E-mail notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Mr. J. Cricket
So why start another one? You were aware that it was being worked on from the 5/27 post above.

Usually there is no need for us to and again, it's not us, it's AOL blocking the mail. Why would we announce a problem with the way your ISP handles mail? JC

JC,
First of all, the 5-27 posted by me, was in respose to a post that day. My notifications worked fine from 5-28 until June 9th. So I went to the Tech boards on June 9th, to check and see if there was a problem again with notifications. I checked the whole 1st page......no notices of e-mail notifications problems.

A few posters asked if there was a problem(C.Ann,Pa@okw95,myself,etc) and not one moderator responded at all.So we had no idea if it was a DIS problem,AOL,ISP,etc. I thought it would have been a nice gesture to at least respond and let the DIS posters have "some idea" what the problem was. Even if it is AOL's problem(Spam)...why couldn't you or 1 of the tech moderators have the decency to let us know.....I thought that is what you are suppose to do??

I don't want to turn this into a debate...........but what the heck is the technical support boards for??

By the way..........Mostof the DIS posters probably use AOL as there ISP then any other ISP, so I think a post on top of the Tech support boards(concerning AOL and notifications) would have helped a lot of posters know what was going on.

P.S. Thank you Chris C for explaining what the problem is, we apprciate it.Thats more than the tech mods did for the question that was asked.
:rolleyes:

I thought it would have been a nice gesture to at least respond and let the DIS posters have "some idea" what the problem was.

Well you know what? Did it ever occur to you that we didn't <i>know</i> what the problem was?

I thought that is what you are suppose to do??

What we are supposed to do is have fun on these boards like everyone else - and then, in our spare time, we <i>try</i> to help other people out - not because we are supposed to, but because we like to - and a thankless task it is too.

Originally posted by Disneymad
Well you know what? Did it ever occur to you that we didn't <i>know</i> what the problem was?

If that was the case then that is understandable, but at least you could have posted that, so the DIS posters that have AOL as there ISP would have an idea.

Originally posted by ncligs
If that was the case then that is understandable, but at least you could have posted that, so the DIS posters that have AOL as there ISP would have an idea.
-------------------------

Never argue with a mod - they are right 100% of the time - even when they aren't..

Questions were asked repeatedly - no one answered - but by cutting and pasting, you can put whatever spin you want on a thread.. Isn't technology great???? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by C.Ann
[BNever argue with a mod - they are right 100% of the time - even when they aren't..

Questions were asked repeatedly - no one answered - but by cutting and pasting, you can put whatever spin you want on a thread.. Isn't technology great???? :rolleyes: [/B]

biglaugh.gif
.....thanks C.Ann

biglaugh.gif
.....thanks C.Ann

P.S. I even PM'ed 2 mods, and asked the same question, and they read the PM's, and "did not" respond to the PM's either.:confused:

P.S. I even PM'ed 2 mods, and asked the same question, and they read the PM's, and "did not" respond to the PM's either.:confused:

--------------------

They probably didn't get any "email notifications" informing them that they had PM's regarding the problem they didn't know existed.....:teeth:

FYI, I am NOT an AOL user and I posted about my email problem on May 25 under my former username Pinnie, which got NO replies. A few days later, my username was useless and I couldn't post anything and had to create a new user profile with a new email addy.

While I fully understand that being a tech support person can be a thankless job, it would have been nice for at least someone to acknowledge my problem back then,

BnCg

Enough!

Another post will be made later on today regarding the mail notification issue for those who need updates and or solutions.

JC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter