"Dream"ing of April 6, 2015

Hello everyone! My wife, son and I will be joining you all on the cruise next year. We plan to book this cruise while we are on the Disney Magic next week. Next week will be our third Disney cruise so next year will be our fourth cruise and third time on the Dream. My son will be 9 years old by the time this cruise happens. We loved cruising on the Dream! The AquaDuck was great and my son loved the Oceaneers Lab. I'm hoping the newly re-imagined Magic will live up to what we experienced on the Dream. We are DVC members and totally hooked on all things Disney. We will be participating in an FE group for the first time next week. If all goes well we'd be willing to do so again if anyone in this group would like to. pirate:

That sounds great! This will be our first cruise so we will be the fumbly ones not knowing where to go or what to do.. Lol!

Hello all! Looks like we will be joining this cruise. Myself- Wayne and DD (13 at time of cruise). This will be our 3rd Disney cruise ,2nd time on the Dream. DW and DD15 are going to France with the school French Club during spring break so this cruise is to ease the guilt and jealousy ( not to mention we didn't want to lose our OBB from our last cruise)!

Hi everyone,
I just booked this cruise for our Spring Break next year. We love all things Disney and just returned from WDW last week. (never again during Spring Break :eek:). Have a DD who will be 7. We have done 3 7 day cruises on the Magic, but it has been 4 years since we cruised. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. :thumbsup2

Hi-
While on the Fantasy last week, we booked this cruise. Our school spring break begins the day after Easter.

Looking forward to counting down the days with you!

Mom, DD 13, and DS 10 (ages at sailing)

Hey there!! We have been to Walt disney world many times but r new to disney cruising. So excited to be going on our first one with my DH, DD15, DS12 and DD 10 over spring break. Am wanting to do the FE but not sure how to join or who to contact to find out who is organizing one for our cruise. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

We've officially booked this trip for Spring Break next year. So excited to join you guys. It will be me, DH, DS(7) and DS(3) (at time of sail). :goodvibes

Hey there!! We have been to Walt disney world many times but r new to disney cruising. So excited to be going on our first one with my DH, DD15, DS12 and DD 10 over spring break. Am wanting to do the FE but not sure how to join or who to contact to find out who is organizing one for our cruise. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

It's early, someone will eventually take charge of the FE (hopefully!)

Hi Everyone!
My DH and I booked this cruise and it will be our first cruise experience! We had an amazing time at WDW in summer 2012 for DS1's 5th birthday and "you're going to kindergarten" gift. DS2 turns 5 in 2015 so this cruise is his birthday and "you're going to kindergarten" gift. DS3 is still a baby so we have no clue what Disney trip we'll take when he turns 5! California or Hawaii, maybe?! Lol! It has turned into an accidental tradition.

The plan is to surprise DS2 with the cruise at his birthday party which will be a week before we depart. Can't wait!!! :)

We'll participate in the FE if it doesn't get too large. I've never participated so I'm wondering how many trinkets you have to bring for everyone else. Maybe someone can clarify the logistics of the exchange....

Thanks!

Also, I'd love to know what category of rooms people on this cruise booked. I researched and researched before deciding on 8C. I wanted a connecting 8A "mini suite" but of course one room was available while the connector wasn't. Ugg! I wish the connecting rooms couldn't get booked that way until closer to cruise time. Anyway, I'm happy with our 8C because my boys are going to LOVE sitting in the large cushioned window! We are also in a pretty convenient location.

We can officially join this thread! We booked a cat 4d last night. We will be in the exact same room we were just in on the Fantasy last month. This will be a land and sea vacation for us. We'll do 3 days at WDW followed by 4 days on the Dream!

It is me, my DH, my DS (12 at time of sailing), and DD (9 at time of sailing). Last month the kids went to kids' clubs a whopping two times! DS went to Edge once on his own. This time we are hoping for more adult time. Also, DH was sick and confined to the room on Castaway Cay day, so he is looking forward to having fun there!

I'll update my signature when I get to the desktop.

:cool1:Hi everyone we will be joining we just booked today!!! It will be My husband Rob, Im Gail, my mom Janet and my girls Katy (16) and Claire (14). This will be our second cruise on the dream we cant wait. We would be interested in fish extender also.

Add us to the list (at least temporarily) - Jodie, DH Mike, DS17, DD14. Our plan is to do Alaska that summer (not sure whether RCCL or DCL), but I booked this one also just in case Alaska doesn't come to fruition. I grabbed one of those aft rooms with the big balcony + I transferred an OBB before the blackout policy came into effect. I kinda hate to give all that up - ha! Don't think we could swing BOTH a 4 nighter over spring break AND an Alaska summer cruise in the same year though. I may have to eventually pass on this one.

Jodie

Modifying my previous post . . . My mother has decided to splurge and treat the entire family to this trip, so we are IN for sure! So, it will be my mother and her DH, myself & my DH + DD14 & DS17, my brother and his wife + DD13, DS10, DS11, DS17, and also my grandmother who will be 92 at sailing time. The last time we tried to take g-ma with us, she fell down the stairs and broke something, and we had to cancel her room. Please keep your fingers crossed! And as there is always family drama, my brother doesn't want to go on the trip because he wants to TURKEY HUNT all week (won't the turkeys still be there at Thanksgiving??)! Huh??? Not sure we're related actually. Should be an interesting trip. I'm envisioning LOTS of alcohol tastings to get through this week of Chevy Chase family vaca meets DCL! :faint:

Jodie

I just booked this cruise for us for our spring break. We are both teachers so we always have to travel during peak times. This is my 4th Disney cruise and my husband's second. We are bringing our just over 2 year old at the time of travel with us.

I booked an inside cabin because I really wanted the virtual porthole. We usually stay in a balcony room.

I love participating in FE exchange. Maybe the original poster can add us all to the front page so we can see who is going. It looks like a lot of us already!

Now I just need to potty train my son before the trip!

My family (me, dd 10, and ds 9) will be on this cruise. This is our 4th Disney cruise and first time on the dream. We spent Easter on the Fantasy in 2013 and it was amazing. Will be our first family vacation with just the three of us. I'm interested in the FE exchange.

Hello- I am a longtime lurker (no good home internet connection!). I'm sending my parents and my 2 oldest kids on this trip- DS 6 turning 7 week after the trip, DS 4 now will be 5 then. DH, DD1 and I will be spending the week at Windsor Hills. :goodvibes: They will be staying in a 4A family room with a veranda.

My mom has been on a cruise but my dad never has. Both are die-hard Disney fans! We have taken them to WDW twice and I thought the cruise would be the perfect treat for them and my boys!

Since I am not going along I'm looking for a lot of planning advice, especially since my parents won't want to make many decisions themselves.

I especially want to know about passports- did an earlier poster say they are optional but "nice to have"? Aren't they needed for Nassau?
My parents need to renew theirs and my boys need to get their first ones. Is a passport card sufficient?

Also Nassau excursions? Where do you get information on these? I saw something about one with forts, and would like more info on that.

Finally- any ideas for the three of us staying back in Orlando is also welcome!! I think I want to avoid the parks during holiday week, but was thinking about a glass-bottom boat tour or other low key outings.

Thank you!! :grouphug:

Hello- I am a longtime lurker (no good home internet connection!). I'm sending my parents and my 2 oldest kids on this trip- DS 6 turning 7 week after the trip, DS 4 now will be 5 then. DH, DD1 and I will be spending the week at Windsor Hills. :goodvibes: They will be staying in a 4A family room with a veranda.

My mom has been on a cruise but my dad never has. Both are die-hard Disney fans! We have taken them to WDW twice and I thought the cruise would be the perfect treat for them and my boys!

Since I am not going along I'm looking for a lot of planning advice, especially since my parents won't want to make many decisions themselves.

I especially want to know about passports- did an earlier poster say they are optional but "nice to have"? Aren't they needed for Nassau?
My parents need to renew theirs and my boys need to get their first ones. Is a passport card sufficient?

Also Nassau excursions? Where do you get information on these? I saw something about one with forts, and would like more info on that.

Finally- any ideas for the three of us staying back in Orlando is also welcome!! I think I want to avoid the parks during holiday week, but was thinking about a glass-bottom boat tour or other low key outings.

Thank you!! :grouphug:

Wow! That sounds like a special trip for your parents and sons.

I've done 3 Disney cruises and I've traveled on birth certificates all three times. I know the issue is if something were too happen to your parents or sons and they don't have a passport, flying home from the Bahamas can be an issue. I take my chances but you may not want to take that risk. You will want to notarize a letter authorizing your parents to take your sons. I do this with my ex-husband just in case.

My kids are older (will be 10 and 11) but we're hoping to do Blue Lagoon Island. Was thinking about Atlantis, but I think it will be too crowded. Castaway Cay will be the highlight, though : )

Wow! That sounds like a special trip for your parents and sons. I've done 3 Disney cruises and I've traveled on birth certificates all three times. I know the issue is if something were too happen to your parents or sons and they don't have a passport, flying home from the Bahamas can be an issue. I take my chances but you may not want to take that risk. You will want to notarize a letter authorizing your parents to take your sons. I do this with my ex-husband just in case. My kids are older (will be 10 and 11) but we're hoping to do Blue Lagoon Island. Was thinking about Atlantis, but I think it will be too crowded. Castaway Cay will be the highlight, though : )

Why do you think Atlantis will be crowded?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter