Dressing "too provocatively" at Golden Corral

TBH, dd16 had less covered going to school yesterday. She had on a cropped fitted cami that didn’t meet the waistband of her high waisted short denim shorts, and no one said a word (dress code gets relaxed in June, it’s hot and some classes have no a/c). However, she has a different body type, thin, toned, and didn’t look sloppy (unlike myself if I wore the same outfit, my own kids would run). I don’t think she looks provocative, just sloppy.

I read another article that said they had gone to the zoo and to Chucky Cheese so I'm not sure they drove all that way specifically for Golden Corral.

I ate at GC once, dh and I went on a road trip across the country and stopped at one in Texas IIRC. We were young and 'broke' and it was cheap and surprisingly good.

That makes more sense, thanks. I've eaten in a couple GC's in the past (kids wanted to eat there). They're ok, just not somewhere I would go out of my way to eat at, but IIRC, the GC she's talking about is right down the street from Chucky Cheese.

If the outfit had been the right size instead of a couple sizes too small, maybe it would not have looked so tacky and out of place. And, no, that's not the only place where people dress so immodest and tacky, but that doesn't make it acceptable. She was 'pushing it' and totally knew it! Why think everyone else is interested in seeing what she has?

If this outfit had been on a size 2 woman vs a size 22 no one who have blinked an eye.

To me, it's about wearing clothes that FIT regardless of your size. I'm similarly offended by "smaller" women/girls who also wear clothing that is too small for them. Ill fitting clothes look bad regardless of your size. She should feel free to wear shorts and a crop top, but for all that's holy, choose a size that fits. That's my biggest problem with her outfit. It's two sizes too small. She's squeezed into it. And, I see that a lot. It's a basic denial about what size you really are.

Lost me at Golden Corral aka the WalMart of restaurants.
Drive an hour? Give me a break.
Manager did her a favor, now she's trying to "cash in"
Personally I wish more locations would enforce a reasonable dress code. Can't say I support Golden Corral but I would have thanked the manager.

I was shocked last month at a girl's short shorts.........half of her butt was exposed........I don't know how Disney had her walking around like that......I did see her at the exit going towards the busses.....so who knows........

People can wear whatever they want but there is usually a reason they usually wear what they wear that is not my concern. Some places are not appropriate, some outfits are not appropriate anywhere/anytime. Regardless of how I feel, think, I will say, Really??????

The picture looks like her clothes were one or two sizes too small. Can't comment anymore on it.......did not see it in person, was it see through? Was her butt out??? Not my call.

To me, it's about wearing clothes that FIT regardless of your size. I'm similarly offended by "smaller" women/girls who also wear clothing that is too small for them. Ill fitting clothes look bad regardless of your size. She should feel free to wear shorts and a crop top, but for all that's holy, choose a size that fits. That's my biggest problem with her outfit. It's two sizes too small. She's squeezed into it. And, I see that a lot. It's a basic denial about what size you really are.

In the picture it looks like it fits exactly like it is supposed too. I think the problem people have is that they just don't like that kind of style worn by bigger women.
It's a crop top, it's meant to show some stomach, it is also meant to be tight.
Her shorts aren't crazy short or tight either.

I'm a modest dresser, I don't like tight or short and I would not wear that outfit she had on. But looking at the picture it really isn't that bad (in the revealing or provocative way), and like some have mentioned if she was a size 2 nobody would have batted an eye.

It’s not a flattering outfit and I’m not a fan of the boob tattoo, but I certainly wouldn’t have complained about her attire. It’s basically a two sizes too small Daisy May/Daisy Duke costume. I’ve seen worse at Disney parks.
Those were my thoughts exactly.

IMO, the outfit was certainly not flattering but not anything to get all upset over. She has every right to dress any way she wants, even if it’s in daisy dukes and a crop top. FWIW, her body size shouldn’t be an issue at Golden Corral either. One of the happy side effects of eating at Golden Corral is the I feel ‘skinny’ among the other customers.

I am still stuck on the idea that someone would drive an hour to go to a buffet like this. Ick.

As far as her outfit, sure she looked tacky but if they don't have a dress code (as I understood it, she did not go against their dress code) they should keep their mouths shut. That is her prerogative....although, I am pretty sure one of my kids would kill me if I decided to wear that to their birthday celebration, regardless of my size.

I’ll risk getting flamed here but she’s simply too overweight for that outfit. Body shape does make a difference. Skinny women with no thigh rub can get away wearing shorter things. I myself am considered obese and that outfit is a big no. .

I’ll risk getting flamed here but she’s simply too overweight for that outfit. Body shape does make a difference. Skinny women with no thigh rub can get away wearing shorter things. I myself am considered obese and that outfit is a big no. .
I think the only people who can look cute in an outfit like are much younger women and girls. Once you hit a certain age (and that age is somewhere in your twenties) I don't care how fit you are, its just a no. We all hit that age, when we know we look stupid shopping in the jr department. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter