EVC question

katyringo

DIS Veteran
I understand that scooterbug is the only vendor that can drop off and pick up without you being there..

But the reviews aren't great.

Thinking of going with a different vendor but I have a questions. Hubby doesn't need the EVC all the time. We don't need to take it with us for rope drop. It's more like end of day thing..

Using a different vendor this becomes an issue on check out day. We will need to check out of the room, but will be rope dropping AK, and don't want to take the EVC with us. Can bell hop hold it like luggage for us? We would be meeting the company later that day to return. Returning it the night before doesn't work..

Halp?

Yes, Bell Services can hold it for you. We did that at Grand Floridian and actually had checked out on a Friday and they held it until Saturday when we came back to meet the company and return it. Best of luck!

Walker Mobility is my go to every time! I highly recommend them to you. I never have any issues and there drivers have always been punctual. Customer Service is super important to me as well and they are exceptional.

Third vote for Gold.

And honestly, I would take the ECV to the park all day whether you need it all day. You never know when the person will need it (and need it right then). Park it in one area and do the things in that area and then move it with you to each area around the park. Basically use it for distances.

I have an ECV question. Well a couple actually.
Before I realized that there were not elevators in buildings at OKW I rented points and made a non refundable booking for a deluxe studio. I’m holding off on having ECV delivered until I see if I get the requested first floor room. I was told it’s a request not a guarantee. Would you get the ECV anyway and hope to be relocated to an accessible room?
Last time we rented ECV inside AK. The walk from parking lot required multiple stops (with no place to rest) and exhausted me. The lot we were in had no trolleys. I guess they considered it too close. This time I will be on my own so I’m worried about how to get from TTC to MK and same at other parks. Any tips? I take my cane but the struggle is real.

Would you get the ECV anyway and hope to be relocated to an accessible room?
Do you need an accessible room? Or do you just mean a 1st floor room? HA rooms are a specific booking category so I would NOT expect you to be moved to one of those if that's not what you have booked. But I think you have a pretty good chance (not guaranteed) of getting a 1st floor room, particularly if that is your only request. I think all buildings are only 2 story so that means approx. half of all rooms have 1st floor entry.

This time I will be on my own so I’m worried about how to get from TTC to MK and same at other parks.
Are you driving or taking WDW transportation to the parks? At MK it can make a big difference because the buses from the resorts drop-off much closer than the TTC, no traversing the parking lot or dealing with the ferry/monorail. Ideally having the ECV to use from your resort will make a big difference. If you decide to rent in-park, a rollator might be of more help than a cane because it provides a seat when needing a break.

Before I realized that there were not elevators in buildings at OKW I rented points and made a non refundable booking for a deluxe studio. I’m holding off on having ECV delivered until I see if I get the requested first floor room. I was told it’s a request not a guarantee. Would you get the ECV anyway and hope to be relocated to an accessible room?
Last time we rented ECV inside AK. The walk from parking lot required multiple stops (with no place to rest) and exhausted me. The lot we were in had no trolleys. I guess they considered it too close. This time I will be on my own so I’m worried about how to get from TTC to MK and same at other parks. Any tips? I take my cane but the struggle is real.
Although I can't guarantee that you'll get a first floor room, I'd be VERY surprised if you don't. We're DVC OKW owners, and since I've been using an ECV, we've made about 8 trips to OKW, and always gotten the first floor I've asked for (not HA). But I still worry beforehand since it is a request, not a guarantee.

I’m not sure if DVC is different from hotel rooms so this may not apply. We recently booked a room at Port Orleans Riverside, which has some buildings with a second floor and no elevator access. We booked on the phone and I requested a ground floor or 2nd floor with elevator access, mentioning I can no longer go up stairs. She made a note that such a request was medically necessary on the reservation- seeing as I’ve never needed such a request in the past I didn’t even know that was thing. So perhaps call in and explain you need ground floor or elevator access for medical reasons and see if that can be noted on your reservation.

Do you need an accessible room? Or do you just mean a 1st floor room? HA rooms are a specific booking category so I would NOT expect you to be moved to one of those if that's not what you have booked. But I think you have a pretty good chance (not guaranteed) of getting a 1st floor room, particularly if that is your only request. I think all buildings are only 2 story so that means approx. half of all rooms have 1st floor entry.

Are you driving or taking WDW transportation to the parks? At MK it can make a big difference because the buses from the resorts drop-off much closer than the TTC, no traversing the parking lot or dealing with the ferry/monorail. Ideally having the ECV to use from your resort will make a big difference. If you decide to rent in-park, a rollator might be of more help than a cane because it provides a seat when needing a break.
I want to rent an ECV and have it delivered to the resort but since I discovered the resort doesn’t have elevators I will have to wait and see what I get for a room first. I will be traveling alone so the rollator and luggage would be too difficult for me. I’ll have my cane though.

Although I can't guarantee that you'll get a first floor room, I'd be VERY surprised if you don't. We're DVC OKW owners, and since I've been using an ECV, we've made about 8 trips to OKW, and always gotten the first floor I've asked for (not HA). But I still worry beforehand since it is a request, not a guarantee.
Yeah. I put in the request but it means I don’t dare order the ECV until I’m sure since it can’t be left outside.

Yeah. I put in the request but it means I don’t dare order the ECV until I’m sure since it can’t be left outside.
Will you wait until you get the room assignment to contact a company to have one ready for you? I'd just be concerned you will have trouble finding a rental if so. I was at CBR at the end of October and had the request put in for a first floor room and kept my fingers crossed I got it. I ordered the ECV several weeks ahead because I need the ECV and can't do the stairs so I'd have to move resorts or sleep in the lobby or something had they not been able to find me a room. :upsidedow

Third vote for Gold.

And honestly, I would take the ECV to the park all day whether you need it all day. You never know when the person will need it (and need it right then). Park it in one area and do the things in that area and then move it with you to each area around the park. Basically use it for distances.
This is what I did last week on our vacation. I still averaged 3 miles walking per day even with the scooter …… rest of the family was at 7-8 miles per day.

You should go ahead and reserve your ECV as soon as you know your dates are firm.

Unless you are arriving after the vendor is closed, or before they open for the day, most Orlando ECV rental vendors will work with you to have your ECV at your Resort as close to when you arrive as possible. If you want that to be "guaranteed" (that the ECV will be waiting for you, and not the other way around) then you should rent from Scooterbug, as they are currently the only vendor allowed to leave rental units with Bell Services.

You should go ahead and reserve your ECV as soon as you know your dates are firm.

Unless you are arriving after the vendor is closed, or before they open for the day, most Orlando ECV rental vendors will work with you to have your ECV at your Resort as close to when you arrive as possible. If you want that to be "guaranteed" (that the ECV will be waiting for you, and not the other way around) then you should rent from Scooterbug, as they are currently the only vendor allowed to leave rental units with Bell Services.
I’m not worried about the scooter. I’m worried I could be assigned a room with stairs. I requested ground floor for scooter but was told it’s not a guarantee only a request. If I can’t get it up to the room then I’d be in a pickle and it’s not like I could just leave it outside. So until I get a room how can I reserve the chair?

Will you wait until you get the room assignment to contact a company to have one ready for you? I'd just be concerned you will have trouble finding a rental if so. I was at CBR at the end of October and had the request put in for a first floor room and kept my fingers crossed I got it. I ordered the ECV several weeks ahead because I need the ECV and can't do the stairs so I'd have to move resorts or sleep in the lobby or something had they not been able to find me a room. :upsidedow
This is my first time going on my own. I wanted to stay at AKL in a studio but there were none . So I decided to try a board sponsor and booked a studio at OKW. I’ve got my park passes and am booked and paid. My flight is booked. My car is booked. can’t switch without losing a lot ofmoney. So it’s left me a wreck about the scooter. Can I book one and cancel it if they won’t have a room for me?

This is my first time going on my own. I wanted to stay at AKL in a studio but there were none . So I decided to try a board sponsor and booked a studio at OKW. I’ve got my park passes and am booked and paid. My flight is booked. My car is booked. can’t switch without losing a lot ofmoney. So it’s left me a wreck about the scooter. Can I book one and cancel it if they won’t have a room for me?
Gold mobility is very flexible and will work with you. Make sure you specifically ask for first floor or a building with elevator for mobility reasons. It is no guarantee, but they will do everything they can to accommodate.

What almost happened to us once was them moving us to Saratoga Springs because the lip of the door was just a little too tall for the scooters at OKW (we like OKW better by the way), but then they found a solution for the door. But a simple solution for the door is pack a small door threshold ramp, just a heads up, there are tons on Amazon similar to this one:
https://a.co/d/gqyRt5y

If they do give you a room upstairs with no elevator, take your scooter to the front desk and point out why it won't work.

But if you can climb the stairs, you can leave the scooter at Bel Services overnight and have them charge your scooter and they will drive you to your room and pick you up from your room on essentially golf carts. So, there are options that are secure, depending on your needs.

But OKW generally does everything they can to accommodate, again though make it clear that first floor or a building with an elevator works, that gives them the most options to help you.

Last edited:
Gold mobility is very flexible and will work with you. Make sure you specifically ask for first floor or a building with elevator for mobility reasons. It is no guarantee, but they will do everything they can to accommodate.

What almost happened to us once was them moving us to Saratoga Springs because the lip of the door was just a little too tall for the scooters at OKW (we like OKW better by the way), but then they found a solution for the door. But a simple solution for the door is pack a small door threshold ramp, just a heads up, there are tons on Amazon similar to this one:
https://a.co/d/gqyRt5y

If they do give you a room upstairs with no elevator, take your scooter to the front desk and point out why it won't work.

But if you can climb the stairs, you can leave the scooter at Bel Services overnight and have them charge your scooter and they will drive you to your room and pick you up from your room on essentially golf carts. So, there are options that are secure, depending on your needs.

But OKW generally does everything they can to accommodate, again though make it clear that first floor or a building with an elevator works, that gives them the most options to help you.
I can’t manage stairs so I would be in a real pickle

I booked it. Wish me luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter