Eating and drinking around the world (Epcot)- your favorites

I don’t typically get things from each country in one visit, but going around the World:

Mexico—I like the jalapeño and blood orange margaritas. I am looking forward to trying the new margarita stand and want to try the Fiesta layered margarita again. The guacamole looks great too with pumpkin seeds on top and chicharrons as the dippers.

Norway—I love the schoolbread pastry and buy it at night for the next morning. Nothing says WDW vacation to me more than schoolbread and coffee for breakfast.

China—I’ve tried some fruity drinks there over the years, and they are always heavy on the alcohol. Which is usually a good thing. ;)

Germany—I like beer here and the apple strudel from Sommerfest. I’m also a fan of the Biergarten.

Italy—I used to enjoy a glass of Rosa Regale, but I don’t think they are serving it by the glass at the cart anymore.

America—Mickey pretzels and craft beer.

Japan—My kids always loved the kakigori.

Morocco—The almond liquor topped pina colada is a drink I really like. I’m crazy about the food at Tangerine. The swarma with lamb or chicken is so good.

France—My favorite country for both food and booze. The crepes with ice cream are a favorite snack. I love the bakery where I get frangipane pastry for the next morning’s breakfast. It doesn’t look all that, but it’s crazy delicious. Flaky pastry filled with almond paste. Yum.

My favorite drink in all of WDW is here—the Grand Marnier slushie. The lemon is good too, but I am partial to the orange. Grand Marnier is such a treat.

UK—Except for F&W, I haven’t eaten or drank anything from here recently. I recall getting a stout from the outdoor cart and enjoying it in the little patio there, but I think that was 2009.

Canada—Few beers beat a Unibroue on tap so I get one nearly every visit. I am looking forward to hitting the Refreshment Port next trip so I can enjoy the cheddar cheese soup.

Have fun! :)

We just did this 10 days ago. This was our fav. Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar. A Powerhouse Reds Flight, Charcuterie Board and Bruschetta. Delicious.

Also Loved the Blood Orange Margarita at La Cava. Show them you follow on Twitter for free Nachos and Salsa. Had Ouse Pilsner in Norway which was surprisingly good. Tsing Tao in China. Went to the Weinkeller in Germany for a few glasses of wine, can't remember what. Yuengling in the US. In Japan we had an awesome Spicy Miso Ramen and mediocre Kirin. In France we had Champagne and a Duo Chocolate Dessert from Les Halles. Went to Yorkshire Fish in England and had a Bass and an order of Fish and Chips. Ended with I think a Moosehead in Canada. I made up a Passport that got stamped at each Country. We also took an afternoon break to head to the pool at Beach Club and ended up having an IPA there. Bonus Country!

We also did a Crescent Lake Pub Crawl if you need info on that.

Attachments

• 20180222_180618a.jpg
    20180222_180618a.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180222_201926a.jpg
    20180222_201926a.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 13
I don’t typically get things from each country in one visit, but going around the World:

Mexico—I like the jalapeño and blood orange margaritas. I am looking forward to trying the new margarita stand and want to try the Fiesta layered margarita again. The guacamole looks great too with pumpkin seeds on top and chicharrons as the dippers.

Norway—I love the schoolbread pastry and buy it at night for the next morning. Nothing says WDW vacation to me more than schoolbread and coffee for breakfast.

China—I’ve tried some fruity drinks there over the years, and they are always heavy on the alcohol. Which is usually a good thing. ;)

Germany—I like beer here and the apple strudel from Sommerfest. I’m also a fan of the Biergarten.

Italy—I used to enjoy a glass of Rosa Regale, but I don’t think they are serving it by the glass at the cart anymore.

America—Mickey pretzels and craft beer.

Japan—My kids always loved the kakigori.

Morocco—The almond liquor topped pina colada is a drink I really like. I’m crazy about the food at Tangerine. The swarma with lamb or chicken is so good.

France—My favorite country for both food and booze. The crepes with ice cream are a favorite snack. I love the bakery where I get frangipane pastry for the next morning’s breakfast. It doesn’t look all that, but it’s crazy delicious. Flaky pastry filled with almond paste. Yum.

My favorite drink in all of WDW is here—the Grand Marnier slushie. The lemon is good too, but I am partial to the orange. Grand Marnier is such a treat.

UK—Except for F&W, I haven’t eaten or drank anything from here recently. I recall getting a stout from the outdoor cart and enjoying it in the little patio there, but I think that was 2009.

Canada—Few beers beat a Unibroue on tap so I get one nearly every visit. I am looking forward to hitting the Refreshment Port next trip so I can enjoy the cheddar cheese soup.

Have fun! :)

Seriously thank you for this post. So well thought out! I appreciate it. I’m loving all your ideas. School bread? Sounds intriguing. If I recall it looks like a roundish cupcake topped with coconut; I could be way off. Haha!

The slusie is a must do!

We just did this 10 days ago. This was our fav. Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar. A Powerhouse Reds Flight, Charcuterie Board and Bruschetta. Delicious.

Also Loved the Blood Orange Margarita at La Cava. Show them you follow on Twitter for free Nachos and Salsa. Had Ouse Pilsner in Norway which was surprisingly good. Tsing Tao in China. Went to the Weinkeller in Germany for a few glasses of wine, can't remember what. Yuengling in the US. In Japan we had an awesome Spicy Miso Ramen and mediocre Kirin. In France we had Champagne and a Duo Chocolate Dessert from Les Halles. Went to Yorkshire Fish in England and had a Bass and an order of Fish and Chips. Ended with I think a Moosehead in Canada. I made up a Passport that got stamped at each Country. We also took an afternoon break to head to the pool at Beach Club and ended up having an IPA there. Bonus Country!

We also did a Crescent Lake Pub Crawl if you need info on that.

We love Italian, probably my favorite, and a wine cellar is right up DH’s alley. Awesome!! Great photos.

Finding La Cava on Twitter, great tip!

Your list is just what we are looking to do.

Crescent Lake Pub Crawl, do tell!

You are both fantastic! That you @Cramden and @JerseyJanice you raise the bar on replies.

I’ve never snacked around the world (we might this October) but I think the caramel corn in Germany is worth mentioning.

Seriously thank you for this post. So well thought out! I appreciate it. I’m loving all your ideas. School bread? Sounds intriguing. If I recall it looks like a roundish cupcake topped with coconut; I could be way off. Haha!

The slusie is a must do!

We love Italian, probably my favorite, and a wine cellar is right up DH’s alley. Awesome!! Great photos.

Finding La Cava on Twitter, great tip!

Your list is just what we are looking to do.

Crescent Lake Pub Crawl, do tell!

You are both fantastic! That you @Cramden and @JerseyJanice you raise the bar on replies.

The Crescent Lake Pub Crawl was a lot of fun, especially since we were staying at the Beach Club. We mixed the drinks up quite a bit but surprisingly felt pretty good the next day.

We started out walking to Kimonos Lounge at the Swan. Walked right in and there were plenty of seats. I had the Lychee Mojito and My wife had the Kimonos Soda. We split a Dragon Roll and Tempura Udon Soup. Loved everything about this place.

Next we walked across the Lobby to Il Mulino Lounge. This place was hopping at this point. They had live music and a nice vibe. We both got a glass of the Bruciato Super Tuscan Wine and split a Margherita Pizza. The wine was fantastic and the Pizza good not great but still enjoyed it.

Next we walked over to the Dolphin to bluezoo. The Dancing Palm Trees that run between the Swan and Dolphin are worth seeing at night if nothing else. The Lounge has a great upscale feel to it but not in a stuffy way. We split a Moscow Mule just to slow things down a bit.

Next stop was the Abracadabar over at the Boardwalk. This was a really cool bar but was packed. We managed to get there just as another couple was leaving and got 2 seats. I ordered the Conjurita and Wife had the Parlor Trick. I LOVED the Conjurita but my Wife thought the Parlor Trick was too strong , very heavy on the Bourbon so we switched. I have a thing against Bourbon going back to drinking way too much Southern Comfort when I was 16. It was the first time I've had it in 34 years and I somehow managed to finish most of it even though I really didn't enjoy it. Got brownie points for that though :-)

Left Abracadar heading back to the Beach Club and got to the bridge just in time to see Illuminations. Snapped this pic while there. 20180223_210240aa.jpg

Next stop was to Ale and Compass at the Yacht Club. I loved how they did it over but we never got a drink. It was about half full but there was only 1 bartender and no waitstaff at the time. She was obviously overwhelmed and never made it to our table in the 15 minutes we were sitting there. Decided to get up and head to Crew's Cup Lounge instead. Crew's Cup reminded me a bit of the Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge. Lots of wood but very comfortable. We split the Deviled Eggs and a Caesar Salad. The Eggs were awesome! We both got an IPA, may have been an I-4 but things were a little foggy at this point.

Lastly back to the room. This was a rare few nights away without our daughter so I tried to make it special. I contacted Disney about having a Champagne Gift Basket delivered to the room when we were out but was told Florida Laws prohibit them from leaving Alcohol without someone signing for it. Now I've heard varying reports about this since so I'm not sure what the actual policy is. Regardless I decided to do something on my own so I packed a bottle of Champagne, Chocolates, 2 Champagne Flutes and an Ice Bucket in my luggage. Not sure how she never found them. I ran back to the room when we were down in the Lobby, telling her I was having "Stomach Issues". She checked out the Gift Shop while I set this up as a surprise. So we finished the night drinking this back in our room. 20180222_155649aa.jpg

It was a great "Adults" trip to Disney. Glad we did it but felt a bit guilty so heading back in 33 days with our daughter :-)

I'm gluten free so I don't try too many snacks in Epcot unless it's during F&W or F&G, but I have tried some drinks. I always get a Grand Marnier Orange slush in France (ok maybe 2!) and I do like the Tipsy Ducks in Love from China. I'm not a big tequila fan but tried the Maelstrom margarita from La Cava and it was very good.

I don't drink much... but the margaritas in La Cava are fantastic. I order the Midnight Blue, and get chips. So that's my one drink in the whole of WS. As to food:

Mexico: The loaded nachos are lovely esp. to split with a group

Norway: The bakery is being refurbed right now, but when serving everything we like many treats from here. My mom loves the rice cream, and we all go for the ham and apple sandwich (toasted of course, just ask), and bottles of Voss water. I like their sweets, as they don't tend to be sickly sweet, so I get the school bread occasionally and the troll horn.

China: Not really our thing, as we do have access to Americanized Chinese food here at home. The stand out front is a good place just to grab an egg roll if you are craving one.

Germany: I can get anything from Karamell Kuche and love it, it's dangerous territory lol If you love caramel corn do grab a bag from here. Sometimes there are samples setting out if you want to taste it first (Yes! free samples at Disney!). I get various cookies there are well. If you like mild mac & cheese, you can find a nice little serving of nudel gratin at the QS.

Italy: We to the TS here, Via Napoli, almost every trip for the margherita pizza.

America: if you want standard fare and a place to sit inside, head on in to Liberty Inn. We wind up there at night when we want to sit and the younglings want "normal" food, I don't have a specific recommend, and I wouldn't call anything stellar here. lol

Japan: Can't really go wrong here, the QS and the TS are all good, and the kaki gori is very refreshing. I tend to find the food here in Japan very "clean," meaning it always seems to sit well with me, and you can find healthy options. I will also mention the snacks in the store, it is a favorite to browse and people (esp. kids) love picking out things we don't see here in the States.

Morocco: Love me some Tangierine Cafe, another great place for lighter food that is really tasty. Love it. I go for the chicken schwarma, but would also do the veg platter as well.

France: Can't hardly go wrong here either. I don't care for the crepes, but everything else has been good. I esp recommend the raspberry macaron in the bakery if you like tart and sweet desserts.

UK: Fish and Chips all the way (if you want a really really refreshing lighter drink here, go in the pub and order a Shandy)

Canada: We don't do much snacking or eating in Canada, however, I've read they are now serving small serves of the cheese soup at the The Refreshment Port, and I definitely go for that.

The grapefruit beer in Germany is delicious and very refreshing; and if you go to Biergarten they'll even give you your leftover beer in a to-go cup to take with you :)

I do too! I hope you like it! We might be going to food and wine for the first time so we are excited to try new things too.

Fun! We went to F&W once and loved it. Its F&W in DCA right now; its good but WDW but not as good in my opinion.

@rentayenta Schoolbread is a spice-laced bread filled with custard and topped with coconut. The texture and flavor are like a yeast bread, not cake.

That sounds delicious with a cup of coffee....

The Crescent Lake Pub Crawl was a lot of fun, especially since we were staying at the Beach Club. We mixed the drinks up quite a bit but surprisingly felt pretty good the next day.

We started out walking to Kimonos Lounge at the Swan. Walked right in and there were plenty of seats. I had the Lychee Mojito and My wife had the Kimonos Soda. We split a Dragon Roll and Tempura Udon Soup. Loved everything about this place.

Next we walked across the Lobby to Il Mulino Lounge. This place was hopping at this point. They had live music and a nice vibe. We both got a glass of the Bruciato Super Tuscan Wine and split a Margherita Pizza. The wine was fantastic and the Pizza good not great but still enjoyed it.

Next we walked over to the Dolphin to bluezoo. The Dancing Palm Trees that run between the Swan and Dolphin are worth seeing at night if nothing else. The Lounge has a great upscale feel to it but not in a stuffy way. We split a Moscow Mule just to slow things down a bit.

Next stop was the Abracadabar over at the Boardwalk. This was a really cool bar but was packed. We managed to get there just as another couple was leaving and got 2 seats. I ordered the Conjurita and Wife had the Parlor Trick. I LOVED the Conjurita but my Wife thought the Parlor Trick was too strong , very heavy on the Bourbon so we switched. I have a thing against Bourbon going back to drinking way too much Southern Comfort when I was 16. It was the first time I've had it in 34 years and I somehow managed to finish most of it even though I really didn't enjoy it. Got brownie points for that though :-)

Left Abracadar heading back to the Beach Club and got to the bridge just in time to see Illuminations. Snapped this pic while there. View attachment 308633

Next stop was to Ale and Compass at the Yacht Club. I loved how they did it over but we never got a drink. It was about half full but there was only 1 bartender and no waitstaff at the time. She was obviously overwhelmed and never made it to our table in the 15 minutes we were sitting there. Decided to get up and head to Crew's Cup Lounge instead. Crew's Cup reminded me a bit of the Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge. Lots of wood but very comfortable. We split the Deviled Eggs and a Caesar Salad. The Eggs were awesome! We both got an IPA, may have been an I-4 but things were a little foggy at this point.

Lastly back to the room. This was a rare few nights away without our daughter so I tried to make it special. I contacted Disney about having a Champagne Gift Basket delivered to the room when we were out but was told Florida Laws prohibit them from leaving Alcohol without someone signing for it. Now I've heard varying reports about this since so I'm not sure what the actual policy is. Regardless I decided to do something on my own so I packed a bottle of Champagne, Chocolates, 2 Champagne Flutes and an Ice Bucket in my luggage. Not sure how she never found them. I ran back to the room when we were down in the Lobby, telling her I was having "Stomach Issues". She checked out the Gift Shop while I set this up as a surprise. So we finished the night drinking this back in our room. View attachment 308636

It was a great "Adults" trip to Disney. Glad we did it but felt a bit guilty so heading back in 33 days with our daughter :-)

What a fun experience!!! I love that you brought the champagne and surprised her, so sweet. Great photos too.

I would love to do something like this, we are at AKV. I guess we could pub crawl and Lyft back.....
This thread might actually get DH to read the DIS. :lmao: I was telling him about these posts.

I feel about Gin how you feel about Southern Comfort. 16 as well and lets say the Crystal Light we mixed it with made a pretty pink mess all over. LOL.

Dancing Palm trees? Glad we will get to see them.

Have fun with your daughter!

I'm gluten free so I don't try too many snacks in Epcot unless it's during F&W or F&G, but I have tried some drinks. I always get a Grand Marnier Orange slush in France (ok maybe 2!) and I do like the Tipsy Ducks in Love from China. I'm not a big tequila fan but tried the Maelstrom margarita from La Cava and it was very good.

That slushy is a winner! I don't love tequila either and if I drink it, thats what I stick with all night.

I don't drink much... but the margaritas in La Cava are fantastic. I order the Midnight Blue, and get chips. So that's my one drink in the whole of WS. As to food:

Mexico: The loaded nachos are lovely esp. to split with a group

Norway: The bakery is being refurbed right now, but when serving everything we like many treats from here. My mom loves the rice cream, and we all go for the ham and apple sandwich (toasted of course, just ask), and bottles of Voss water. I like their sweets, as they don't tend to be sickly sweet, so I get the school bread occasionally and the troll horn.

China: Not really our thing, as we do have access to Americanized Chinese food here at home. The stand out front is a good place just to grab an egg roll if you are craving one.

Germany: I can get anything from Karamell Kuche and love it, it's dangerous territory lol If you love caramel corn do grab a bag from here. Sometimes there are samples setting out if you want to taste it first (Yes! free samples at Disney!). I get various cookies there are well. If you like mild mac & cheese, you can find a nice little serving of nudel gratin at the QS.

Italy: We to the TS here, Via Napoli, almost every trip for the margherita pizza.

America: if you want standard fare and a place to sit inside, head on in to Liberty Inn. We wind up there at night when we want to sit and the younglings want "normal" food, I don't have a specific recommend, and I wouldn't call anything stellar here. lol

Japan: Can't really go wrong here, the QS and the TS are all good, and the kaki gori is very refreshing. I tend to find the food here in Japan very "clean," meaning it always seems to sit well with me, and you can find healthy options. I will also mention the snacks in the store, it is a favorite to browse and people (esp. kids) love picking out things we don't see here in the States.

Morocco: Love me some Tangierine Cafe, another great place for lighter food that is really tasty. Love it. I go for the chicken schwarma, but would also do the veg platter as well.

France: Can't hardly go wrong here either. I don't care for the crepes, but everything else has been good. I esp recommend the raspberry macaron in the bakery if you like tart and sweet desserts.

UK: Fish and Chips all the way (if you want a really really refreshing lighter drink here, go in the pub and order a Shandy)

Canada: We don't do much snacking or eating in Canada, however, I've read they are now serving small serves of the cheese soup at the The Refreshment Port, and I definitely go for that.

I have read about the cheese soup in Canada. If they are serving a small size, we'll try it. Chinese food is my least favorite of the Epcot choices. I don't love it. There's one restaurant here in Long Beach thats incredible though but I have to be in the mood for it.

We loved the food in Morocco both the TS and CS; is there a 3rd restaurant now?

I do love a good shandy. I am guessing August will be very warm and muggy; perfect drink for that kind of weather.

Thank you for giving me your favorites!

The grapefruit beer in Germany is delicious and very refreshing; and if you go to Biergarten they'll even give you your leftover beer in a to-go cup to take with you :)

That sounds good. Leftover beer? What is that you speak of..... ;)

I really enjoyed my Bangers and Mash with a Boddingtons Ale at Rose And Crown. However just be aware that Boddingtons is a real pub ale. If you don't know what that is, well you can find out. For dessert we walked next door to the Les Halles bakery in France. The chocolate croissant was just like I remembered from Paris.

My go to wine is always a Montepulciano d' Abruzzo which is available at the wine cellar in Italy. Plus it's really fun to say "Montepulciano d' Abruzzo". Practice your best fake Italian accent.

I really enjoyed my Bangers and Mash with a Boddingtons Ale at Rose And Crown. However just be aware that Boddingtons is a real pub ale. If you don't know what that is, well you can find out. For dessert we walked next door to the Les Halles bakery in France. The chocolate croissant was just like I remembered from Paris.

My go to wine is always a Montepulciano d' Abruzzo which is available at the wine cellar in Italy. Plus it's really fun to say "Montepulciano d' Abruzzo". Practice your best fake Italian accent.

Yum! DH knows what real ale is, he'd be in heaven. Thank you for the ideas!

Yum! DH knows what real ale is, he'd be in heaven. Thank you for the ideas!

That's good. Too many Americans who don't know what they are talking about complain about British beer being warm and flat. Actually I thought the Boddingtons was a bit colder than it should have been (maybe they are caving to American tastes). I had to let it warm up a bit to get it just right.

I keep hearing about the school bread. I am going to type that three more times, so I remember to try it next time I go. School bread. School bread. School bread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter