Dream's dry dock door just slide out!

In summary, this is a very happy day!:dance3::dance3::dance3: I'm glad we all got together to share all of this with each other.

Now, I am just watching the clock for our 1/26 and 1/30 Dream cruises. Can't wait to meet those of you on board.

Edward, I sure wish you could meet you on one of the cruises. It's like I know you now! Thank you for everything!:hippie:

THANK YOU GUYS! You are a good team. and made it possible for those of us reading this to feel like we were there too!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS!!! :yay:

And one more from today:

2010-10-31093307.jpg

Our New Friend Edward is back in the states. Here is a quote from him right after he left the Dream. He had to leave her, reluctantly, in the fog. It says it all... :cloud9:

"I am at airport now and I stopped by the dock on my way to airport. The dream ship was in the middle of harbor, so I took quite few pictures and video. Seeing this ship in daylight is an unbelievable sight. I did not want to leave." :cloud9:

Here are some of what made him say that:

photo17.jpg

photo15.jpg

photo16.jpg

photo18.jpg

Thank you Edward...for taking us all there!

Awesome pic! So what's up with the extra steel plate between cabins on deck 7? I've looked at the deck plans and don't see anything that would require extra reinforcements...Curious...

Awesome pic! So what's up with the extra steel plate between cabins on deck 7? I've looked at the deck plans and don't see anything that would require extra reinforcements...Curious...

Meh… it's like it didn't follow the sectioned verandahs… like on the Magic/Wonder, but they weren't very consistent about it either! :rotfl:

awww… that sucks…

Update: Although I will be spending almost five hours on board, I have just learned that none of the visiting press will be allowed to take their own photos tomorrow. Apologies, as I was looking forward to sharing some exclusive views from aboard this exciting new ship. Disney will be releasing their own views in a few days , so please refer to their Website (link at top of page) for further details.
(quote from http://maritimematters.com/2010/10/wet-dream-mv-disney-dream-float-out-and-preview-part-one/)

I wondered the same thing so did some research with the deck plans. Couldn't figure it out. The blank space further forward on deck 8 I did figure out though. Cabins 8588 and 8590. Handicap rooms that are wider than the norm. The extra space is split between the two. Same thing on port side and deck six has similar rooms on the port side as well.

Hey...Does anyone know if Deck 5 is having the lower ceilings, like on the Magic and Wonder? Only Disney would think of that on the children's deck...to make them "feel bigger"!

Has anyone posted any daylight pictures of the port side of the ship?

Has anyone posted any daylight pictures of the port side of the ship?

Unfortunately she is currently tied up (or floating just off the quayside) with her port side towards the shipyard. My picture (post 663 above) is about as far around the forward end as you can get, there is a video linked somewhere else that has shots taken from a similar angle at the aft end. But in order to get a really good view of the port side of the ship you would have to be actually on the shipyard itself. I'm sure that some will turn up soon though.

I wondered the same thing so did some research with the deck plans. Couldn't figure it out. The blank space further forward on deck 8 I did figure out though. Cabins 8588 and 8590. Handicap rooms that are wider than the norm. The extra space is split between the two. Same thing on port side and deck six has similar rooms on the port side as well.
Strange though...that beam on deck 7 seems to only exist on the starboard side....

Incredible job by everyone to get these pictures and videos posted. I just caught up on this thread and was in awe at the work put into this. Thank you all. It must have been amazing to be there. Sorry to see the weather wasn't so great :sad2:

I was actually hoping to see someone riding through in the slide :laughing:

Okay, now that all has been posted and said and visualized.....anyone have any comments about how she looks? I was curious to know if anyone else thought that from the backside she looked a little top heavy? In the pics she looks kind of narrow and boxy where the staterooms are. DON'T FLAME ME or get me wrong, I think the Disney ships are the most beautiful in the industry hands down. I was just comparing the new design to the old ones. I am impressed with the nighttime lighting on the stacks and slide. Can't wait to see her in person in May!

Now bring on the building of the Fantasy webcam :thumbsup2

Incredible job by everyone to get these pictures and videos posted. I just caught up on this thread and was in awe at the work put into this. Thank you all. It must have been amazing to be there. Sorry to see the weather wasn't so great :sad2:

Okay, now that all has been posted and said and visualized.....anyone have any comments about how she looks? I was curious to know if anyone else thought that from the backside she looked a little top heavy? In the pics she looks kind of narrow and boxy where the staterooms are. DON'T FLAME ME or get me wrong, I think the Disney ships are the most beautiful in the industry hands down. I was just comparing the new design to the old ones. I am impressed with the nighttime lighting on the stacks and slide. Can't wait to see her in person in May!

Now bring on the building of the Fantasy webcam :thumbsup2

I just noticed this tread has 52,000 views! WoW!!! In regards to the look, I keep wondering why they had the stateroom only decks go in. From the side you can't really tell but from the front or back you can tell. It doesn't really distract from the design, it's just one of those things that i think people will notice but won't criticize. pirate:

Afternoon to All!

Yes her super structure is narrow. This maybe due to stability issues or that she doe not have a inner court/parade area.

truck 1 noted that she has fewer inner cabins on the upper decks.

All or some of these reason maybe simply mean that they didn't need to make her as beamy as the hull.

I read one poster in Europe thought she was a poor design, with no redeeming qualities (he must have worked for Carnival or RCCL):rolleyes1. Most others think like I do that disney and the german yard have created and beautiful ship. Disney magic and design and the german yard for great building and attention to detail.:cool2:

AKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter