DVC Owner Group in Michigan (SW Michigan Area)

Good Morning

This is awesome feedback! Lets keep it going Having a regional or even state wide Michigan DVC group would be great! Make it a magical day everyone

Hi there, Allen Park...no 2019 trips, but March (BCV and Riviera studios), May (Riviera and BRV studios) and Xmas (OKW GV) 2020.

Last edited:
We saw a DVC magnet on another car in Ann Arbor last night, and tried to figure out which other family (I assume based on visible car seats) in the restaurant it was. Also, my kids asked why I only put our magnet on the fridge.

Wowzer!!!!

The Disney price increase in full affect

Now, being in MI? This is worth some discussion....

1) Right out - we probably need to fly. Two people? Plan on a solid $1100 to $1400.
2) WE generally stay longer - can't travel every week :). Check your families food cost...

My point: Yes, tickets UP. DVC costs stable (increasing at about 3.5% per year, dues). Dining UP. But what did you THINK was going to happen? We maintain a good spreadsheet, isolating out GREATEST costs. A Gold AP is not at the top of the list - even now. #1 is ROOM COST. Having hit "break even" over the last 6 years, vs DISCOUNTED rooms? Our cost at BRV is about $125 per night, vs $425 per night, Main Hotel.

We are now lucky enough to nail WDW for about (425x18)-(125X18) = $5400 per year, two trips, 9 nights each, because we would go ANYWAY.

Last year - we paid $1101.22 for TWO Gold Passes. Next renewal? $1264. About 15%, but about $163 total cost. For this, we get a slightly higher ticket cost.... and a further REDUCTION in crowd levels.

This is no where CLOSE to the "rate limiting expense" of the ROOM. AIRFARE went up more than "tickets".

So - my point? We are "remote" DVC owners. Buying into DVC was the very BEST thing we ever did :). We attacked the MAJOR expense of a WDW vacation :). Higher Ticket prices? PLEASE - BRING IT. Our parks are being "loved" to death... and Ticket Prices are NOT our major expense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter