• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EBAY Disney vero beach #150069427709 Status Update 4/9 - We got the contract

mattnday

Mouseketeer
OK, now for those who let the last thread get so off topic please behave yourselves. I am going to open a new thread so that the soap opera masses will be pleased.

Today's update: It turns out our good friend the real estate broker forgot to mention that he didn't turn in the ROFR paperwork when he first got it. It actually got received by DVC on January 11 and is still pending. I did verify this today with Disney after I got his email.............................

I guess we all get to wait another 2 weeks to see how this turns out.

Hey, thanks for the update! Makes you wonder if he filed everything else correctly too, doesn't it?

OK, now for those who let the last thread get so off topic please behave yourselves. I am going to open a new thread so that the soap opera masses will be pleased.

Today's update: It turns out our good friend the real estate broker forgot to mention that he didn't turn in the ROFR paperwork when he first got it. It actually got received by DVC on January 11 and is still pending. I did verify this today with Disney after I got his email.............................

I guess we all get to wait another 2 weeks to see how this turns out.

I think the good friend could use a little FIRE under him :stir: After everything is completed of course.

Matt-Thanks for the update. I also apologize for my off-topic "tractor thread".

Have a great day,
Tom :surfweb:

popcorn::

Still munching on the popcorn and waiting to hear how you make out with this one! Good luck pixiedust:

It appears that this purchase is dead. ROFR should have expired on the 11th and the seller is not responding to any of my emails at this point.

SO, No harm no foul. I would have liked to have had it but at this point all I am out is a few emails.

Thanks to all for their interest.

It appears that this purchase is dead. ROFR should have expired on the 11th and the seller is not responding to any of my emails at this point.

SO, No harm no foul. I would have liked to have had it but at this point all I am out is a few emails.

Well, we all love a happy ending, but it was still a good suspense story. Thanks for keeping everyone updated. :thumbsup2

I'm sorry you lost out on this contract. I'm also dismayed that the seller has stopped responding to your email. After everything you did to educate the seller about the process, the least they can do is let you know what happened!

I thought if a contact was submitted for ROFR and Disney takes no action on it within 30 business days, that means it passes ROFR.
Is this not correct, and in this case, the buyer has gotten the contract?

CDN Prince Charming
(Belle1627's DH)

Sorry to hear the correspondence has stopped. Doesn't sound too positive for your resale. Do you have enough detailed information to call DVC to check yourself?

Hopefully you're going to leave appropriate feedback for this seller on eBay?

It is hard to say if it failed ROFR or if the ROFR was ever submitted correctly.

At this point it doesn't really matter as with no communication and almost a 6 week wait since I signed the contract for ROFR my wife and I figure we are just done unless we hear something positive in the next day or so.

I thought if a contact was submitted for ROFR and Disney takes no action on it within 30 business days, that means it passes ROFR.
Is this not correct, and in this case, the buyer has gotten the contract?

CDN Prince Charming
(Belle1627's DH)
Technically this is correct. But in this case that's likely not what has happened. If it's not submitted correctly, DVC will notify the seller. If it's taken under ROFR, DVC will notify the seller of record. So it's like DVC has acted but there is another problem in notification. Since this was essentially a 3 way deal, it's entirely possible that the original seller was notified in some way. It's also possible the contract was not in good standing and DVC won't do anything until it is other than let someone know that.

But the idea that you have to submit it but can close if they don't respond is technically correct but has some risk. Actually what the rules say is you have to give them 30 days before closing. Technically if you set closing for 2 months from now, they could come back in 6 weeks and take it as I read the rules.

In answer to your questions

1)Yes, we could call DVC and find out what is going on. However, at this point we feel we are better off just letting it go. As many have said it was a great deal but not one that was earth shattering. The reallity is there is a problem or two and at this point we feel we have waited long enough and are just ready to move on.

2)As for EBAY. The only recourse throughvEBAY is negative feedback and i would prefer not to do that as it will surely be reciprocated even though we did nothing wrong.

3)The most disappointing thing is the seller has great feedback and started off with great communication. It is real sad that he has chose to not relay what ever information that he has at this point.

Anyway, Thanks for following the saga.

In my mind I knew this seller didn't understand DVC. However, we have traded 20 emails about the process and I was left with the fact that ROFR was submitted to DVC on January 11. This date was 2 weeks after I submitted the contract to the seller. This is another story altogether. All along I was told the contract was submitted to DVC and they had our transaction for ROFR.

Here is where it down right gets laughable. After the supposed ROFR should have been complete I contacted the seller for an update. It has been over 2 weeks since he has responded to anything and 1 week since ROFR should have ended. These are the communications that I got today.

Both are in response to an email dated 2/11 from me that asked the following:

What has happened with this transaction? ROFR should have already expired. Please advise?

I received 2 responses today both with a date and time stamp of 1 minute apart from each as to when they were sent

My dasughter has been calling Denise I think and trying to get when! and the donor has furnished them with all the contract copies and also been calling but I don't have a solid answer.

and

I was expecting to have to file a waiver of ROFR with the Indian River courthouse. Is that the way you expect it to go?

Now I think is when we throw in the towel. I am in absolute shock.

In my mind I knew this seller didn't understand DVC. However, we have traded 20 emails about the process and I was left with the fact that ROFR was submitted to DVC on January 11. This date was 2 weeks after I submitted the contract to the seller. This is another story altogether. All along I was told the contract was submitted to DVC and they had our transaction for ROFR.

Here is where it down right gets laughable. After the supposed ROFR should have been complete I contacted the seller for an update. It has been over 2 weeks since he has responded to anything and 1 week since ROFR should have ended. These are the communications that I got today.

What has happened with this transaction? ROFR should have already expired. Please advise?

I received 2 responses today both with a date and time stamp of 1 minute apart from each as to when they were sent

My dasughter has been calling Denise I think and trying to get when! and the donor has furnished them with all the contract copies and also been calling but I don't have a solid answer.

and

I was expecting to have to file a waiver of ROFR with the Indian River courthouse. Is that the way you expect it to go?

Contact DVC member admin to see if it's even been submitted and where it stands. My guess is DVC took it ROFR and notified the "donor" and it's possible the "donor" took the money and ran or is in the process of doing so.

This "seller's" lack of knowledge of this is almost laughable. Sounds to me like they haven't even sent it in to ROFR yet. Those were such strange email responses!:scared1:

and

:eek: :eek: :eek: DANGER! WILL ROBINSON, DANGER! :eek: :eek: :eek:

The english used in the above emails reminds me of a Nigerian email scam. If the deal is too good to be true, it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter