Elephant in the room

AirDisney

Disney Geek
I’ve been a long time listener/watcher, going back to early 2012. Like many of us, it felt like I was friends with everyone of the Dis team and could have just stepped right in having a beer or meal with any one of them. I’m sure it was weird for them having tens of thousands of people who felt that way, yet they hardly knew any of us. But obviously, like with any “celebrity”, we don‘t really know any of the team. The hour or so each week that we get to see the folks is but a speck. This has been made painfully apparent in the past number of weeks. But like a number of people, my coping mechanism is through humor, which brings me to the enormous elephant in the room. With all the lies and deceit that have been brought forth, I can’t help but wonder….is Tony’s Town Square Restaurant really all that bad? 🤔

I’ve been a long time listener/watcher, going back to early 2012. Like many of us, it felt like I was friends with everyone of the Dis team and could have just stepped right in having a beer or meal with any one of them. I’m sure it was weird for them having tens of thousands of people who felt that way, yet they hardly knew any of us. But obviously, like with any “celebrity”, we don‘t really know any of the team. The hour or so each week that we get to see the folks is but a speck. This has been made painfully apparent in the past number of weeks. But like a number of people, my coping mechanism is through humor, which brings me to the enormous elephant in the room. With all the lies and deceit that have been brought forth, I can’t help but wonder….is Tony’s Town Square Restaurant really all that bad? 🤔
I can’t comment on Tony’s, but I have had two good dinners at Maria and Enzo’s, so there is that . . .

The big shocker! Mama Melrose ain’t bad.

Tru dat! I think Panda and Erika liked it too. Is it Michelin star? No, but it's good, or at least OK.

EDIT: We actually ate at Tony's in 2020. It wasn't bad. Our son liked his pizza just fine. The soup and salad I had were pretty good; I would go back to get it. My husband's chicken parmigiana was just OK; he wouldn't order it again.

We ate at Tony's twice. The second time my husband left saying that was awful. I said to him that I was shocked he wanted to go back for a second meal. He said he forgot he didn't like it the first time. The sauce is more paste or was that way. It has been many years. The shame is that MK could use more sit down places.

Mama Melrose was Closed last week… I really liked eating there .
Well that’s weird I just checked for times for next week and it is showing availability .

Last edited:

What cracks me up about PW is that he apparently loves Olive garden but hated all the Italian places at Disney.

I've said it before but I feel like almost all of the food at WDW hovers between a 5-7 on a 10 point scale. The "bad" food is average theme park food and the "good" food is slightly above Applebee's (at 4x the price).
I would say everything I have eaten at Disney is better than Applebees, but I have gotten food poisoning twice there. Never got food poisoning at Disney🤣

EDIT: Forgot to add that I have only eaten at Applebees twice. Not good odds.

Hidden gem for us! Funniest thing, even though an Italian themed restaurant, I had one of the best steaks I've ever had on WDW property there a few times!
We’ve enjoyed MM steaks many times - but the last couple of meals, not so much…I think they’ve changed to a cheaper cut of beef…cheaper for them that is…not us…😁

I always thought that his Maria and Enzo’s review was suspect, like he was retaliating for some slight he received. Though I really don’t trust the reviews of someone who almost always orders filet (and well done at that!) and won’t eat any seafood.

For Theme Park food it’s not too bad. The last time we went to Magic Kingdom was pre-Covid. We sat outside Tony’s and had lunch, watched the parade, and people watched! It was a fun afternoon!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter