• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC PERKS - That people want

How about a park ticket similar to our DVC purchase. $1000 for initial purchase of ticket. Yearly dues starting at $100 and going up slightly each year to cover inflation just like our dues increase. Ticket would be good for each of the theme parks including park hopping. Including the water parks or other attractions would cost more. Ticket would be valid as long as you are a member, expiring when your DVC resort contract ends. Ticket would be good everyday of the year. Ticket would be good for EMH but not events that charge an additional fee such as Halloween and Christmas parties. Yearly dues could be added to your DVC dues each year. What does everyone think of this?

How about a park ticket similar to our DVC purchase. $1000 for initial purchase of ticket. Yearly dues starting at $100 and going up slightly each year to cover inflation just like our dues increase. Ticket would be good for each of the theme parks including park hopping. Including the water parks or other attractions would cost more. Ticket would be valid as long as you are a member, expiring when your DVC resort contract ends. Ticket would be good everyday of the year. Ticket would be good for EMH but not events that charge an additional fee such as Halloween and Christmas parties. Yearly dues could be added to your DVC dues each year. What does everyone think of this?
I would definitely go along with this! Any means of saving a little on those tix would be welcomed!!

1. A simpler food/merchandise discount program like at Sea World or Universal would be nice.

2. Faster and easier check-in at our resorts...it seems more and more of a hassle with each trip....maybe kiosks or on-line check-in could help.

3. Eliminate the T&T and put that money into more staff turning villas on check-out so new guests and get in earlier. Probably not feasible for a host of reasons, but something needs to be done about turning around villas in short order and in good condition.

4. More DVC clothing, not the resort specific stuff we typically see.

5. The ability to order DVC merchandise on-line.

Great ideas! :thumbsup2 DH and I have been wanting to be able to order DVC merchandise online, too. :)

I would like a park ticket that DVC can buy for our guests. I'll buy the 10 non expire ticket if Grandma(4 days in March) +Sister(3 daysAug) +BIL (3days in Nov.) could each use it on their seperate trip with us.Now that would be a nice perk. I guess the biometric thing stops this from happening??
Thanks
Chris

Free meals everywhere.
Free golf with no tee times required.
First in every line.
Limo service.
Free air fare to Orlando from anywhere.
Each year when you pay your dues, a number of points would be added based on your payment. $1020 dues = an extra 10 points for the following year.

A guy can dream, can't he. :thumbsup2

I'd like to see a MYW discount. I buy the AP, and my parents have them as well, but if I bring a friend down or DN-we have to buy park tickets. Even a 10% discount would be nice.

Merchandise discounts!!! I love to buy Disney stuff and I know I would buy more if DVC members got discounts. I buy more at World of Disney with my AP discount than I do at the parks now. If my DVC card got me a 10% discount at the park stores I'd be buying a lot more there.

Dining discounts for members at the resort! We usually eat breakfast in the room every day, but a discount would probably coax us over to Artist's Point in the AM.

I love the idea of a "lifetime" AP, couple that with a merchandise discount and Disney would probably make MORE money off DVC members.

I would like to see an additional discount for large families on annual passes.

When DVC gave us the discount for annual passes, I thought that I would never be ungrateful enough to ask for more, but then the size of my family doubled overnight and six annual passes cost a fortune. Tickets cost so much now that my husband is seriously selling our DVC points and knocking our trip frequency down to once every 5 or 10 years. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking that trips for large families are outrageously expensive and that Disney would get tons more business if they sold tickets in a group option like Six Flags Family 4-pack. They could require that all members share the same physical address and check drivers licenses.

I would hope that this would be offered in conjunction with the discount we already have.

I am sorry but I have been feeling greedy ever since i thought of this.
Regina

I have a nice easy one. How about allowing members to make reservations 11 months prior to the date of check-in instead of check-out. It would be nice to make one phone call instead of seven.:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Trying to keep my requests reasonable...

- x% off AP, so that the discount goes up proportional to the AP price.

- Continued free use of DME.

- Continued access to the dining plan(s) under the same pricing as cash guests.

- A DVC meet and greet for members that doesn't involve a sales pitch.

I completely agree with a prior post. We bought a timeshare, not a place at the front of the line. We have received everything we bargained for and expected at the time of our purchase. Anything beyond is a gift. Say thank you and do not complain when more or better gifts are not given.

I'd just be happy with all rooms ready no later than 4PM.

I have a nice easy one. How about allowing members to make reservations 11 months prior to the date of check-in instead of check-out. It would be nice to make one phone call instead of seven.:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

But when you make that phone call, you could find that rooms are already taken by people who checked in a few days before you. For popular times, it could very easily happen.

I also feel like we have all the DVC perks we need.

The AP discount is very much appreciated and we've taken advantage of it.
The best part about it is that it allows us to get the Disney Dining Experience card. The combination saves us several hundred dollars a year.

On top of that we get tour discounts, and 10% off recreational activities. A couple times I've received DVC discounts I'd forgotten to ask for because a CM noticed the "member" on our room card!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter