• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC PERKS - That people want

I would like to see a return to the original DVC park pass perk - free admission to the theme parks. That was surely the ultimate pixiedust: ! We saved a fortune not having to pay for admission from 1992 till 1999 :thumbsup2

Peter

IMHO, there are too many DVC members to make that feasible, and there isn't an up side to Disney ... The best thing about FP is that it is available to all park guest on an equal basis, with very few exceptions.

I have to agree, the fast pass system is part of the magic. It's one of the things that makes disney parks so family friendly. There have been similar threads on the resort board, suggesting fast pass should only be available to people staying onsite.

I have never stayed onsite at a Universal resort, and because of that whenever I go to Universal, I wait for what seems forever to get on their more popular attractions. This considerably reduces my enjoyment of the parks. I hardly ever go to Universal anymore.

At Disney, if I am waiting in the stand by line for a long time, it's with the knowledge that I have a fast pass in my hot little hands for the next attraction I'm going to.

I take the perks we have and am happy that they have given those to us--I know we spend a great deal at WDW but the points I bought I knew were pretty much only for lodging, so I appreciate the perks we have. I wouldn't mind a blanket discount on tickets that we purchase for others who are joining us--we have AP's but not everyone we bring with us does so a discount for non family member MW would be a nice perk.
As long as were jsut wishing for something though, I'd like a DVC version of the DDP that would lure me back out of my villa for food. The newest offerings just sent me back to my old ways of preparing meals and eating off site.

I want DVC members to be made roving enforcers of acceptable behavior. We all get issued paintball guns, and keep to zap unruly guests in the parks. See someone cutting in line? Zap 'em . Seeing someone berating a CM? Zap 'em. See a parent not even trying to control unruly youths? Zap 'em.

I want DVC members to be made roving enforcers of acceptable behavior. We all get issued paintball guns, and keep to zap unruly guests in the parks. See someone cutting in line? Zap 'em . Seeing someone berating a CM? Zap 'em. See a parent not even trying to control unruly youths? Zap 'em.

Great idea! :lmao:

We should also be the only ones with perks. AAA members, Disney Visa cardholders, and the like shouldn't get anything but the basics. After all, we're owners and they're not. It's just that simple.

All pools should be reserved for DVC owner usage, too. I shudder to think that the common people are allowed to use the same water as we do. It's unsanitary!

We also shouldn't have to make ADRs. Don't they know who we are? We should get automatic front-of-the-ADR-list access at all restaurants.

And any time we want to, we should be able to take our children behind the scenes and show them how everything works. Think of how educational it will be as we show them how to drain and refill Splash Mountain after lunch on a nice, sunny day!

I believe that, ideally, we should bestride the World as giants while the plebes do our bidding.

It's what Walt would have wanted for us!

I like this one. BUT, what happens when you see or hear a DVC member doing the unforgiven? Do you zap 'em twice? Or do you zap 'em before they zap you?

I like this one. BUT, what happens when you see or hear a DVC member doing the unforgiven? Do you zap 'em twice? Or do you zap 'em before they zap you?

I think an all out paintball war breaks out.

The collateral damage could be quite high though.

you know, this thread started out so serious about what we would like to see in the future or now, but then people started putting these outrageous things on it. Why?? making fun of others for writing down what they really want? I don't think most of these wants are that far out.

Free internet is something we would use and it would not cost DVD much money unless they pay per hour for their internet access and it doesn't make much sense for such a big company to work it like that.

Discounts on park passes or dining plan, not a big thing either. They have us coming back every year for the next 50 or so yrs as it is, might as well make it more enticing for us to bring more family and friends each time. They could limit the dining discount to those in the immeadiate family and the discounted park tickets to 1 per person in the household so that if they have an AP then they can discount for their freinds or family traveling with them or can only use the discount for themselves when they travel.

the way some posters have reacted to these requests, you'd think the suggestions were for a million dollars!

considering the amount of money DVC folks have dropped at Disney, it only makes sense to have perks. Otherwise, it may make more sense to not be DVC and save using AP discounts or free dinging promos etc.. like the rest of the world
By paying upfront for points, you are promising to be returning for many more years, and Disney ges to use your cash for investments etc...

I think, some type lifetime pass should be available..for a price is fine, but having to figure out tickets each year and the pain each time I pay that price, reminds me how expensive my addiction is. If I had just paid a lifetime fee in the beginning I could think " i am going to disney for free this year"

you know, this thread started out so serious about what we would like to see in the future or now, but then people started putting these outrageous things on it. Why?? making fun of others for writing down what they really want? I don't think most of these wants are that far out.

Free internet is something we would use and it would not cost DVD much money unless they pay per hour for their internet access and it doesn't make much sense for such a big company to work it like that.

Discounts on park passes or dining plan, not a big thing either. They have us coming back every year for the next 50 or so yrs as it is, might as well make it more enticing for us to bring more family and friends each time. They could limit the dining discount to those in the immeadiate family and the discounted park tickets to 1 per person in the household so that if they have an AP then they can discount for their freinds or family traveling with them or can only use the discount for themselves when they travel.

the way some posters have reacted to these requests, you'd think the suggestions were for a million dollars!

I don't think the joke posts were aimed at anyone. Mine certainly wasn't. It was just a riff on the way non-DVCers sometimes view DVCers. I'm sorry if you took offense.

Maybe after you have been a DVC member for at least a month, you might be able to have a little more fun with these types of threads.

sorry I haven't been a member as long as some of you but I was looking at this thread as a little more serious than outrageous. being a member has nothing to do with how I took this thread but I ahve seen changes happen soon after threads strted about questions abot the way Disney does htings and things that we ahve talked about become reality. We know Disney has peole snooping boards across the internet and maybe they would ahve reported back what we wouod really like if some fo the ideas hadn't eben so crazy. I'm all for lifetime passes for a price but I think in reality, most members would love some of the smaller requests on here. A nice Dining plan discount would get me out of the kitchen and into Disney resteraunts every time I went down. A ticket discount would be nice when my mother or DSD went with us since neither of them will be gong enough to warrant an AP.

I think DVC snoops can tell which posts are serious and which are just for fun.

I definitely did not feel like the fun posts were meant to belittle the more serious posts, including mine.

I'd love it if we could purchase DDE card without needing an AP to do so.

That aside, I'm pretty happy with the existing perks.

If I were going to shoot for the moon, a reserved DVC section for parade-watching, fireworks watching, etc. maybe not even every day, but a couple times a week. Wouldn't really cost anything, and it would definitely increase visibility, especially with a big DVC banner. I bet if people saw that in the parks, it might be enough to spark their interest in learning more about DVC. Win-win: nice perk for members; great advertising for DVC.

I'd love it if we could purchase DDE card without needing an AP to do so.

That aside, I'm pretty happy with the existing perks.

If I were going to shoot for the moon, a reserved DVC section for parade-watching, fireworks watching, etc. maybe not even every day, but a couple times a week. Wouldn't really cost anything, and it would definitely increase visibility, especially with a big DVC banner. I bet if people saw that in the parks, it might be enough to spark their interest in learning more about DVC. Win-win: nice perk for members; great advertising for DVC.

Hmm. Good idea!

Although, they'd probably have to work it like Fantasmic!, with the reserved section not being the prime viewing location.

It'd still be nice, though!

More discounts on dining....better discounts on passes.

Free t-shirts that read "DVC Snob." Personally, I would love that. :rotfl2:

it was be nice if they gave us "best price" guarentee... i was shocked to learn that the price for FL residents is the same/ lower than DVC!!!

Sign me up for this one!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter