DVC 6th year Christmas Tree, Sharing a Little DVC Holiday Magic

I read the post above and I am not sure how to send a pm so I will just ask a question here. Are the trees all decorated and repacked for each family and what happens to the tree at the end. I am not sure if we are making it down this year but I am considering donating a tree to bring joy to others at this time of year.

I read the post above and I am not sure how to send a pm so I will just ask a question here. Are the trees all decorated and repacked for each family and what happens to the tree at the end. I am not sure if we are making it down this year but I am considering donating a tree to bring joy to others at this time of year.

mnra,

A PM is a private message. You can send to other DIS members from the top right corner where is says private messages.

The trees will have decorations and the tree/decorations will be repacked for each family and the last family on the list will shipp the tree back to the family who donated the tree. If you want to donate a tree just send me or wdwstar a PM.

Elf Jim.:santa:

I saw that Boardwalk Villas is already waitlisted for our time but thought I would put our name down just in case someone was not able to participate.
Thanks

We will be at Boardwalk Villas 12-21-12/25

We will be at VWL from Dec.1 -12. We will bring our tree and will be more than happy to share in the Magic. I will send you a PM. Thanks for organizing this again.

wdwstar...i would love to get on the christmas tree list. i will be at BWV w/my wife and parents from 12/1 - 12/6...

thanks! and thank you so much for organizing something like this...it's a great idea...

Hi jimmytammy,

Sorry we wont be able to meet up this year.

Elf Jim.

Hey Jim

I saw your dates and thought what a bummer. We will be there with you in spirit. I so missed not being at VWL last year in Dec. and told Tammy that is not going to happen again if I have anything to do with it!

Just sent you a PM...we'd love to participate...we'll be at BCV, Dec. 21 through Jan. 2.

We'd love to donate to the fund when we arrive as well. Thanks so much for making this possible.

Deb

HI, I am interested again:banana: I will be at VWL Nov. 30th to Dec. 5th....this is so great....thanks to everyone involved....

I'm so glad to find this thread again. Thanks WDWStar for organizing it again. :) We were lucky to get a tree when we were in WDW Dec 06. We are hoping to get a tree for our stay this December as well.

I'm sending you a PM WDWStar.

M&C

Just sent you a PM...we'd love to participate...we'll be at BCV, Dec. 21 through Jan. 2.

We'd love to donate to the fund when we arrive as well. Thanks so much for making this possible.

Deb
There isn't one fund. Each tree will have an envelope packed in it's box for each family on that tree list to contribute a little towards the shipping cost.

What if every family also donated a ornament to the tree. Just a idea.

I think there are different traditions with each tree. I got a little something for the owner of "my" tree last year and packed it up with the tree. :santa:

Hi wdwstar -

I just sent you a PM but we would be interested in being a part of the Christmas tree exchange. We will be at AKV from 12/14-12/21. Thanks!

sent a PM! We would also be happy to donate a tree. The kids would have a ball decorating it up!

I also think the 'add an ornament' idea is really cute. Maybe decorate a mini ornament and include the materials in each tree box...

I sent you a PM. I love this:yay: :yay:
I would Love to surprise my kids with a tree in the room when they wake up. This is perfect for the little something different that we never have done.

Maria

Hi Wdwstar -

We're going back to WDW for Thanksgiving and can ship down two trees before our arrival. I know I have two trees still in boxes from two years ago. I'll check to see if I have a third tree and will let you know next Tuesday. (We're off for a long weekend tomorrow am and I don't have time to rummage for xmas trees!!) I may have given the 3rd one to my college daughter last year.

We are currently reserved at OKW 11/22-11/26 and 11/28-12/1. We don't have DVC rooms yet for Wed & Thur of that week (reserved on cash at WL), so we are waitlisted everywhere and our overall destination may change. But for now, count us as OKW.

I looked for this thread earlier and couldn't find it. Glad I saw a link posted elsewhere.

Thanks.

We'd love to add our names to the list.

Saratoga Springs Dec. 9-17

We'll take whatever few days we can get and please add us to the waitlist for the rest.

Thanks so much, what a great idea. I don't know why I am surprised :thumbsup2

What a nice idea. We will be at the VWL the nights of DEc 14-15-16 anf the AKV from Dec 17-18-19. A tree would be wonderful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter