ESPN Layoffs

I saw today that Baseball tonight is going to one show a week. Web gems are not important I guess.

That's a bad sign too. They canned a lot of that staff too..

Espn actually did baseball well...one of their more worthwhile products.

Why don't they just run quick pitch? Once a week highlights doesn't work.

And two words: HEIDI WATNEY

Actually I'd say CT is iffy, due to proximity to New York and a grudge over the Pats not moving to Hartford back around 2000. The rest of New England is a Pats stronghold.

I don't think many in CT are still upset about the failed move to Hartford/East Hartford, I seem to remember thinking it would be foolish to move here right from the beginning. The Pats/Giants split is pretty similar to the Red Sox/Yankees except the red Sox Fans will still be Red Sox Fans after 80 years of losses, the Pats fan base exploded once they started winning. I expect it to shrink dramatically once they start loosing again.

This is however an outsiders point of view. I have no love for football all that the super bowl means to me is the Daytona 500 is right around the corner.

I don't think many in CT are still upset about the failed move to Hartford/East Hartford, I seem to remember thinking it would be foolish to move here right from the beginning. The Pats/Giants split is pretty similar to the Red Sox/Yankees except the red Sox Fans will still be Red Sox Fans after 80 years of losses, the Pats fan base exploded once they started winning. I expect it to shrink dramatically once they start loosing again.

This is however an outsiders point of view. I have no love for football all that the super bowl means to me is the Daytona 500 is right around the corner.

The pats "nation" (laughable) are in complete denial of this fact.

Boring tom says he's gonna play forever so Gis doesn't get bored and trade down...but alas he won't.

And as we learned with Emperor Palpatine: pure evil cannot live forever on hate alone...
...so too will the Hoodie.

The pats "nation" (laughable) are in complete denial of this fact.

Boring tom says he's gonna play forever so Gis doesn't get bored and trade down...but alas he won't.

And as we learned with Emperor Palpatine: pure evil cannot live forever on hate alone...
...so too will the Hoodie.
That ignores the fact they've sold out every single game since 93 when kraft took over....8 years before the first super bowl.

I don't deny there are many bandwagon fans like in any good fan base, but to say all their fans are casual is laughable in itself.

That ignores the fact they've sold out every single game since 93 when kraft took over....8 years before the first super bowl.

I don't deny there are many bandwagon fans like in any good fan base, but to say all their fans are casual is laughable in itself.

Boston calls itself a football town...

It's not...it's a baseball/basketball town.

The ranks are swollen with band wagoners...like all cities when they win...and will return to status quo.

Want a football town?

A town that's gonna win back to back Stanley cups with the best players on earth...and right now are talking on their sports stations about the drafting a long snapper...no joke

Boston calls itself a football town...

It's not...it's a baseball/basketball town.

The ranks are swollen with band wagoners...like all cities when they win...and will return to status quo.

Want a football town?

A town that's gonna win back to back Stanley cups with the best players on earth...and right now are talking on their sports stations about the drafting a long snapper...no joke
Well Boston is also a decent hockeytown

But I also think there will always be a football culture with Boston now. Just like Pittsburgh became one when they won, same with Dallas any Green Bay, so too will New England.

I do look forward to the day training camp is a lot less crowded it's pretty unbearable at this point

Well Boston is also a decent hockeytown

But I also think there will always be a football culture with Boston now. Just like Pittsburgh became one when they won, same with Dallas any Green Bay, so too will New England.

I do look forward to the day training camp is a lot less crowded it's pretty unbearable at this point

Not true...it's actually tv history.

Rozelle grew football into what it is by developing the national tv airings as an "event"

That happened in the 1970's and the national broadcast. The largest national fan bases are not surprisingly the cowboys, steelers, dolphins, raiders, and redskins...the dominant teams of those broadcasts.

New England has an incredible period...but times have changed and if they put up a couple of 4-12 seasons...they'll all be heading back to Fenway and there will be much more air In the tires on the wagon.

If there is any true NFL football town in the US I have to believe its Green Bay. The entire city lives on Sunday's at Lambeau, the city basically shuts down for it. SWAT teams and basically the entire police department in that area are out in full force as 80,000+ descend on the city.

If there is any true NFL football town in the US I have to believe its Green Bay. The entire city lives on Sunday's at Lambeau, the city basically shuts down for it. SWAT teams and basically the entire police department in that area are out in full force as 80,000+ descend on the city.

No doubt...Green Bay is that town.

No joking, Pittsburgh is second...the team itself is an homage to the collapsed industrial soul of the entire area.

Not true...it's actually tv history.

Rozelle grew football into what it is by developing the national tv airings as an "event"

That happened in the 1970's and the national broadcast. The largest national fan bases are not surprisingly the cowboys, steelers, dolphins, raiders, and redskins...the dominant teams of those broadcasts.

New England has an incredible period...but times have changed and if they put up a couple of 4-12 seasons...they'll all be heading back to Fenway and there will be much more air In the tires on the wagon.
I suppose time will tell.

Green Bay also is a unique situation and really cool.

As an aside I think your local sports stations should be focusing on your teams lack of secondary that hasn't been addressed ☺️

I suppose time will tell.

Green Bay also is a unique situation and really cool.

As an aside I think your local sports stations should be focusing on your teams lack of secondary that hasn't been addressed ☺️

They are...that's the gripe...

But my point is I couldn't care less...the best team on the planet in skates is looking for blood at home.

Football is the most overrated thing in history and always will be. People should get a life there.

ESPN has been over earning for a long time millions of people paying for it who never watched a single second of their programming. It's all about cord cutters there is no solution I don't think until these deals for the NBA, NFL and MLB run out. They will never earn what they used and cutting these jobs makes almost no difference it's a drop in the bucket.

They are...that's the gripe...

But my point is I couldn't care less...the best team on the planet in skates is looking for blood at home.

Football is the most overrated thing in history and always will be. People should get a life there.
I will say the NFL takes it way too seriously. Ten years ago they used to release the schedule in the paper. Now they have a release show? Please...

It's all about what people wanna hear about though, which is obviously something espn isn't good at

I will say the NFL takes it way too seriously. Ten years ago they used to release the schedule in the paper. Now they have a release show? Please...

It's all about what people wanna hear about though, which is obviously something espn isn't good at
Yeah don't get me started on the stupid schedule release. Especially when the entire thing is leaked hours before.

The NFL is currently a combination of low iq/low commitment fans and/or degenerate gamblers...

They won't say it...I will. That's why it's huge.

The NFL is currently a combination of low iq/low commitment fans and/or degenerate gamblers...

They won't say it...I will. That's why it's huge.
See I think fantasy football is a fine thing in principle. It's when the league tries to tayler its rules and the game itself around it where it crosses a line

See I think fantasy football is a fine thing in principle. It's when the league tries to tayler its rules and the game itself around it where it crosses a line

Fantasy was kinda a nice little thing when it started (my day)...but it's just code for gambling now that "respectable" leagues promote to try and look like they aren't harming the kids...it is what it is

Fantasy was kinda a nice little thing when it started (my day)...but it's just code for gambling now that "respectable" leagues promote to try and look like they aren't harming the kids...it is what it is
I feel like daily fantasy is what's pushing it over the line but it's sorta been on that trajectory for a while

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter