Early Admission (MM/EMH/APEE) Super Thread

I was there the week of April 6-11 and went to every EMH/MM everyday. It was nice to get such a good start to a day but in reality, it seemed like there was just as much wait times in the EMH than there was during the rest of the day. We made the best of it on RSR since if you were not there at rope drop you were likely to spend very long waits throughout the day (except maybe the single rider line.) But generally speaking, that EMH was just to wait a little bit less for your first pick of a ride. For DCA it was always RSR, for DL it was PP and other Fantasyland rides.

For RSR we would usually wait about 15-20 minutes once on the RSR queue. If you count the rope drop wait it would be around 30-40 minutes. For PP it took 40 minutes!!!! What the hell! For that reason we only rode PP once. The other FL rides were generally 5 minute wait except for Mr. Toad's which was about 15 minutes.

Oh, and we dared one morning to get on line to see the Frozen Princesses... what a joke that was. 5 minutes into EMH and the line was 3 hours long already? That's just ridiculous and so are all the people that waited on that line. Ok, maybe that's a bit harsh... but we are from far away and did not want to waste time on that line.

It's too bad they don't have evening EMH's at DLR, we love those in WDW.

June hours are posting and there is no extra magic or magic morning for Monday June 2nd. Thought if you stayed onsite there was? Perks but yet not getting them would be frustrating. I hope there is MM for June 3rd because that's what we are suppose to have.

I wouldn't panic yet; this seems to be a common occurrence with the calendars. As it gets closer you should see them update with the EMH/MM times (last year when we went we had the same issue- when the dates first came up there was no MM/EMH but as it go closer they showed up).

For RSR we would usually wait about 15-20 minutes once on the RSR queue. If you count the rope drop wait it would be around 30-40 minutes. For PP it took 40 minutes!!!! What the hell! For that reason we only rode PP once. The other FL rides were generally 5 minute wait except for Mr. Toad's which was about 15 minutes.

WOW! 40 minutes for PP during MM? Was there a rope set up that day for rope drop? and how far back in the pack were you?

WOW! 40 minutes for PP during MM? Was there a rope set up that day for rope drop? and how far back in the pack were you?

I believe he was referring to the wait outside DLR before it opened for MM.

:wizard:

Nope, I was referring to the actual PP queue. We were about 15-20 feet of crowd behind the rope at the end of Main St. When they dropped it, there were tons of people full on SPRINTING to FL. We walked, went straight up passing Walt and Mickey, and then straight through the castle. As we got through, I saw a line growing on the right side of FL and asked the last person if that was for PP and they said "I think so" so we just got on line. The line moved up pretty quickly as the CM's opened up more queue space and a CM changed the 20 minute wait to 40 as we got to the wait time sign. I just wanted to get it over with at that point.

Nope, I was referring to the actual PP queue. We were about 15-20 feet of crowd behind the rope at the end of Main St. When they dropped it, there were tons of people full on SPRINTING to FL. We walked, went straight up passing Walt and Mickey, and then straight through the castle. As we got through, I saw a line growing on the right side of FL and asked the last person if that was for PP and they said "I think so" so we just got on line. The line moved up pretty quickly as the CM's opened up more queue space and a CM changed the 20 minute wait to 40 as we got to the wait time sign. I just wanted to get it over with at that point.
This is exactly what happened to us. We were about the same distance back as you. My family was not wanting to wait to ride PP (age 12 and 10), but I told them the line would never get any better than that.

Hmmm. We always try to be at the front when we do PP and usually wait 0-5 minutes. That would be a bummer to wait that long at park opening and burn up all that time. Bummer!

I was there the week of April 6-11 and went to every EMH/MM everyday. It was nice to get such a good start to a day but in reality, it seemed like there was just as much wait times in the EMH than there was during the rest of the day.

We were there for EMH April 5th but it didn't seem too bad although we did go opposite way into Tomorrowland. :rolleyes2

It's too bad they don't have evening EMH's at DLR, we love those in WDW.

::yes:: I've been saying the SAME for a few years now!! :scratchin

Hmmm. We always try to be at the front when we do PP and usually wait 0-5 minutes. That would be a bummer to wait that long at park opening and burn up all that time. Bummer!

Hydroguy~ Correct me if I'm wrong, but you also probably do PP during a 7am MM(since you go during the summer). I have read reports that they usually don't do a rope drop for 7am MM, is that right? I would think it would be much easier to get on PP when you don't have that big rush of people heading to the same ride at once, providing that you are close to the front of your turnstile.

Hydroguy~ Correct me if I'm wrong, but you also probably do PP during a 7am MM(since you go during the summer). I have read reports that they usually don't do a rope drop for 7am MM, is that right? I would think it would be much easier to get on PP when you don't have that big rush of people heading to the same ride at once, providing that you are close to the front of your turnstile.

I am talking about EMH or regular park opening. Yes 7AM EMH does not usually have a rope drop.

I see in the first post of this superthread that Princess Fantasy Faire is listed as "open" during EMH. Are the meet and greets in the Royal Hall open during EMH? Sorry if this has been asked but this is our first trip, so a little unfamiliar. Thanks!

I see in the first post of this superthread that Princess Fantasy Faire is listed as "open" during EMH. Are the meet and greets in the Royal Hall open during EMH? Sorry if this has been asked but this is our first trip, so a little unfamiliar. Thanks!

That either varies or is incorrect. It was not open during EE on our trip last December. And I swore I had read on here it was supposed to be open. We ended up waiting over an hour in line for the meet & greet later in the day.

We are staying at the Grand Californian for our trip in June, so we get Early Entry (or whatever it is being called now) into DCA.

My question, though, is do they let people go through the park entrance in the GC during EE or do we need to go to the esplanade for EE into DCA? And if so, would it be better to take that entrance rather than the main gate entrance?

This might've been answered before and I tried to look, but I didn't see it anywhere. Thanks in advance. :)

We are staying at the Grand Californian for our trip in June, so we get Early Entry (or whatever it is being called now) into DCA.

My question, though, is do they let people go through the park entrance in the GC during EE or do we need to go to the esplanade for EE into DCA? And if so, would it be better to take that entrance rather than the main gate entrance?

This might've been answered before and I tried to look, but I didn't see it anywhere. Thanks in advance. :)

Both entrances will be open for hotel guests, however, I always recommend going to the esplenade as there are way more turnstiles than at the GCH entrance, thus you should get through faster (unless you are one of the first to line up at the GCH entrance).

Both entrances will be open for hotel guests, however, I always recommend going to the esplenade as there are way more turnstiles than at the GCH entrance, thus you should get through faster (unless you are one of the first to line up at the GCH entrance).

Yes, this is common advice especially for EMH. :thumbsup2

Ok. I'm actually super confused now. Maybe because it is super late here on the east coast and I need to re-read in the morning (and Im just learning abbreviations - which is there a cheat sheet somewhere for those hahahahaha). We are staying at Paradise Pier Sunday-Sat (I am attending a company convention thurs-sat) and we are buying 3-day military park hopper tickets for M-W. Our company also offers additional single day tickets for teh evenings after "work". What all can I get? Im looking for the best option that is going to get us teh most hours in the park. We have done the rope drop at MK in WDW and if I have read correctly threads say its not the same (not as "exciting") and I'm assuming Mickey doesnt come in on teh train and launch fire works? So I've basically got 3 full days (whatever hours you tell me I'll be there) and 2 evenings (we are on a red eye sat night to come home). Sorry I'm so slow :/

Ok. I'm actually super confused now. Maybe because it is super late here on the east coast and I need to re-read in the morning (and Im just learning abbreviations - which is there a cheat sheet somewhere for those hahahahaha). We are staying at Paradise Pier Sunday-Sat (I am attending a company convention thurs-sat) and we are buying 3-day military park hopper tickets for M-W. Our company also offers additional single day tickets for teh evenings after "work". What all can I get? Im looking for the best option that is going to get us teh most hours in the park. We have done the rope drop at MK in WDW and if I have read correctly threads say its not the same (not as "exciting") and I'm assuming Mickey doesnt come in on teh train and launch fire works? So I've basically got 3 full days (whatever hours you tell me I'll be there) and 2 evenings (we are on a red eye sat night to come home). Sorry I'm so slow :/

See "DLR Abbreviations List" - www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520784

I for one am super confused about what you are super confused about. Are you asking is it better to get 3 day military tickets or to just get evening convention tickets?

We are staying at Paradise Pier Sunday-Sat (I am attending a company convention thurs-sat) and we are buying 3-day military park hopper tickets for M-W. Our company also offers additional single day tickets for teh evenings after "work". What all can I get? Im looking for the best option that is going to get us teh most hours in the park. We have done the rope drop at MK in WDW and if I have read correctly threads say its not the same (not as "exciting") and I'm assuming Mickey doesnt come in on teh train and launch fire works? So I've basically got 3 full days (whatever hours you tell me I'll be there) and 2 evenings (we are on a red eye sat night to come home). Sorry I'm so slow :/
I will take a stab at it.

First, the assumptions:
1) You will be there with your family.
2) Your family will tour the parks while you are working.
3) Your family have military IDs (at least your spouse or a kid)

Buy as many Salute to the Military tickets as you need to ensure your family members have two each (total of six days).

(if you don't exceed the 6 ticket limit above) Buy a Salute to the Military ticket for your self (three days), and determine of it would be financially best to have an additional salute ticket or use the evening tickets for Thursday-Saturday. - or - You can buy DL tickets with military discount at your local MWR (or ITT).

Since you are staying at Paradise Pier, use the Magic Morning option each morning to get the most out of this time. You could stay till park closing, but you are going to be exhausted the next day. As such, I recommend the standard DIS touring plan: Magic Mornings, afternoon at hotel for nap/swim, evenings in park, get to bed at reasonable time to get up early for MM the next day.

On the days you are working, family can tour parks, shop in Anaheim, shop at DTD, relax at resort. With six days of tickets and seven days of available park time, have family relax one day you are working (Thurs may be best) and have them enjoy the resort and DTD til you are done, and use a set of evening work tickets to tour the parks.

To address the park opening issue, forgetaboutit. Magic Mornings will not have a ceremony, per se, but you'll be in the park with fewer people each day. It isn't a deal breaker, at all.

Good luck and have fun!

I will take a stab at it.

First, the assumptions:
1) You will be there with your family.
2) Your family will tour the parks while you are working.
3) Your family have military IDs (at least your spouse or a kid)

Buy as many Salute to the Military tickets as you need to ensure your family members have two each (total of six days).

(if you don't exceed the 6 ticket limit above) Buy a Salute to the Military ticket for your self (three days), and determine of it would be financially best to have an additional salute ticket or use the evening tickets for Thursday-Saturday. - or - You can buy DL tickets with military discount at your local MWR (or ITT).

Since you are staying at Paradise Pier, use the Magic Morning option each morning to get the most out of this time. You could stay till park closing, but you are going to be exhausted the next day. As such, I recommend the standard DIS touring plan: Magic Mornings, afternoon at hotel for nap/swim, evenings in park, get to bed at reasonable time to get up early for MM the next day.

On the days you are working, family can tour parks, shop in Anaheim, shop at DTD, relax at resort. With six days of tickets and seven days of available park time, have family relax one day you are working (Thurs may be best) and have them enjoy the resort and DTD til you are done, and use a set of evening work tickets to tour the parks.

To address the park opening issue, forgetaboutit. Magic Mornings will not have a ceremony, per se, but you'll be in the park with fewer people each day. It isn't a deal breaker, at all.

Good luck and have fun!

:rolleyes2
Okay .... I've never used military or convention ticket before BUT if the other poster said they ARE STAYING ON PROPERTY (PPH) for almost the entire week then they should get EXTRA MAGIC HOURS EVERY DAY of their stay REGARDLESS of when their ticket says they have use of
MAGIC MORNING time which ONLY really pertains to OFF PROPERTY guests I realize they MUST have A TICKET to even enter the parks but are we ALL getting confused on the abbreviations or what? :confused:

::yes::
EMH = Extra Magic Hour (ON PROPERTY GUESTS @ 1 PARK opened each day)

MM = Magic Morning (For NON PROPERTY GUESTS with 3 day hoppers at Disneyland Park ONLY)

EE = Early Entry (This one was during LAST year for Annual
Pass Holders who could enjoy the Extra Magic Hour without hotel stay ON certain scheduled days. THIS IS NO LONGER HAPPENING)

If this is different WITH military OR convention tickets please help me understand! :faint:
Just trying to receive correct info so I may pass along to help others as we all do on this board! :thumbsup2
Have a nice day!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter