on there for myself, but this one always comes in handy!

Hahaha, we're getting closer to having more of a discussion about that here... I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

I am SO excited for the trip, ahh! I just can't believe it's almost here. And thanks, I do enjoy our little countdown. I only made 15 Mickey heads so I can only do a 15-day countdown, but it works!

I've been wearing my Crocs a bit and they are so comfortable. The only potential issue I can see with them is possibly causing a blister on the top of my foot near the opening of the shoe. BUT I've bought BodyGlide soooo that will/should take care of that issue. I'm telling you, I'm going into this trip prepared as possible!

And I didn't even think of the DIS Lime Green! WOO! I should tell people to look for the Lime Green Crocs, mean I'm a DISer! :rotfl:

I know, right? I would totally love a Dis Meet up with Dani! How fun! So, tell me about this Instagram meet up? Just people whom you've followed on Instagram?

Hmmmm, why is my ticker stuck on two months, two weeks?

Haha aww, you guys are the best! I would love a DISmeet with you, too!! The Instagram meet up is just with some friends I've met through there! One of them actually works in the parks, and is friends with a DISer, so we kind of met through there and voila! The IG community is great though; I've seen lots of Disney meetups through there!

I love your Disney countdown- I also can't believe how close we are! Maybe we will get to be one of your Dis-meets!

Carla
:goodvibes

Aw thanks Carla! :) I sure hope so! Just look for me and my Lime Green Crocs! :rotfl: No but seriously, look for me because I would love to meet!

I hope the Crocs work for you. I always take Crocs to Disney and alternate with sneakers. No blisters and super comfy! I have the ones with the Mickey heads for holes but those lime green ones are super cute (for Crocs haha)!

I hope they do, too! So far I've enjoyed them walking around the house in them. They're so comfortable! I think alternating will be the key to a blister-less trip.. Oh who am I kidding? I always get a blister! Though in Disneyland I managed to escape with just ONE! So let's hope for zero this time!

I love Crocs in the park, as you know from your DL TR. Usually I wear the flip flops. Last year, before our trip, I bought new flip flops. I had always worn them without problems, but I was saving them for my trip (STUPID), and I got the most HORRIBLE blisters. This trip, I am going to rotate new sneakers (that I just bought, and I am working on breaking in), Sanuks, and I might go old school Crocs too. My little one has ALWAYS worn Crocs each day of each trip. We have never taken a stroller to Disney because he has never wanted one, his first trip was at 3, and this is his fourth trip at 5.

Also, my husband and I buy BioFreeze and rub it on our feet before we leave for the day, and before we go to bed at night. It works WONDERS for our feet.

Trust me girl, I've made that mistake way too many times. Or well, on our honeymoon. It was SO bad. I was crying in the middle of Epcot with blisters on top of blisters!

I'm planning on bringing my Reefs along for the pool and just walking around the resort, etc. BioFreeze sounds delightful! I've bought some other stuff for my aching feet at night, so here's hoping it does wonders!

AWWW YEAH, so close!!!

I KNOOOOW I AM ABOUT TO EXPLODE WITH EXCITEMENT. pixiedust:

I'm glad to see you went with the lime green Crocs! :thumbsup2 Personally I like to rotate between my Sketchers and Converse sneakers for park-walking, but I've heard great things about the Crocs!

I like using the string backpacks in the parks, they're nice and easy to use! I will warn you that if you're wearing them with shirts with skinnier straps, they have a tendency to start to dig in and get annoying. (That's when I give the bag to DF to carry :rolleyes1:rotfl: )

Awesome, I am pretty excited about them! I LOVE my Converse, like I wear them pretty much every day (well right now I'm rockin' my New Balance sneakers, but usually I do!)... However, when I wore them for an evening in Disneyland, I knew I couldn't keep wearing them. They don't give enough support for walking long distances with my feet, so unfortunately they're staying at home, wompwomp.

That's good to know about the bag! We are bringing the usual Northface backpack along, but I figure for days/nights where I'm not carrying a ton, I'll just bring along the string backpack! I can see how it'd totally start to dig in though, ugh.

I second this!! I'm also a big plan/list maker so would LOVE if you could at least post the site it's from! Plus, I'm 100% sure you will rock your Crocs :thumbsup2

No problem, here is a link! It's to a Word doc of everything, so hopefully it works! https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...YxIucIpWTT-zbPUeZOXhw&bvm=bv.1357316858,d.cGE

And thanks! I am totally just rocking them and not even caring, hahaha.

Ummm...

reservations_zps144e0b20-1_zpsfa674ebf.jpg

Uuummmm... YUP. Couple of things:

1. DO YOU SEE THAT?! Upper righthand corner... CHECK IN ONLINE?
2. Yup, I hid mine and Matt's last name by using a fancy Hat sticker via Photobucket.
3. THIS MEANS WE ARE AT THE 10 DAY MARK!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I'm a little excited if you couldn't tell. Now, it MIGHT be that it's Monday at work and therefore I'm obviously wanting it to just be time for us to leave, or it could be that I'm just excited 24/7 at this point, buuuut either way... 10 days!

We got all of our shopping done for the trip; snacks, breakfast and all that fun stuff included! We both actually even did some packing last night, which is very exciting and made it seem even more real. I basically just put in all of my shorts I plan on bringing, along with any Disney-related t-shirts I have that I won't wear before then. We'll probably do the majority of our packing this weekend/next week though, of course.

The weather has been looking awesome, so far. But January can be such a weird month so I'm keeping my eye on it in case there is a cold snap... I'll be sure to pack appropriately. This is also why you can't pack too far in advance, too!

Outside of that, I actually booked our transportation to/from the airport just now! We were planning on getting a taxi originally, but then I started looking into town car service and realized it'd be the same price, if not CHEAPER, than it would be for us to get a taxi. Weird, right?

I'm not complaining though! The woman I spoke with on the phone to book it as super nice, too, so that always makes you excited! I considered parking at the airport like we did for our Disneyland trip, but then realized that our friend who is dog-sitting for us is going to use our smaller car, and I really don't feel comfortable leaving our nicer car at some parking lot for 10 days, either.

So! Town car it is!

Bruce and Amy are going to either get their own taxi or town car, and we'll just meet up with them at the airport that morning. We lucked out in that we're all sitting together on our flight, so that's always a good thing, having people to chat with.

Alaska Airlines offers wifi on their flights, which helps pass the time like you wouldn't believe. It's worth every penny! I'm thinking I'll purchase that for the flight so I can use my iPad to surf the web and catch up on people's TRs. I'm such a dork; I've actually been saving some people's TRs for the flight to read! :rotfl:

I ALSO was able to get digital copies of all the Disney specials from our Disney blu-ray we bought a few months ago. Even though I've watched them like 5 times, they never get old, so I'm planning on watching a few of those on my iPad while on the flight... I just need to remember to transfer them over to my iPad tonight!

Outside of that, not much else to report on! Just trying to get as much as I can get done at work before I leave, tying up all of the loose ends. My job fortunately allows me to have two other people cover my clients while I'm gone, but I don't suspect anything too crazy to happen while I'm gone... considering most of the craziness occurred over the past 2 weeks! :rolleyes:

I'm informing everyone that I will not be checking emails, because this is the one time of the year I get to escape from work and all other stresses and go into the Disney World bubble for 10 days. I know you guys know what I'm talking about. :laughing:

I'll be updating again soon, I promise! 10 days 10 days 10 days!! :yay:

OMG I know I'm a little late, but I LOVE the lime green crocs! :banana: I usually wear navy or black, but I've always wanted to get a crazy bright color...maybe for Feb. I'll get hot pink or something! :thumbsup2

10 DAYS!!! It's going to be here before you know it! Of course, I'm sure the days will feel like they're dragging to you, but 10 days goes by SO fast! :dance3:

I'm so jealous you're staying at the Beach Club villas! I've stayed at the Beach Club twice, but not the villas yet, and I really love that area! Hopefully I'll get to go on my little October weekend F&W trip and then maybe I can stay there! :thumbsup2

Reading TR's on the flight sounds like a great way to pass the time! :thumbsup2 If I ever get an Ipad or laptop, I might steal that idea, I think SW has wifi that you can buy!

Tomorrow I'll probably have Single Ladies in my head all day (it always happens)!!! All the single digits, allll the single digits!

Aw thanks Carla! :) I sure hope so! Just look for me and my Lime Green Crocs! :rotfl: No but seriously, look for me because I would love to meet!

It's a plan! I will definitely keep an eye out for your Lime Green Crocs- they look awesome! Just look for me walking around with my 2 kids that are taller than me (and I'm 5'6"!)

Here is a link to a previous TR I wrote:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1951622

It may help you recognize me maybe a little better if you see what I look like more than just in my siggie! :goodvibes

10 days- WOOHOO :dance3:

Carla

Excited for you guys!!!! Can't wait for the new TR to start, we are living vicariously through you guys seeing as our trip is literally 365 days away! :rotfl:

Town Cars just seem so fancy, Like Richard Geer in Pretty woman. But if i had to choose between a taxi (boring) or a town car (height of Luxury and style) I would choose the town car any day. I think to make it even better make sure you step out of it at the airport with your lime green crocs. AWESOME!!!!

I'm too excited to sleep!!!!

HAHAHA You know this is going to happen again the night before our flight. And it'll be bad since we have to be up at 5:45 to make sure we're ready for when our car picks us up at 6:15am. OHHHH BOY.

OMG I know I'm a little late, but I LOVE the lime green crocs! :banana: I usually wear navy or black, but I've always wanted to get a crazy bright color...maybe for Feb. I'll get hot pink or something! :thumbsup2

It's never too late! And thanks! I really actually like them and they're super comfortable. I figured if I was going to wear them, I was going to go all out. Green is my favorite color anyway, so it just made sense. :thumbsup2

10 DAYS!!! It's going to be here before you know it! Of course, I'm sure the days will feel like they're dragging to you, but 10 days goes by SO fast! :dance3:

I know it's just CRAZY. It's weird because it seems so far away but also I'm like, oh hey, we're in the SINGLE DIGITS. What the crap? I bet the night before we are going to be sitting here thinking it doesn't feel like we're leaving the next day!

I'm so jealous you're staying at the Beach Club villas! I've stayed at the Beach Club twice, but not the villas yet, and I really love that area! Hopefully I'll get to go on my little October weekend F&W trip and then maybe I can stay there! :thumbsup2

The Villas are wonderful! I love how close they are to everything, but also still separated from the resort, too. I hope you can stay there because it's seriously my favorite!

Reading TR's on the flight sounds like a great way to pass the time! :thumbsup2 If I ever get an Ipad or laptop, I might steal that idea, I think SW has wifi that you can buy!

Yeah, like we discussed on twitter, I HAVE to have something to do and to take up my time on the flight since it's over 5 hours long... I feel like having TRs to read will be really good because if I sit and can get through a few, that'll take up some of my time... Plus watching Disney specials on the flight. Seems like it'll be perfect!

Tomorrow I'll probably have Single Ladies in my head all day (it always happens)!!! All the single digits, allll the single digits!

Hahaha OMG Marissa, I woke up this morning and when Matt took down the number on our countdown, I started singing that song to myself! :rotfl:

:yay: :yay: I'm so excited to live vicariously through your FB posts while the days drag by until May! :thumbsup2

Haha YAY! I'll probably update FB once/twice per day... and probably twitter a whole bunch! And instagram. I will be a social media fiend! :laughing:

It's a plan! I will definitely keep an eye out for your Lime Green Crocs- they look awesome! Just look for me walking around with my 2 kids that are taller than me (and I'm 5'6"!)

Here is a link to a previous TR I wrote:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1951622

It may help you recognize me maybe a little better if you see what I look like more than just in my siggie! :goodvibes

10 days- WOOHOO :dance3:

Carla

YAY! Now I know what you look like, as well! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you! Hopefully we will run into each other. But please, if you do see me, SAY HI! I love meeting people from the DIS! :hyper:

Excited for you guys!!!! Can't wait for the new TR to start, we are living vicariously through you guys seeing as our trip is literally 365 days away! :rotfl:

Aww thank you! I can't believe it's already here! And I am so excited for the TR; it's a great way to extend the vacation, you know? :goodvibes

Town Cars just seem so fancy, Like Richard Geer in Pretty woman. But if i had to choose between a taxi (boring) or a town car (height of Luxury and style) I would choose the town car any day. I think to make it even better make sure you step out of it at the airport with your lime green crocs. AWESOME!!!!

Haha I'm totally with you! I feel all super fancy getting one to the airport... though I did have one take me to the airport when I went to NYC for a business trip (that in itself seems super adult to say, business trip, hahaha)... But yeah, the fact that it's cheaper/around the same price as a taxi is pretty sweet! I will totally try to snag a photo of our sweet town car. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter