Epcot Spine and Entrance Project

It’s a walkthrough attraction.

See, and I actually like that idea. WDW doesn't have many walk-through attractions, and I've always liked ones like the castle at Disneyland. I am okay with that though, again, I'm not sure Moana was the right call for that space, but let's see how it all comes together.

Who knows? I’m still trying to figure out what “living water” is. 😆
Near the beginning of Moana there is a scene where she is a baby and the water seems to interact with her and have a life like presence. It is actually one of my favorite parts of the movie. Maybe it is just referring to the lifelike presence the water has in that movie in general.

Near the beginning of Moana there is a scene where she is a baby and the water seems to interact with her and have a life like presence. It is actually one of my favorite parts of the movie. Maybe it is just referring to the lifelike presence the water has in that movie in general.
Ah ha. Thank you. Haven’t seen the movie. I’m recording it on Freeform this weekend though. Excited to see it. Thanks for the clarification.

I am posting before I read ANY comments about this - in fact I was hoping to start a thread, but should have known there would be one up already - and I want to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Epcot redesign! I love the return to nature, the trees, the shading, the beautiful water features...I am sure there is no end to the comments poo-poo-ing the new design, and even if I am in the minority, I still give full marks to Imagineering for thew new concept. Let the Fountain of Nations go, let the soda shop go, relocate Starbucks...I love the redesign and can't wait to see it fully realized.

OK now I'll scroll back and read the thread...

Wanted you to know I watched it this weekend. I LOVE IT, What a precious movie! Maybe even in my top 7 or 8 now loved it.

I must say though, when this walk through opens (I refuse to call it an attraction yet) I am going to be hella disappointed that they can’t recreate that scene where she is a toddler and the water protects her. 😂. The animation in that scene was stunning to me. Especially as the water grew higher.

So, thanks for the info. When he said “living waters” on stage I thought it was so stupid. I was yelling, “ Water IS NOT ALIVE!” 😂😂

I am posting before I read ANY comments about this - in fact I was hoping to start a thread, but should have known there would be one up already - and I want to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Epcot redesign! I love the return to nature, the trees, the shading, the beautiful water features...I am sure there is no end to the comments poo-poo-ing the new design, and even if I am in the minority, I still give full marks to Imagineering for thew new concept. Let the Fountain of Nations go, let the soda shop go, relocate Starbucks...I love the redesign and can't wait to see it fully realized.

OK now I'll scroll back and read the thread...

You are not alone. I’m so excited about this. Permanent topiary vignettes throughout main entrance area. Recreating the original fountain. Epcot shines during garden festival. Expand on THAT!

The rendering is stunning IMHO. I hope they fulfill all of it. I’ve always thought club cool was dumb but I also live 40 minutes from The World of Coke museum. Somebody should put Starbucks in a corner 😳.

My favorite thing is that new garden rooftop structure. I mean, c’mon, how awesome is that??? I just pray that only part of the top level is used for dessert parties. I refuse to pay for those because it’s SO expensive vs. actual value. But that’s just me. Please save a spot for those who choose not to participate in that.

Oh. And the Walt sitting sculpture. 😭😭😭. I hope he is bronze so that, over time, we see where everybody most touches him. Like a Buddha belly sculpture.

I will miss fountain of nations but I think they are putting in something similar in on a smaller scale. Not sure.

What are you most excited for in the redesign?

Wanted you to know I watched it this weekend. I LOVE IT, What a precious movie! Maybe even in my top 7 or 8 now loved it.

I must say though, when this walk through opens (I refuse to call it an attraction yet) I am going to be hella disappointed that they can’t recreate that scene where she is a toddler and the water protects her. 😂. The animation in that scene was stunning to me. Especially as the water grew higher.

So, thanks for the info. When he said “living waters” on stage I thought it was so stupid. I was yelling, “ Water IS NOT ALIVE!” 😂😂
About to get on Monorail from Epcot to MK. View attachment 430394
so exciting

I was bummed about some of the changes being rumored, including the fountain, but now that I have seen the actual plans for the reimagined Epcot, I am excited to see it all happen. Epcot needed revitalizing, and the planned changes certainly will do just that. Bummer losing the fountain, but it just might all be worth it in the end. I hope we don't have to wait forever to see this come together.

To incorporate World in all areas unifies it nicely although if we were to say it unlike World Showcase, World Celebration will take some getting use to. World Showcase seems a lot like a celebration itself so what would be there we don't know how it would incorporate with the name unlike World Discovery and World Nature. Does this leave The Imagination Pavilion now part of World Celebration? The Imagination Pavilion goes with Discovery but it's on the Nature side now.:fish:

The way they colored the map, Imagination seems to be part of Celebration. Makes sense. It might be clearer once the new pathways are in place.

You are not alone. I’m so excited about this. Permanent topiary vignettes throughout main entrance area. Recreating the original fountain. Epcot shines during garden festival. Expand on THAT!

The rendering is stunning IMHO. I hope they fulfill all of it. I’ve always thought club cool was dumb but I also live 40 minutes from The World of Coke museum. Somebody should put Starbucks in a corner 😳.

My favorite thing is that new garden rooftop structure. I mean, c’mon, how awesome is that??? I just pray that only part of the top level is used for dessert parties. I refuse to pay for those because it’s SO expensive vs. actual value. But that’s just me. Please save a spot for those who choose not to participate in that.

Oh. And the Walt sitting sculpture. 😭😭😭. I hope he is bronze so that, over time, we see where everybody most touches him. Like a Buddha belly sculpture.

I will miss fountain of nations but I think they are putting in something similar in on a smaller scale. Not sure.

What are you most excited for in the redesign?

I would say the overall beauty of the design - the focus on nature, the landscaping, all the trees, and not just acres of bland concrete and glass - really gets me excited. It looks beautiful. And I am psyched to see that new multi-level pavilion, that looks pretty amazing.

That "three story" tall pavilion in the middleish of the park is going to block some good views. Not that it doesn't look cool itself...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter