Early Admission (MM/EMH/APEE) Super Thread

Why wouldn't it work? We have checked in early to on-site hotels 3 times to use EMH on check-in day, and we always use EMH on check-out day. It should work fine. Also, we always check out before EMH on last day.

Read the post to which I said Nope. The poster said they thought it would not work for both days. I said Nope. Which is a double negative I guess - and confused not only you but the poster himself who PMed me. :)

To be perfectly clear, I quoted in post #1036 from the OP which clearly states you CAN use EMH check-in day AND departure day. That is what the OP says and that is what I believe to be true and that is what is in fact true.

:wizard:

Tweaked the OP just a little bit. Not much has really changed with Early Admission over the past 9 months.

Is the best way to get to RSR at California Adventure from DLH to walk through downtown Disney to the main entrance? The GCH entrance seems to put you farther away-

Is the best way to get to RSR at California Adventure from DLH to walk through downtown Disney to the main entrance? The GCH entrance seems to put you farther away-

You will want to use the Man entrance. With only 2 lines at the GCH entrance, it gets more backed up and takes longer to get through.

As mom2rtk stated above, you do not want to use the GCH entrance in the mornings, to try to get to RSR, quickly! The bag check area is incredibly crowded in the mornings, and it takes forever to get in. There are only two lines into DCA once you're past bag check, and you will likely be fuming by the time you actually enter DCA(Don't ask me how I know;))!!!

Go to the Main Entrance gates(we personally like to be there around 40 minutes early) before opening. There will be numerous gates to line up at, and you will enter quickly, if you are up towards the front of the lines!:)

We send a spotter to run over to the GCH entrance as we walk through DTD [if at DLH] or out of the hotel [if at GCH]. If the line isn't wrapped around to Whitewater Snacks yet, we use the GCH entrance. IME waiting twice - for security check and then in line [using main entrance] - takes longer than waiting through one line that includes security check and turnstiles [GCH entrance], and we always manage to pick the line with the most inefficient CM at the main entrance, which stresses me out watching every line around get in faster. :headache: With the GCH entrance, the line you see is the line you get. We try to be walking out of our room 40 min before EMH starts.

Note that if you are walking sometime that is not first thing in the morning then the GCH entrance is faster to RSR. As others have said it is not faster in the morning.

This has happened twice in a row, so it wasn't a fluke before. Once again, when EMH started at 8AM, guests were let into DCAP at about 7:46. (I don't know if they were held back from the entire park at that time)

We are going 5/28-6/4 staying offsite at Hojo's. We were going to use our MM at the 1st opportunity which is Thurs. 5/29. Just read the 1st post, so since there is a grad night on 5/28, does that mean there will be no MM on 5/29 at DL? Or does that only apply when the EMH are at DCA?

Because there will be 3 grad nights during our stay and that would mean we couldn't use our MM until our last park day. Of course I'd like to use it at the beginning of the trip.:)

We are going 5/28-6/4 staying offsite at Hojo's. We were going to use our MM at the 1st opportunity which is Thurs. 5/29. Just read the 1st post, so since there is a grad night on 5/28, does that mean there will be no MM on 5/29 at DL? Or does that only apply when the EMH are at DCA?

Because there will be 3 grad nights during our stay and that would mean we couldn't use our MM until our last park day. Of course I'd like to use it at the beginning of the trip.:)

No it does not mean that. The EMH/MMs always happen after grad nights.

I would stick with your plan to use it on the first day.

We are going to Disneyland 3/30-4/3! We chose to stay at DLH because of the perks of EMH. Now that the schedule is out for our trip, it says no early admission is available for ANY PARK ON ANY DAY WE WILL BE THERE! I'm so sad! Will this be changed/ updated as we get closer to the trip? I'm confused...

It does update as they go along. For DCA consider using the main gate for early admission into the parks as opposed to a hotel gate. Faster.

We are going to Disneyland 3/30-4/3! We chose to stay at DLH because of the perks of EMH. Now that the schedule is out for our trip, it says no early admission is available for ANY PARK ON ANY DAY WE WILL BE THERE! I'm so sad! Will this be changed/ updated as we get closer to the trip? I'm confused...

If you were a regular around here you would see numerous questions exactly like this every month. DLR takes a while to get its calendar completed. It confuses lots of people.

I know that EE is supposed to be at DCA on Sundays. Every Sunday I can see on the entertainment schedule shows this to be true. EXCEPT the sunday I will be there April 13th. That day it show EE at DL. Should I believe it? Would there be a reason for them to change it?

We are heading to DL on June 8-13. Park hours haven't been published yet so I'm still trying to figure out our daily schedule.

If the park opens at 8am, how busy does the 7am Early Entry get? I can't image that many people are up and going so early in the morning. I love starting the day early and have used the EMHs at WDW all the time (but those usually started at 8am).

I'm just trying to figure out if staying onsite is worth the extra money for the Early 7-8am time slot, or if staying offsite and starting at 8am works too.

We are heading to DL on June 8-13. Park hours haven't been published yet so I'm still trying to figure out our daily schedule.

If the park opens at 8am, how busy does the 7am Early Entry get? I can't image that many people are up and going so early in the morning. I love starting the day early and have used the EMHs at WDW all the time (but those usually started at 8am).

I'm just trying to figure out if staying onsite is worth the extra money for the Early 7-8am time slot, or if staying offsite and starting at 8am works too.

We stayed onsite in July and got up early for 7am EE most days of our stay. We got so much done in that first hour each day. Also, we were able to be the first in line for things that didn 't open until ropedrop. We literally walked right into Pixi Hollow to meet Tink and Silvermist with no wait at all. They spent a good 10 minutes visiting with the kids. There wasn't a lot open at DCA during EE, but we did everything we could on those mornings and then we didn't have to wait in lines for them later.

For comparison, we did MM at DL staying offsite in Sept on a day when the park opened at 10am. The 9am MM was about 10 times busier than the 7am MM in July. So, if you're able to get up and going that early, it's very benificial.

We are heading to DL for the first time on June 8th and decided to stay at DLH to take advantage of EMH. I guess time will tell if it's worth the extra $$$.

June hours are posting and there is no extra magic or magic morning for Monday June 2nd. Thought if you stayed onsite there was? Perks but yet not getting them would be frustrating. I hope there is MM for June 3rd because that's what we are suppose to have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter