Eating at Liberty Tree Tavern

I recall the turkey being the "processed" variety, it didn't seem like a real, carved turkey, but it's been a few years and I'm prepared to try it again this summer if my family will oblige.

I hear this a lot but I’m not sure what is meant by “processed”.

It is definitely sliced turkey breast but I can understand why it might not be someone’s favorite. I think many of us get an idea of the perfect turkey from our own families and someone else’s will never be quite right.

I totally agree! I also prefer their lunch as opposed to dinner, since I expect better quality than Stouffer's mac & cheese and Stovetop stuffing.
FWIW on our Christmas visit just a few weeks ago the menu said homemade mac and cheese and it is. It was so good. Not mushy fake Stouffers at all.

I hear this a lot but I’m not sure what is meant by “processed”.

It is definitely sliced turkey breast but I can understand why it might not be someone’s favorite. I think many of us get an idea of the perfect turkey from our own families and someone else’s will never be quite right.
Processed - means they take a bunch of pieces-parts and smash it into a loaf. Kind of like Arby's Roast Beef or Bonded Leather. There's no way that turkey comes directly from someone carving an actual turkey. I suspect there are additives and such, the texture is different than a real turkey.

Always been a favorite for me; classic Disney with decent to pretty good food, nostalgic atmosphere and right in the heart of MK. My husband doesn't care for it though so we haven't been in a few years. I always recommend people try places for themselves because what one person dislikes, is another person's favorite at Disney!

Processed - means they take a bunch of pieces-parts and smash it into a loaf. Kind of like Arby's Roast Beef or Bonded Leather. There's no way that turkey comes directly from someone carving an actual turkey. I suspect there are additives and such, the texture is different than a real turkey.

Maybe they changed it at some point but I’m sure it’s been regular sliced turkey. Here’s an image from dfb and it looks real.

I’m not trying to be argumentative but I’ve heard many people say it was processed and many others who don’t. Just wondering why perceptions are so different 0C60BCE0-5BAE-4B6B-8D6F-66C8D4036E06.jpeg

Run, Run away and Simba and never return.
Honestly there isnt a sit down in MK we will eat at other than Skipper.
The sit down food in the park is below average. Not as bad as Studios because at least there is Columbia Harbor House and Skipper, but, there are much better options on the Monorail resort line.

Maybe they changed it at some point but I’m sure it’s been regular sliced turkey. Here’s an image from dfb and it looks real.

I’m not trying to be argumentative but I’ve heard many people say it was processed and many others who don’t. Just wondering why perceptions are so different View attachment 467219
Agreed - that looks "real", much better than what I ate last time (6+ years ago), maybe they did change it... Thanks for posting, maybe we'll give it another try this summer (but I'm blaming you if it's "processed"!)

PRO: It's a good Thanksgiving dinner. CON: It's a good Thanksgiving dinner.

While I liked the food, I wanted to go to sleep afterwards, which isn't how you want to feel while in a theme park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter