Dressing "too provocatively" at Golden Corral

I was expecting much worse. No doubt, this lady looks very sloppy. But I can't believe they asked her to leave.

Although, some of her FB pictures depict a woman that likes to show others her breasts. Seems like it's her thing. Maybe she was whipping them out at the restaurant?

In this particular case, I think "provocative" is code for fat shaming.

Would these folks also have been asked to leave?

View attachment 407084

View attachment 407085

View attachment 407086

Which one of these might be asked to leave?

View attachment 407087
All of these outfits are ridiculous for a day out at Chuck E Cheese/Zoo/Buffet.

Skinny or fat, you shouldn't be like "Happy Birthday, son! Now let's go out an get me some attention! I am going to dress so everyone looks at my boobs."

Question 1: When did the Golden Trough become that upscale?
Question 2: Who in their right mind voluntarily goes there?
Question 3: Does that woman look in the mirror before she leaves the house?
Question 4: Why is she taking a pic in the mirror? Is she 14? I couldn't tell if she made a duck face?

Apparently many people enjoy going there. The one near me usually has a mostly full parking lot at dinner time. I guess it's because it's cheap and filling.

I went twice. The first time was OK. Some of the salad bar items were good, but most of the hot food was mediocre at best.

The second time was a disaster. They must have been short staffed. Dirty dishes left piled on empty tables, trash on the floors, more than a few empty serving trays that were never refilled, French dressing dripped into the ranch, they even ran out of clean plastic glasses for the soft drinks.

I have to put a good word in for Golden Corral. We have Golden Corrals here in Wisconsin that are quite nice for a buffet. The restaurants are clean, the servers are nice, the food is fresh and it's actually good. It's not all garbage. They have a pretty extensive salad bar with other healthy food, including hand cut meat at dinner. However, have you been to the ones near Disney? They are soooo nasty. We went twice (I didn't learn my lesson the first time) and won't ever be back. It was understaffed and filthy because they didn't have enough people to clean up after the customer slobs. In addition, they couldn't keep up with demand and many of the items were empty and when they were filled they were instantly attacked by the hungry hoards.

The one near us is always packed but we can't bring ourselves to go. I think that it is a combination of the overall reputation as a "quantity" food option and the black smoke that always seems to be billowing from the chimney as if they are roasting a herd of livestock.

Also, I can't get the picture out of my head of some dirty kid slurping directly from the chocolate hepatitis fountain.

And don't get me started on some of the things we saw last week at WDW. I would have taken this outfit over the super short shorts worn by the 16-ish year old that showed her butt cheek crease as well as half of the globe of her buttocks.
Yeah, I'd be curious what the back view was. I mean, the whole outfit is tacky, but if everything's covered (and I'm sure there were customers showing more cleavage), NBD. As for her argument about being offended by someone in religious garb, well, that person has rights that someone in tacky clothing doesn't
I read another article that said they had gone to the zoo and to Chucky Cheese so I'm not sure they drove all that way specifically for Golden Corral.
Yup. I googled. There's a zoological park in Erie, and a Chuck E Cheese on the same street as the Golden Corral. Speaking of Google, if this happened this past Sunday as it seems well, the high was 57° https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/erie/historic

I'm surprised she didn't have a jacket, or even a shirt.

The one near us is always packed but we can't bring ourselves to go. I think that it is a combination of the overall reputation as a "quantity" food option and the black smoke that always seems to be billowing from the chimney as if they are roasting a herd of livestock.

Also, I can't get the picture out of my head of some dirty kid slurping directly from the chocolate hepatitis fountain.

Chocolate hepatitis fountain! Oh my gosh, I almost choked from laughing

Yeah, I'd be curious what the back view was. I mean, the whole outfit is tacky, but if everything's covered (and I'm sure there were customers showing more cleavage), NBD. As for her argument about being offended by someone in religious garb, well, that person has rights that someone in tacky clothing doesn't

Yup. I googled. There's a zoological park in Erie, and a Chuck E Cheese on the same street as the Golden Corral. Speaking of Google, if this happened this past Sunday as it seems well, the high was 57° https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/erie/historic

I'm surprised she didn't have a jacket, or even a shirt.

Maybe she did. Maybe she didn't feel the need to cover herself with it in order to not offend the busy bodies.

Not something I would wear, but I wouldn't have given that outfit a second thought. I've seen much worse. I also would not have left if I were her!

Ha I didn't even pay attention to where it was.
I've been to that Golden Corral as its down the street from Splash Lagoon.
People wear swimwear into that restaurant so really that outfit isn't terrible.

Peach Street - like 90% of restaurants in Erie ;)

All of these outfits are ridiculous for a day out at Chuck E Cheese/Zoo/Buffet.

Skinny or fat, you shouldn't be like "Happy Birthday, son! Now let's go out an get me some attention! I am going to dress so everyone looks at my boobs."
They are but that doesn’t mean you should be asked to leave because someone else doesn’t like them.

I’ve seen a nip slip at Disney, so that’s definitely not my “bar” for family friendly dress.

In my memory, I’ve never been to a gross Golden Corral or ever gotten sick from one, I also haven’t been in like 6 years. I’m sure it’s like any chain, some are great and some don’t live up to the expected standard. There’s of course some people that just cannot bring themselves to eat from a buffet and that’s fine. I am curious though, if you won’t eat at a buffet, will you also not eat like a complimentary breakfast from somewhere like Hampton Inn? I wouldn’t eat something that I saw someone manhandle (or sneeze on, etc.), but I’m not going to not eat the bagels at the hotel breakfast spread because someone theoretically could have done something gross to it.

I don’t think the incident was handled well. If Golden Corral wants to have a dress code, go for it, don’t just make up rules if someone complains. They had already paid, you should probably tell someone they need to wear more clothing before they pay to dine in your restaurant and are already eating. I also think she’s being dramatic.

I’m a pretty modest dresser, but I grew up going to the beach a lot, so seeing people in those local establishments in bathing suits and a coverup (or shorts and a bikini top) has kind of desensitized me. The thing that gets me is the new craze where women don’t cover their rear ends. I’m never getting over that one, but I also don’t complain to management.

I feel terrible for her. As someone who is plus sized myself, I know how disheartening it is for any comments to be made about your body, much less being kicked out of a restaurant because of it. The outfit she had on isn't something I would wear, but I do understand why she wore it - she said her husband told her it looked great and she looked super sexy. Overweight women need to hear that kind of reassurance and I'm sure it was a total kick to the gut to be told the outfit that her husband thought looked sexy was too "provocative" to wear at a restaurant.

I do agree with her, this was because she isn't thin. She said that she thought she looked cute in it.

So should we forgo our self confidence to appease other people?

She wasn't wearing this to a formal gathering, that would be different.

Years ago I was young and thin and I didn't give a rip about what people think .
I still don't,lol.
I bought a one piece bathing suit recently as I know live where there is a pool and take dgd there
Even though I have lost a lot of weight, I hated trying it on. Like almost tears because my self esteem has gone way down.
Do I want to see a female in half shorts? No but if you are confident enough to wear it have at it.

To me, that's really the key part of the story. Golden Corral really shouldn't have asked someone to change clothes or leave the restaurant merely because another guest complained about them. Not without some policy to fall back on.
That's what I was thinking. Did it occur to the manager to explain to the complaining customer that threre's no dress code, and perhaps offer to re-seat that customer to a table out of sight of the "offensive clothing?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter