ESPN Layoffs

I heard from a bus driver that Disney is working on two holographic Steven Smiths One will be Steven A the other Steven B. They are working with IBM to leverage Watson to provide the dialog for the show. Watson has already recorded every word Steven A has said on ESPN and is doing a multivariable breakdown of his words. An unpaid intern will input the scores news and sports highlights from the night before and the two Steven Smiths will yell at each other for the rumored 4 hour daily show. The real Smith will be a guest on the show on Fridays.

I think it is to much NBA and not enough other sports (NHL?). It's also to much of the same show over and over again. I like PTI, but there are like 13 of them now. They also have taken their bread and butter ( sports center) and made it into one of these yelling at each other shows. At least the 6:00 pm show.

Not exactly related but ESPN is not the only one laying off people. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel let go its Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Bucks beat writers as well as numerous prep (high school sports) writers.

That deal is a big player here. Seeing someone like Ed Werder get laid off is sad. Those are the types of people I like. All of these sports entertainment shows just don't do it for me. I want old style sportscenter again.
All of those shows have turned into what the WWE does in between the wrestling: Loosely scripted ridiculous arguing.

Espn is unwatchable...I've gotten to the point where I can tolerate maybe 5 minutes...the outdated, commercial laden cable channel approach of it is a killer combined with awful, stale content...

But...

Since ESPN is now a political organization, wondering if their news should be posted within a different forum.

I am curious where your going with this? If espn is political (which it likely is), what do you classify as "news"?

Espn is unwatchable...I've gotten to the point where I can tolerate maybe 5 minutes...the outdated, commercial laden cable channel approach of it is a killer combined with awful, stale content...

But...

I am curious where your going with this? If espn is political (which it likely is), what do you classify as "news"?
Let’s be careful please. We cannot discuss politics.

Wondering how much the layoffs will actually help ESPN's bottom line. I'm sure they make reasonable money at their jobs but the total ESPN budget is probably more driven by how much they pay the various sports franchises to broadcast their games.

Wondering how much the layoffs will actually help ESPN's bottom line. I'm sure they make reasonable money at their jobs but the total ESPN budget is probably more driven by how much they pay the various sports franchises to broadcast their games.
They pay a flat fee to the conferences/leagues to broadcast games. Honestly their biggest driver right now has gotta be college football and fox sports is starting to eat into that market.

They pay a flat fee to the conferences/leagues to broadcast games. Honestly their biggest driver right now has gotta be college football and fox sports is starting to eat into that market.

It doesn't matter if all their washed up player commentators and 2nd runner ups work for minimum wage...

Espn has bloating contracts with leagues, declining subscribers and declining ad revenue...there's no way to fix that and every move they've made for 5 years to mitigate that has come off as silly and reactionary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter