Dragon float caught on fire !!!!

This parade is what 5 years old now? They’ve never really had an issue with the fire until now.

Do we know how or why people would’ve been hurt? Being trampled by running people maybe? Not sure how the fire itself would’ve caused injury to anyone other than maybe the float operator.

I can't say for sure no ...

Yeah that’s a given in my mind. Which stinks but understandable from Disney’s perspective

True. Risk vs. Reward. If I was Disney, and I know I am being incredibly presumptuous and have no idea what the root cause was to make this happen, I would be so apprehensive with that configuration in the future.

One report said gas was leaking so I wonder if the gas line broke causing the fire. the fire seemed to be in the neck area and not directly the head. Its gonna be a while until that float is back.

True. Risk vs. Reward. If I was Disney, and I know I am being incredibly presumptuous and have no idea what the root cause was to make this happen, I would be so apprehensive with that configuration in the future.
Obviously we don’t know the actual cause (and probably never will) but I’m curious if it was a leak or another cause.

Obviously we don’t know the actual cause (and probably never will) but I’m curious if it was a leak or another cause.

You're right in that it will likely fall into the file "under the carpet", so to speak. Can you imagine if this led to a catastrophic, and unforeseen, event (which is still open)?

You're right in that it will likely fall into the file "under the carpet", so to speak. Can you imagine if this led to a catastrophic, and unforeseen, event (which is still open)?
Which is why I’m sure the float will be out of commission for a long time (besides the damage obviously).

Which is why I’m sure the float will be out of commission for a long time (besides the damage obviously).

And I just saw in the video's chat box that one of our local news feeds, WESH 2, asked for permission to use that video (with credit, of course).

I have many questions, but really should shelve them as it would be in poor taste until we find out the magnitude of the potential injuries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter