entennmans bakery stuff

muffyn

"hmmm*
WE used to buy the cheese danish for about $2.50.

the other day it was $7.99:scared1:

seriously????

anyone else see this?& would you ever buy it?

No way would I buy that for $8! I don't know that I would buy it for $4!

I used to work at a nursing home, and they would donate baked goods from their outlet to the home. Sometimes they'd get more than could be used, so we got to take it home with us. :) My family loved that perk! My waistline did not!

:scared1: Uh, no, I would not buy it at that price. It used to be $4.59 around here and even then, I did not buy it. I will buy the raspberry danish once or twice a year if it's on sale but I'm the only one who eats it. I can't justify an $8 danish!

I only buy it when it is 50% off or there is a sale of all of their products for $2.50. The cakes are up to $5.99 near me regular price. I refuse to spend that much especially on a prepackaged cake when I can get a similar cake the same size from $2 from the bakery in the supermarket when they have it close dated and a 50% off sticker on it.

This is so funny you mentioned this....

When we go to WDW, we stay in a timeshare with my parents and buy a lot of breakfast food. I always get the cheese danish when on vacation, it is just my little vacation treat. When we were there in Feb I stood in Publix like "no way am I spending 6.99 on a Cheese Danish!"

Two weeks ago we used the timeshare in Vermont and just before we left I saw the local grocery store had them BOGO free. I finally got to treat myself (and dd and dh) to our vacation Danish! :)

I make a really good crumb cake that everyone loves. We were having people over recently and I didn't have time to make one so my DH was at the grocery store. He grabbed the Entemenn's one and it rang up $5.99. He put it back...he thinks $ grows on trees but even that was enough for him to think it was insanely overpriced!!!

My DS likes the chocolate chips Lite Bites, I try and get them when they are a BOGO or on sale. They are $4.69 reg price which I think is nuts.

I was looking at the crumb cake in the store yesterday and it was $6.79, that is crazy I would never spend that on a package crumb cake.

Yeah I noticed that too. When we go to Disney I usually buy these crullers to take along for breakfast for a few days , there are 6 in a package and I used to cost 1.99, about a month ago I was going to purchase some and the price was 3.99.... this is in like 6 mos to a year in time.... there are like glorified long donuts... what is in these baked goods that is hiking the price...GOLD:scared1:

Thank goodness I live very near an Entenmann's outlet! :banana:
Bread and flatbreads are 3/$3 and cakes are 3/$6 (or cheaper).

No way would I pay for that!

I too am blessed to live near several bakery outlets. Never have to pay that price :goodvibes

I won't pay full price for any Entennman's stuff. We have an Entennman's outlet in the town I work in so I go there. If there wasn't the outlet I wouldn't be buying any Entennman's stuff. It's good, but seriously I would rather go to a bakery, pay a couple more dollars, and get fresh baked stuff. $8 for a cheese danish is highway robbery. I'm glad I don't like cheese danish!

I normally don't buy pre-packaged bakery so I'm curious, how big is this danish for $8? My husband is a great baker so he can make one. And we have Wegman's which has an awesome bakery!

I normally don't buy pre-packaged bakery so I'm curious, how big is this danish for $8? My husband is a great baker so he can make one. And we have Wegman's which has an awesome bakery!

Nowhere near as big as you would think. ;)

I think the box with the Entenmanns Danish in it is about 6"x12". And the danish is in an aluminum tray in side that, so it's probably 5"X10"? They are definitely smaller than they used to be and much more expensive.

I don't buy them often, and last winter I thought that maybe I'd buy one of the round ones with the cinnamon and walnuts on it. They used to cost like $3 or $4 and when I saw that it was like $7, I said forget it. They are a nostalgia thing for me though, my Grandmother used to always have one on her kitchen counter, and serve it with coffee when we were there. z I do like to buy one once in a while (maybe once a year), but these days I only do it if they are on a good sale!

Wow! That's quite a price hike! But unfortunately it's a sign of the times. I was in Walley World the other day and needed shredded cheese. The last time I bought it, which wasn't that long ago, it was $1.89. This time it was $2.39. I choked. That's a heck of a mark up from one week to the next. But that's pretty much how things are right now. :confused3

Wow! That's quite a price hike! But unfortunately it's a sign of the times. I was in Walley World the other day and needed shredded cheese. The last time I bought it, which wasn't that long ago, it was $1.89. This time it was $2.39. I choked. That's a heck of a mark up from one week to the next. But that's pretty much how things are right now. :confused3

On the company's side, supply pricing has gone through the roof. That's why you see the increase in prices.

We lived overseas for several years. American products were hard to find. One store started carrying Entennmans danish and doughnuts. I happily paid over $10 for that cheese danish:love: Now that we are back in the states, no way would I pay that!

:scared1: Uh, no, I would not buy it at that price. It used to be $4.59 around here and even then, I did not buy it. I will buy the raspberry danish once or twice a year if it's on sale but I'm the only one who eats it. I can't justify an $8 danish!

This is my favorite, the Raspberry Danish!

Nowhere near as big as you would think. ;)

I think the box with the Entenmanns Danish in it is about 6"x12". And the danish is in an aluminum tray in side that, so it's probably 5"X10"? They are definitely smaller than they used to be and much more expensive.

For an $8 Danish, it should come with someone serving it. hee-hee

I have been boycotting Entennmans for a few years due to their poor customer service. This gives me reason to continue my boycott. :goodvibes

It is too funny that you mentioned this. I just bought some yesterday. I wasn't paying attention to the price since I usually purchase it on sale....well...I paid over $6! Also, the box is the same size, but the metal pan in the box is about 1 and 1/2 inches shorter than the box! For some reason, it didn't taste as good today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter