Elephant in the room

I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to Italian food. I actually miss the fazoli's drive-thru

Last edited:

Can people here please stop putting an apostrophe in Citricos? :laughing:
OK. But...the plural of "citrico" should be "citrici". So can Disney stop putting an "s" at the end of Citrico? The erroneous "s" makes it look like it is supposed to be possessive. :rotfl: :teacher:

OK. But...the plural of "citrico" should be "citrici". So can Disney stop putting an "s" at the end of Citrico? The erroneous "s" makes it look like it is supposed to be possessive. :rotfl: :teacher:
Actually, cítricos is a Spanish word for citrus (collectively). And if we really want to be technical, there's an accent on the first i, which is rarely used in marketing materials or reviews. To Disney's credit, it is correct on the restaurant webpage.

I don't know what Pete's well-done filet has to do with Spanish food, but here we are.

Last edited:
Actually, cítricos is a Spanish word for citrus (collectively). And if we really want to be technical, there's an accent on the first i, which is rarely used in marketing materials or reviews. To Disney's credit, it is correct on the restaurant webpage.

I don't know what Pete's well-done filet has to do with Spanish food, but here we are.
In Spanish it has the accent. It is also an Italian word without an accent, whose plural in Italian is cirtici and it refers to the acid in a lemon.
Citrus (as in a citrus fruit) = Agrumi (also Citro)
Citric (as in the acid) = Citrico

As you noted, the accent has largely disappeared, but the WDW website shows it. But it also says that the restaurant features "Florida Cuisine" which is neither Spanish nor Italian. So it really should be called either "Citrus" or "Citric". And how Mary Poppins became associated with the place is beyone me! 🤔

In Spanish it has the accent. It is also an Italian word without an accent, whose plural in Italian is cirtici and it refers to the acid in a lemon.
Citrus (as in a citrus fruit) = Agrumi (also Citro)
Citric (as in the acid) = Citrico

As you noted, the accent has largely disappeared, but the WDW website shows it. But it also says that the restaurant features "Florida Cuisine" which is neither Spanish nor Italian. So it really should be called either "Citrus" or "Citric". And how Mary Poppins became associated with the place is beyone me! 🤔
This is WAY over the heads of people who add apostrophes to plural words willy-nilly.

I have never eaten at Tony's but always wondered how the reviews could be so bad on for a restaurant at the front entrance of possibly the busiest theme park in the world. Seems to me it would draw an awful lot of attention by management so they would want it to be top notch.

I have never eaten at Tony's but always wondered how the reviews could be so bad on for a restaurant at the front entrance of possibly the busiest theme park in the world. Seems to me it would draw an awful lot of attention by management so they would want it to be top notch.
It would be so simple to deliver a good Italian food experience; look at Via Napoli's simple, superb fare. Julia Child often remarked that Italian cooking doesn't require much technique at all, as it all depends on good ingredients prepared simply, unlike the technique and time required in French cooking. Maybe that's why the antipasto platter is the only thing at Tony's that's semi-palatable and -authentic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter