• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC PERKS - That people want

jcf

DIS Veteran
How about using dvc member card as a "fast pass"?

With a school age child the trip times are limited to peak seasons unless I want to melt in the summer.

I think the fastpass system works well enough without adding yet another thing that non-DVC people would hate us for... :) I wouldn't say no to getting an extra FP or two though...

Someone starts one of these threads periodically. I think I've said in the past:

1) cheaper internet - if I'm "home", why am I paying $300/month?
2) Non-AP ticket discounts - we can't always get in a couple trips a year.

IMHO, there are too many DVC members to make that feasible, and there isn't an up side to Disney.

FWIW, I think the uproar over a perk like this from non-DVC guests would more than offset any sales gain to DVD (and it appears that sales are not a problem right now as there are reports of them running out of inventory to sell). The best thing about FP is that it is available to all park guest on an equal basis, with very few exceptions.

I liked the wristbands to get the up close seating to the concerts. That was the case one year when we went to F&G, for the Flower Power concerts, but hasn't been offered since.

Bobbi

Discounted AP Park Tickets after 5PM. FL residents have these for water parks and I would love to check it out after 5 PM for a greatly reduced rate.

Discounts on DDP. After all we have a kitchen and could eat at home if we wanted to instead of in the parks. Disney as a result should reward us for eating out. The people staying in the resorts don't have the ability to eat in their rooms so they couldn't get mad.

10 fast passes per person upon checkin that could be used at any attraction during our stay.

A special concert, fantasmic section just for DVC guests. This would cost them nothing but be a perk. On cruise ships they have special seating for suite guests and I always look enviously at those people. This might entice more people to buy DVC.

I would like to see some sort of discounts on MYW Tickets. Since DVC members travel often Discounting the No expiration option might be the way to do it. Or offer free park hopping if you buy a minimum number of days.

I think even a token discount on non-ap tickets would be a nice bone to throw, of course limited to owners and immediate family. Even if it were a small discount, it could be considered a perk.

Discounts on park tickets (not just AP's) and good discounts. Better than AAA. Maybe just as good as FL residents, LOL.

Across the board ticket discount. Now that they have biometric scanning in place (even though they don't seem to do much if you use someone else's ticket) it seems this perk would be feasible.

Definitely discounts on the non-AP tickets, less for non-expiring, etc. We can't do more than one trip per year and would LOVE this option. I also like the idea of discounts on DDP.

With a school age child the trip times are limited to peak seasons unless I want to melt in the summer.

We pull ours out of school every year & go at slower times. The difference is amazing!!

This year DD13 is starting high-school & DS9 is starting 4th grade.
We're lucky in that we've never had a problem with it.
Last year, each missed 6 school days...the year before, each missed 11.

The slower times are soooo worth it, IMO.

How about using dvc member card as a "fast pass"?

I think one of your fellow members already had that idea. I saw a family YELLING at CM that as DVC members they had "Lifetime" Fastpasses. :lmao: I would hope they don't do this. It reminds me of the Front of the Line at Universal and it is really not fair. We didn't pay for something like that. (Contrary to popular myth we didn't buy the park, just a place to stay LOL!)

Having read these boards for years if I were Disney we would get NADA. No matter WHAT they do, folks whine, call and complain etc. When they came out with the excellent discount on APs the OUTCRY of "My 40 year old daughter and her six kids who live in thier own home can't get one" etc. was almost overwhelming. When they got us the DDP for a reasonable cost, folks whined when it wasn't FREE during the free dining promotion. And so on....

I would like to have the option to do AP's like Sea World does their Passports. I pay a monthly fee for the Passport and once the commitment (1 or 2 yrs) is up, I just continue paying the monthly fee and my Passport is still good. Think of it as having a continued AP and the price doesn't go up unless you stop and start again.

I bet a lot more DVC people would get AP's.

IMHO, there are too many DVC members to make that feasible, and there isn't an up side to Disney.

FWIW, I think the uproar over a perk like this from non-DVC guests would more than offset any sales gain to DVD (and it appears that sales are not a problem right now as there are reports of them running out of inventory to sell). The best thing about FP is that it is available to all park guest on an equal basis, with very few exceptions.

I agree. It is a "perk" that would throw the now decent functioning FP system into a real tailspin, and NO ONE would be happy with that.

I would like to be able to purchase DDE without an AP too. We visit enough that we don't always enter parks each day but we still eat (a lot!!).

If they want to limit the park discounts, maybe only offer a discount on a 10day non-expiring pass.

We stopped going to US/IOA because of the FOTL for hotel guests. We let our AP's expire and really have no plans to return anytime soon. Not even their special deal would get me back. We stood in lines for over an hour while FOTL guests rode the same ride over and over (Shrek and Jimmy Neutron) So I dont want that perk at WDW for anyone.

I would like to see a discount on all park passes and the ability to purchase the DDE without the AP.:wizard:

1. A simpler food/merchandise discount program like at Sea World or Universal would be nice.

2. Faster and easier check-in at our resorts...it seems more and more of a hassle with each trip....maybe kiosks or on-line check-in could help.

3. Eliminate the T&T and put that money into more staff turning villas on check-out so new guests and get in earlier. Probably not feasible for a host of reasons, but something needs to be done about turning around villas in short order and in good condition.

4. More DVC clothing, not the resort specific stuff we typically see.

5. The ability to order DVC merchandise on-line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter