Early Arrival Question

hyzdufan

DIS Veteran
We are due to check in on Sunday, April 1st - and I know check-in isn't until 3:00pm. I don't have a problem leaving our things in the car, but would our resort let us come in and park so we can hit the parks early?

Also, we have an ADR at Boma for Easter brunch - could we park there for our ADR at 11am, hit the park afterward, and come back to get our car later in the evening and then go check in at our resort? Or would that be a bad idea to leave the car there all day after our ADR?

Thanks!

Actually, you can check in anytime after the resort computer system rolls to the next day which is around 3 am. If your room is not ready, you can park at the resort and bell services will hold your luggage.

We are due to check in on Sunday, April 1st - and I know check-in isn't until 3:00pm. I don't have a problem leaving our things in the car, but would our resort let us come in and park so we can hit the parks early?

Also, we have an ADR at Boma for Easter brunch - could we park there for our ADR at 11am, hit the park afterward, and come back to get our car later in the evening and then go check in at our resort? Or would that be a bad idea to leave the car there all day after our ADR?

Thanks!

Yes, you can go to your resort early, check-in, leave your bags with Bell Services (if you'd rather not leave them in the car) and then use Disney transportation from there, if you'd like.

There is typically a time limit on leaving your car at a resort unless you are staying there. If I were you (if you would rather drive than take Disney transport), I would drive to AKL for brunch and then drive over to AK for the rest of the day.

Someone with more experience can chime in, but I'm just picturing large crowds on Easter Sunday/Spring Break at the parks. I'd be nervous about the traffic and parking situation if you were to drive yourself from AKL to AK after brunch. If it were me, I would just use WDW transportation. Or use Uber to get to AKL if you don't want to transfer buses.

Actually, you can check in anytime after the resort computer system rolls to the next day which is around 3 am. If your room is not ready, you can park at the resort and bell services will hold your luggage.
6 am actually. You are officially a resort guest as of 6 am

Folks often confuse the two at Disney
Check in is as of 6 am and the room ready is different. That may be any time between 6 am an about 3 or so

I have heard that some people put in a room request for an earlier check in than 3:00. Do you pay extra?

I have heard that some people put in a room request for an earlier check in than 3:00. Do you pay extra?

Sometimes you luck out and a room is ready early. We've checked in at 7 am before to have a room ready, and on the other hand, have checked in at 10 am to have no room ready, went off and enjoyed a park and received a text later that it is ready. Lately though we end up checking in around noon or so, since we take the auto train now, and a room is ready for us, the last 3 trips. We do not request early, and we don't pay extra.

Thanks!

In November we parked at BC before our room was ready, went to the front desk and told them we were there. Bell services took our luggage and we headed off to HS. When we arrived back at around 9:30pm we called bell services and they brought everything to us. Easy peasy.

As for Boma, there is technically a 3 hour grace period for you to park at a hotel for an ADR. Would you be willing to Lyft or Minnie Van there instead?

we always arrive early,usually between 5 am and 7am.My experience is that the cast member at the desk will do their best to accommodate you. They will check you in and get you a room at that time if they can but if you made specific room requests you may not get what was preassigned to you if you had waited for the room ready message.
Last year we arrived at POR at 6:30 am and our room wasn't ready.I went to the front desk and checked in and the cast member found us a room and upgraded us from a standard view to garden view. The only caveat was we had to wait for it to be cleaned, we finally got in it around 10 am.
The cast member was great! she spent a lot of time on the phone working to get us a room to our requests also.( I sent a email off to guest services praising her also)

I don't think it would be an issue to leave your car at AKL. They say three hours, but AKL isn't one where a lot of non-resort guests are trying to park. However, I'd probably opt to drive to AKL so I could just drive to your resort after and not have to throw in the extra step of catching a bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter