Dressing "too provocatively" at Golden Corral

I probably would have noticed her if she was at the buffet tables the same time as me, but I wouldn't give her outfit another thought. Maybe tacky, doesn't look good on her, but not inappropriate.

I'm another who thinks there's something missing in her tale.

But if what she says is true, the manager should have told the complainer to take the cactus of his/her butt.

The outfit appears to be fitting how it was designed. What one person is comfortable wearing varies from person to person. I have some shirts that are designed to be shorter in the front (not quite crop top but closer to it than a full shirt) with actually 2 being Disney shirts (one Disney branded and one UNIQLO collab with Disney). I don't feel comfortable with my stomach showing so I always wear a tank top underneath it. That's me personally these days. Back in my late teens would have been a different story (yes I know she's not in her late teens just explaining how my comfortability has changed).

These are one of the times where yes I really do think if this was seen on someone not of size it wouldn't have caused any uproar whatsoever. I've seen some very questionable outfits (this doesn't qualify as one to me though) out and about and while I may think to myself "um that's just yeah.." I wouldn't ever go up and speak to someone about it much less want them to be asked to leave.

This actually reminds me of the recent thread regarding swimsuits and concern over what people may say.

Ok, it’s not the best choice for her body type but it’s far from “provocative” I was expecting her to be in a bra and undies when I opened the thread. And I agree with a pp who said she looks sloppy but it’s a chain restaurant not the ritz.

Maybe she did. Maybe she didn't feel the need to cover herself with it in order to not offend the busy bodies.
Maybe you're right, maybe she did. Then the appropriate response is "no", or "no, thank you." Not lying by claiming she isn't going to drive an hour to change.

First of all, I never would have complained, nor should she have been tossed out. It would never actually bother me what someone else was wearing. It might bother me if they were WAY too noisy. That said … what she was wearing looks OK for home, and looks OK for the beach. However …. in a restaurant ….. ANY RESTAURANT .. she looked like a low class dirt bag. I would tell her to clean herself up, and try to present herself like a young woman with some sort of class.

Question 1: When did the Golden Trough become that upscale?
Question 2: Who in their right mind voluntarily goes there?
Question 3: Does that woman look in the mirror before she leaves the house?
Question 4: Why is she taking a pic in the mirror? Is she 14? I couldn't tell if she made a duck face?
1. It didn't.
2. Lots of people. If you like a lot of comfort food and you don't mind it a bit bland and blah, and are too lazy to open the can of green beens yourself, well GC may be right for you.
3. I do not think the mirror shows what she thinks it shows.

In this particular case, I think "provocative" is code for fat shaming.

Would these folks also have been asked to leave?

View attachment 407084

View attachment 407086

The two pictures here would most likely be asked to leave too imo

First of all, I never would have complained, nor should she have been tossed out. It would never actually bother me what someone else was wearing. It might bother me if they were WAY too noisy. That said … what she was wearing looks OK for home, and looks OK for the beach. However …. in a restaurant ….. ANY RESTAURANT .. she looked like a low class dirt bag. I would tell her to clean herself up, and try to present herself like a young woman with some sort of class.

LOL. Yeah, sure you would. You'd be scared crapless that she'd punch your lights out. Which would be what you deserve.

Right or wrong it is a private restaurant. They have the right to ask you to leave

Wow, way to keep it classy.

Or you could, you know, mind your own.

View attachment 407084

View attachment 407086

The two pictures here would most likely be asked to leave too imo
Unless they have a clear policy that’s consistent from restaurant to restaurant (which doesn’t seem to be their strong suit!), then who gets to decide?
Obviously it’s going to be different from person to person. And I’m willing to bet if Kim K shows up looking like that, she’d have a crowd looking for pictures and autographs, even of staff. It’s doubtful they’d ask her to leave. All of it seems really hypocritical to me. Can’t wait to see how corporate responds to it.

I probably would have looked at her and thought to myself, “Oh, honey, no,” but I wouldn’t have actually said anything as it’s just the freakin Golden Corral. She fits in there. And, yes, there was only a complaint because she’s plus sized. The manager handled the whole situation totally wrong.

Wait, it looks like there has been an initial response from GC:

"Golden Corral confirmed that Emke had been asked to leave, and according to an update on Emke’s Facebook, the chain has since apologized.

The very apologetic district training manager Emke spoke with “was already planning retraining the staff” and vowed to send her gift cards for the chain.

“We strive to make all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable, but it appears we didn’t meet the mark in this situation,” Golden Corral said in a statement provided to The News, admitting they don’t have a dress code but “it is never our intention to offend anyone."

The company says the incident “represents an education opportunity and a chance to make amends with a guest we disappointed.”

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...0190606-4kgmzxrkazay7pk42vuhol5wj4-story.html

....she said her husband told her it looked great and she looked super sexy. Overweight women need to hear that kind of reassurance and I'm sure it was a total kick to the gut to be told the outfit that her husband thought looked sexy was too "provocative" to wear at a restaurant.

This woman has no issue showing her breasts on her public Facebook page. She seems like she is enjoying all the attention.

Why would you go for "sexy" on your child's birthday trip to Chuck E Cheese? The zoo? Buffett?

She looks like she doesn't take care of her body. Nor does she care to do so. A woman looking for attention. A woman ready to embarrass her child so she can show her "sexiness" to others. Quite frankly, someone that does not seem all together in the head.

With that being said, she should not be thrown out of a restaurant with no dress code. It was very wrong to ask her to leave.

Kind of getting off the topic here, but I just wanted to say that the current trend I don't like is the shorts where the pockets are longer than the shorts. I've seen people wearing them with a long top and all you can see are pockets hanging down below the shirt. Makes me picture a belt with just pockets sewn on it lol. Anyway, I think that look (short shorts, long pockets) is worse than the woman in the OP, although I agree it's not a flattering outfit for her.

Unless they have a clear policy that’s consistent from restaurant to restaurant (which doesn’t seem to be their strong suit!), then who gets to decide?
Obviously it’s going to be different from person to person. And I’m willing to bet if Kim K shows up looking like that, she’d have a crowd looking for pictures and autographs, even of staff. It’s doubtful they’d ask her to leave. All of it seems really hypocritical to me. Can’t wait to see how corporate responds to it.

The restaurant gets to decide. It's their restaurant. As long as they don't kick someone out based on race or religion, or color or creed or the like, I'm ok with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter