DVC 6th year Christmas Tree, Sharing a Little DVC Holiday Magic

we would love to have a christmas tree for our room.. :yay:

we will be checking into akv on dec. 20, 2008 and checking out on dec. 26, 2008. we would love to have a tree on the 23,24, and 25. we will gladly contribute to the cost of the tree, decorations and transfer.:santa:

this is the most beautiful christmas idea. thanks to all involved.:goodvibes

we are on a wait list for vwl and will let you know if change resorts.

I would love to do this. We will be at AKV Dec 21 - Dec 26.

I had planned to buy a small tree and shipping it before we arrive. Let me know if I can get in on the tree swap or do I need to go with the original plan.

this is very exciting. ::yes::

i sent my pm this a.m. is there anything else i need to do? is there a christmas decor shop at disney? seems that i remember seeing one somewhere.

is there a christmas decor shop at disney? seems that i remember seeing one somewhere.

There is one at DTD and one in Liberty Square at MK. I'm sure there are others, but that's what I know about. We had planned to decorate in a Disney Christmas theme this year in our room. I'm looking for stockings and everything. We have been 4 times during the season, but always left on 12/23. This time we are staying through Christmas day. Can't wait. :banana:

I would love to do this. We will be at AKV Dec 21 - Dec 26.

I had planned to buy a small tree and shipping it before we arrive. Let me know if I can get in on the tree swap or do I need to go with the original plan.

Hi crbruce us and fellow neighbor,

I sent an update to Wdwstar by PM and added you and the who #3 to the waitlist at AKV. Would you be willing to donate a tree for AKV, which would be tree #5? If so just let one of us know.

Elf Jim. :santa:

Hi crbruce us and fellow neighbor,

I sent an update to Wdwstar by PM and added you and the who #3 to the waitlist at AKV. Would you be willing to donate a tree for AKV, which would be tree #5? If so just let one of us know.

Yes. I can donate a tree. :goodvibes I had planned to ship one any way. I haven't done this before. Just let me know how to do it and when it needs to be there.

Yes. I can donate a tree. :goodvibes I had planned to ship one any way. I haven't done this before. Just let me know how to do it and when it needs to be there.

Hi crbruce_us,

I sent you a PM on donating a tree. If you need any other information just let me know.

Thanks,

Elf Jim.

if i purchase a tree and decorations at disney when i come down in oct/nov would there be a place to store it until time for someone to use? :idea: i would be happy to donate a tree, and we would be able to use it when we come back in december.:santa:

please let me hear from someone about this. i will be coming to wdw the end of october and could make the purchase there and store it in a designated location. i can probable purchase the tree where i live and purchase the decorations at disney.:thumbsup2

this sounds like so much fun.:yay:

the who #3 , You leave the tree with bell service for the next family. the only problem the gap inbetween you and the next family, unless we get another family or two to fill in the gap. Im afraid if the tree sits in storage for two weeks, it may get lost. i will look at the list and maybe we can move a few families around to fill in the gap or wait for more families to sign up to fill in the gap.

Boardwalk Tigger, you can ship the tree from the resort or i use fedex down the street from goodings groceries. i will post the address, its 5 - 7 mins from downtown disney market place. (depends on traffic:rotfl: )

wdwstar, i will be in the world end of oct, but will not use the tree untill i come back in december. since the swap does not start until november 15 and i leave on the 2nd., who can keep the tree during those 13 days?????:confused3 would like to do this but don't know about the gap. when i come back in dec. my car will be full of children and their stuff and there will not be room for much else.

would standard size be 2 to 4 feet? seems like a good size for the villa rooms:santa: .

to boardwalk tigger, i find that ups picks up at the resort shops and that may work well for the trees. altho, the items that shipped for me were all items that i purchased at disney. but it's worth asking. if not maybe there is a ups store close by.:thumbsup2

"Fedex shipping location?"
You can ship the trees either from the resorts or fedex (cheaper)
this is the closes fedex place:

FedEx Kinko's
12181 S Apopka Vineland Rd
Orlando, FL 32836
(407) 465-0085

0.81 miles (from wdw) on Apopka Vineland Rd north of goodings grocery store or north of the plaza that goodings grocery store, chicago pizza, taco bell, mcdonalds is in. If you know where ABC liquors and giodonaos pizza is on Apopka Vineland Rd, fedex is right there in one of those plazas.

M-Th Open 24 Hours
Fri Open 24 Hours
Sat Open 24 Hours
Sun Open 24 Hours
M-Th 6:00 PM
Fri 6:00 PM
Sat 12:00 PM
No Sun Pickup
M-Th 6:00 PM
Fri 6:00 PM
No Sat Pickup
No Sun Pickup
Express(Hold At Location) , Ground , Packaging Supplies Available , Packing Services , FedEx Returns , Location Accepts Cash

Here is map link to a fedex/kinkos near SSR.

http://mappoint.msn.com/(km5mld45g0gt0d555ui50055)/map.aspx?L=USA&C=28.38877%2c-81.50621&A=7.16667&P=|28.38877%2c-81.50621|1|12181+S+Apopka+Vineland+Rd%2c+Orlando%2 c+FL+32836|L1|

Here is fedex/kinkos web site. The location of the one near SSR is Number 9.

http://fedex.kinkos.com/locations/locator_results.php?LOC=28.537754663722%3A-81.377346300011453&IC=28.537754663722%3A-81.377346300011453%3A32%3AOrlando%2C+Florida&GAD2= &GCITY=Orlando&GSTATE=Florida&GZIP=&GAD3=Orland o%2 C+Florida&GAD4=United+States&AD4=USA&ST=5&NR=5&DBR =100&SCH=&MANYFLAG=&LOC_1=&LOC_2=&LOC_3=&LOC_4=

Here is the address/info:

Orlando FL Buena Vista
12181 S Apopka Vineland Rd
Orlando, FL 32836-6802
USA
Phone: (407) 465-0085
Fax: (407) 465-0442
Email: usa0541@fedexkinkos.com

WDWstar,

We are going 12/14-12/19 at OKW.. Would love to be able to get a tree!! Please let me know if I could help in any way..
Thanks a million,
TooTall

Updated! We still have opening on the tree list and we are looking for some Magical Families to donate a 2 - 3 foot decorated trees. If you have questions about donating a tree please pm me or magicalmcwho (my secret Elf) whoops not so secret anymore :santa: ;)

WOW
This is so great, Please add us to the list.
We will be at the Saratoga November 25 to 30
I would Love to add a ornament and leave a donation.
You are a true Christmas Angel to do this.
Thanks so much :santa:

Just p.m'ed you--
Our room and balcony looked so beautiful last year with the tree and the lights. We've been celebrating our wedding anniversary every year at Disney since we became members in 2000.
Thanks for all you do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter