• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EBAY Disney vero beach #150069427709 Status Update 4/9 - We got the contract

In answer to your questions

1)Yes, we could call DVC and find out what is going on. However, at this point we feel we are better off just letting it go. As many have said it was a great deal but not one that was earth shattering. The reallity is there is a problem or two and at this point we feel we have waited long enough and are just ready to move on.

2)As for EBAY. The only recourse throughvEBAY is negative feedback and i would prefer not to do that as it will surely be reciprocated even though we did nothing wrong.

3)The most disappointing thing is the seller has great feedback and started off with great communication. It is real sad that he has chose to not relay what ever information that he has at this point.

Anyway, Thanks for following the saga.

The problem is that with Ebay you run out of time to leave feedback. I ran into this. Once thirty days passes, if you have not already filed with Ebay, you seem to lose all rights with the transaction. In my case, the seller also took his feedback private after things started going south. Fortunately I only lost about 50 bucks and have probably more than 300 Ebay transactions with only this one that didn't work out. Great attitude mattnday, but sorry this happened to you.

Thanks for the update, albeit a strange one at that.

Maybe (for the sake of humanity) you could file a complaint with the real estate brokers board in this guy's home state.

Sorry about the contract....

Usually when somebody 'bites' on something that's really too good to be true, they get bitten back.

I'm glad Mattnday appears to have survived the encounter scot free, and entertained and educated the rest of us.

Thanks for the update. It was clear from the moment this was listed on eBay that the seller knew less than nothing about how DVC works. I give you credit for having the patience to explain it all to him...he still didn't get it...but at least you tried. I'm with you on this one...there is enough wrong here not to fight for it.

Hope you get a contract that works for you soon...

A Few more minor updates:

1) We are already owners so no worries about HAVING to get a contract

2)Timesharing is my hobby and I do really well renting out and using other units so this transaction is not a big deal if it falls through. Honestly, due to the price we expected it to fall through all along. Thus, the time following up on this transaction isn't really a big deal.

3)In a situation like this we wouldn't exchange a penny of money without a solid closing company to INSURE our purchase

4)The Seller's real estate agent called me out of the blue on Friday and explained everything in complete detail. They did submit our contract on January 11. A couple of weeks later Disney called to explain to them that they were not the registered owners. The contract was still in the name of the previous owner. No matter what they did with the deed the membership was not transferred in their eyes. At this point they had to put together the paperwork showing the DONATION of the membership to the Christopher Charity. I was not given an exact date that the additional paperwork that Disney requested was submiteed but was assured that it was recently sent.

5)In the seller's own unique way he still feels strongly that DVC will waive the ROFR and insists that is what they have told him. I think he still totally doesn't understand what they have said to him but who knows.

Anyway, I guess the saga continues..........................................

In answer to your questions

2)As for EBAY. The only recourse throughvEBAY is negative feedback and i would prefer not to do that as it will surely be reciprocated even though we did nothing wrong.

You HAVE done this before!;) I wish I had known this bit of wisdom when I was new to eBay. I was scammed on eBay for a timeshare, and on top of taking my money and running, they left me negative feedback!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :sad1:

It's official, No we didn't get the week and no Disney still has not exercised ROFR on my week. Instead it became official on March 7th that the Christopher Foundation finally became owners of the vero week that they auctioned off almost 3 months ago. We have now officialy began the ROFR process and are hoping that the agent is correct in the fact that he was told by DVD that they would waive their rights to this week.

All is fun in DVC, EBAY and ROFR

WOW! This one has at least been entertaining. We should give a prize for "longest ever resale closing" if you finally get this thing.

Have you contacted ebay to see what they have to say about this???? I sell on ebay, and I would think this would be a BIG issue for them if this agent does this often. I would hope you will eventually leave negetive feedback!

Have you contacted ebay to see what they have to say about this???? I sell on ebay, and I would think this would be a BIG issue for them if this agent does this often. I would hope you will eventually leave negetive feedback!

I dunno, Diane, I don't think ebay cares about anything more than getting their cut. :confused3

Still, I'm amazed by the OP's tenacity! I'm amazed that it's still chugging along! I'm so emotionally invested in the outcome popcorn:: .

I dunno, Diane, I don't think ebay cares about anything more than getting their cut. :confused3

Still, I'm amazed by the OP's tenacity! I'm amazed that it's still chugging along! I'm so emotionally invested in the outcome popcorn:: .

I agree that they only want their cut, but negetive feedback for the seller is certainly in order here. They certainly haven't lived up to the rules.

Can anyone believe that we passed ROFR yesterday on this contract. It has been an amazing saga but it appears for a grand total of $13250 ($55 per point) we will be the new owners of 240 Vero Beach Points.

To say we are doing a happy dance is an understatement at this point.

Yippeeeeeeeee:banana:

Unbelievable! I can't believe that after all of this it actually went through!!! GOOD FOR YOU! CONGRATS!

Congratulations!! That's fantastic - seems in the long run it was well worth the wait!! :woohoo:

Way to hang in there!!! After all you went through on this one, you deserve the contract for the price.

Congrats and WELCOME HOME...again (saw in another thread you owned at SSR)! party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter