DVC Exercising ROFR

Just a thought, but I know in some states the court systems are closed or operating at reduced capacity due to Covid. Is it possible this could affect foreclosures in Florida?

Sure. But nonjudicial foreclosures specifically bypass the court system.

I posted in a previous thread - foreclosure activity has been nearly nil (both judicial and non-judicial...the latter still requires public posting regarding the foreclosure AND a public auction). I suspect these have been limited due to both limited court resources on the judicial foreclosure side (Orange County, FL has cancelled most auctions) as well as limited DVC staff working (affecting both). I also note that Disney cannot use non-judicial foreclosure on every contract (old deeds don't allow it and there are some other requirements for the non-judicial process).

However, the last auction that occurred (in June for a set for foreclosures that started pre-COVID) the units were all bid up to basically resale prices (a bit below....but given the uncertainty of if there are any banked or borrowed points, hardly any bargain).

They cant deed new fixed weeks on sold out resorts, you're correct. But if Disney buy a fixed week back, they can sell that. At least, that's the way it has been for years.
Given that there are reports that DVD is changing the UY of existing contracts/deeds (which in my perception may be problematic), I certainly would not assume that they could similarly decide to create new fixed week contracts/deeds from standard point contracts/deeds

Given that there are reports that DVD is changing the UY of existing contracts/deeds (which in my perception may be problematic), I certainly would not assume that they could similarly decide to create new fixed week contracts/deeds from standard point contracts/deeds
Agree if the POS already allows fixed weeks. But AFAIK, the POS must allow fixed weeks and the older resorts do not.

For the resorts that do, there is also a weekly cap for the number of fixed weeks that may be sold. I do not know if any particular week at a resort that allows fixed weeks has ever been reached, though.

I caved and made an offer to add-on to our AKL contract and the seller accepted! Now hoping that the dozen or so contracts recently taken for ROFR is not a signal of increased ROFR activity in the coming months.

No ROFR taken by Disney this week that has been reported. Be interested to see if DVC Store gives us an update by weeks end.
I do not think they have reported any waivers either. So not necessarily that none of been ROFRd but they just haven't contacted waivers this week at all yet.

I do not think they have reported any waivers either. So not necessarily that none of been ROFRd but they just haven't contacted waivers this week at all yet.

Has been decisions on ROFR on either Monday or Tuesday since mid-June. Thats basically when ROFR was not being sent back at all on the ROFR thread.

So I think it's worth calling out. Yes no waivers but nothing taken either. Hence the seeing if the DVC Store outlines something later this week.

I passed ROFR yesterday on a BCV contract that was sent. Details on the ROFR thread. I haven’t seen reports that anyone else got a decision yesterday.

I just went on the wait list for OKW direct points today, my guide assured me they'd have the points by next week. So yeah, I'm pretty sure they are amping up to continue utilizing ROFR.

Have your OKW points become available yet? Just wondering since I’m also on the waitlist.

Have your OKW points become available yet? Just wondering since I’m also on the waitlist.

Probably be some additional ROFR for OKW/SSR again this week with outside chance at AKV also getting some taken.

When did you get put on the wait list? Also what UY are you and did you ask if other UY are available?

Probably be some additional ROFR for OKW/SSR again this week with outside chance at AKV also getting some taken.

When did you get put on the wait list? Also what UY are you and did you ask if other UY are available?

I was put on the waitlist on Monday morning for 100pt with a September UY. My guide said no OKW points were available. He seemed surprised, so I’m guessing they ran out of points recently.

I was put on the waitlist on Monday morning for 100pt with a September UY. My guide said no OKW points were available. He seemed surprised, so I’m guessing they ran out of points recently.

Your issue is that they likely either don't have or don't want to give you points so close to the next UY since they would need to give you UY 2019 points.

Come September 1st they will have points available for you likely and sell you the contract.

To clarify while you might walk away they likely expect most people to still buy and this way they can keep the limited 2019 points left for people looking to buy with DEC/OCT UY.

Disney passed on my 103 pt OKW(E) with September use year on 7/30!

Glad I slipped that one through just in time!! party:

No word of any addition ROFR that have been taken yet by Disney.

I would suspect a couple more and possibly a small surge in mid September of contracts taken.

It will then go quite likely again.

I would suspect a couple more and possibly a small surge in mid September of contracts taken.

Yeah these are my thoughts too. I currently have a contract in ROFR. I doubt it will get taken but if it did I’m pretty certain I could pretty easily get a price as good or better. There’s no way I would offer higher to avoid ROFR right now.

I would guess it will continue until foreclosures restart. Then all bets are off. We may not see it for years if the economy stays like it is.

One of agents who runs one of the FB groups just reported another 7 taken, but did not say where. I’m curious - in normal times, do they waive at the beginning of the week and exercise ROFR at the end of the week?

One of agents who runs one of the FB groups just reported another 7 taken, but did not say where. I’m curious - in normal times, do they waive at the beginning of the week and exercise ROFR at the end of the week?

There was one contract on the ROFR thread here I think. During normal times I think it all happens through out the week.

What might be happening right now could possibly be the people reviewing these are flagging the best accounts to ROFR and then the person/group with final say does a final review towards the end of the week?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter