eBay question

gopack

DIS Veteran
I rarely order anything on eBay but I wanted to surprise my DD with the Gondola Dooney&Bourke purse. I purchased from a seller on 5/17 and received a tracking number on 5/19. The tracking said on 5/19 shipper created label, UPS has not received the package. There have been no updates since then.
I contacted the seller and she said she “left the package outside her door to be picked up by shipper”. She then said she is filing a claim. I find it hard to believe that responsible ebayers leave their packages outside to have the shipper pick up. Is that normal? I would think the safe way to ship is to take it to the shipper?!
Anyway, I would like a refund. What is the best way to do this? Contact eBay directly? Call my credit card company? Request through the seller?
Thanks for any help!!

Forgot to add, the seller is two hours from the package destination, Orlando to Jacksonville.

I rarely order anything on eBay but I wanted to surprise my DD with the Gondola Dooney&Bourke purse. I purchased from a seller on 5/17 and received a tracking number on 5/19. The tracking said on 5/19 shipper created label, UPS has not received the package. There have been no updates since then.
I contacted the seller and she said she “left the package outside her door to be picked up by shipper”. She then said she is filing a claim. I find it hard to believe that responsible ebayers leave their packages outside to have the shipper pick up. Is that normal? I would think the safe way to ship is to take it to the shipper?!
Anyway, I would like a refund. What is the best way to do this? Contact eBay directly? Call my credit card company? Request through the seller?
Thanks for any help!!
I have eBay packages set out for my mail carrier as I type, but I live in a rural community and know my neighbors. It is definitely a risk to the seller to do that. I would open a case with eBay. I believe you can do that under purchase history and the item you bought . The burden of showing that she shipped the item with tracking and that it is moving along will be on her. eBay will tell her to refund you or will refund you themselves if it takes too long for the package to actually move.

Also if you get to the point where she refunds you and then the package shows up - do not open, refuse the package and return to the post office. Seller has already lost out on shipping one way, by doing this she won't have to pay return shipping as well. Unfortunately USPS was gutted and it is the small sellers/shippers that are really hurting and taking the losses.

That said I take all packages to the post office and get receipt. Unfortunately unless the package finally shows in tracking by USPS to prove they received, she isn't covered by the insurance if it is lost since she has no receipt.

1. Request a refund directly from the seller.
2. If the seller balks at providing a refund (they should not challenge you in any way over this) or a promised refund doesn't materialize in about 2 weeks, complain to eBay & request the refund from them.
3. If eBay doesn't refund your money within two weeks from your request, do a chargeback via your credit card. This has to be done within a couple of months of purchase, which is why you don't wait forever for #1 & #2 to be taken care of. Two weeks maximum is enough time for either the seller or eBay to refund the money back to your credit card. This is not the time to be overly patient. If you're firm and stay on top of the timeline, you should definitely get your money back via either method 1, 2 or 3.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter