• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Evening Magic Hours for Deluxe Guests Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading over this discussion makes me think of air travel. EVERYONE used to get a comfortable seat, a nice meal, snacks, and have their baggage checked. Now every one of those things is pieced off into tiers (economy, comfort, first etc...) and/or comes with an attached fee. This is no different to me than the FP+/EMH hours discussion.

Reading over this discussion makes me think of air travel. EVERYONE used to get a comfortable seat, a nice meal, snacks, and have their baggage checked. Now every one of those things is pieced off into tiers (economy, comfort, first etc...) and/or comes with an attached fee. This is no different to me than the FP+/EMH hours discussion.

Yep same, mentioned that as well earlier.

Same with flying.

Don't care where I sit, don't have luggage, don't have carryon, don't want to board early, don't want food, don't want drinks etc. Just get me to WDW as cheap as necessary.

So would this be one of those scenarios where the "EMH Deluxe park" would be avoided by other guests?

I mean we know a lot/most of Deluxe guests would be in that park that night, so maybe other parks would be better to visit? We usually avoided that park before as it usually seemed busier than the non EMH park.
Deluxe guests make up only a small percentage of guests who used evening EMH in the past. I don't think there will be an appreciable uptick in daytime attendance at an EMH park. You may notice that crowds build in the evening hours and for any nighttime shows.

Also if they still have reservations needed, what if you stay deluxe, but that EMH park is already full?
Since EMH occurs after park closing, there should be no issue with hopping to that park after the closing hour. But no one has been turned away for hopping since it came back in January, even when the daily reservation were all taken.

And isn't there daily pricing still going on? Wonder if certain days will cost more, or less.
Surge pricing for daytime tickets is already in effect. But resort guests usually buy multi-day tickets, which eliminates surge pricing for a single day and are not park-specific.

Deluxe guests make up only a small percentage of guests who used evening EMH in the past. I don't think there will be an appreciable uptick in daytime attendance at an EMH park. You may notice that crowds build in the evening hours and for any nighttime shows.

Yea any uptick means we will pick a different park, when not staying deluxe..

Since EMH occurs after park closing, there should be no issue with hopping to that park after the closing hour. But no one has been turned away for hopping since it came back in January, even when the daily reservation were all taken.

So you think you might "need" to have park hoppers at times to get in?

Surge pricing for daytime tickets is already in effect. But resort guests usually buy multi-day tickets, which eliminates surge pricing for a single day and are not park-specific.

Will see if they have any surge pricing related to this for non multi day guests I suppose.

Yea any uptick means we will pick a different park, when not staying deluxe..

Will see if they have any surge pricing related to this for non multi day guests I suppose.
You will definitely need a park hopper ticket to get into an evening extra hours park if that wasn't the park you had reserved for that day. If fact, just like with any hopping you will need to visit that reserved park first before you can hop to another park, including one with evening extra hours.

You will definitely need a park hopper ticket to get into an evening extra hours park if that wasn't the park you had reserved for that day. If fact, just like with any hopping you will need to visit that reserved park first before you can hop to another park, including one with evening extra hours.

I get that. My question was if "that" park is sold out and you are staying Deluxe, will you need to upgrade to a hopper.

Or do we think they may let all Deluxe guests access the EMH park no matter what.

I get that. My question was if "that" park is sold out and you are staying Deluxe, will you need to upgrade to a hopper.

Or do we think they may let all Deluxe guests access the EMH park no matter what.
If that park is "sold out" and you do not have a hopper ticket, then you don't get in for extra evening hours. It's explained pretty well in the blog post announcing this perk.

If that park is "sold out" and you do not have a hopper ticket, then you don't get in for extra evening hours. It's explained pretty well in the blog post announcing this perk.

Yea when I click on that post 1 link I get an error.

But I'm going with "yes", thanks. :thumbsup2

You will definitely need a park hopper ticket to get into an evening extra hours park if that wasn't the park you had reserved for that day.

I will start by saying we are DVC owners and will benefit from this “perk”. I will also say that my husband and I have very different opinions on the fairness of this decision.
I believe you are thinking about this incorrectly. Your ticket and my ticket provide both of us with the exact same amount of hours in the park. It is only the hotel choice that provides the opportunity to stay in the park for extra time. My ticket is neither better or worse than yours. Presumably the extra price for the deluxe hotel is what provides the money for the costs of keeping the park open. IF (a very big if) that is the case, shouldn’t it be limited to the people footing the bill for the extra hours? My favorite hotel in the world is the Caribbean Beach (where we spent our honeymoon). If I choose to stay there and the fee I am paying to do so doesn’t help cover the cost of EMH, I probably shouldn’t get to take advantage of that event.
I am not trying to ruffle feathers - I am just trying to look at this as logically as possible.
Well you win. you'll get what you want. more time in the parks with less people. I wont be there.

they've lost me. After spending a week at disney in june and getting horrible service at our hotel, and then coming back and hearing this news a week after we got back, the message was loud and clear from Disney, my money is no longer good enough for them.

I was paying inflated rates as well no matter where i stayed onsite.

Disney is something my family loves and its near and dear to our hearts (we honeymooned there as well, POFQ my all time favorite disney resort), so forgive me if i'm upset and have been salty. As a family we have given disney so much of our time and money over the past 15 years, and now we feel like we arent wanted.

It's not really just the magic hours, its everything over the past 5 years that have added up, but this is just the straw that broke the camels back. I fear the direction this company is going with the new CEO.

Well you win. you'll get what you want. more time in the parks with less people. I wont be there.

they've lost me. After spending a week at disney in june and getting horrible service at our hotel, and then coming back and hearing this news a week after we got back, the message was loud and clear from Disney, my money is no longer good enough for them.

Disney is something my family loves and its near and dear to our hearts (we honeymooned there as well, POFQ my all time favorite disney resort), so forgive me if i'm upset and have been salty. As a family we have given disney so much of our time and money over the past 15 years, and now we feel like we arent wanted.

It's not really just the magic hours, its everything over the past 5 years that have added up, but this is just the straw that broke the camels back. I fear the direction this company is going with the new CEO.

This honestly makes me very sad. I am sorry Disney has been ruined for you.

For perspective, let's look at some numbers.
  • Disney Deluxe Villas (a.k.a. DVC): 3904 to 5448 (depends on how lock-offs are booked)
  • Disney Deluxe Resorts: 4979
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: 7385
  • Disney Value Resorts: 10,408
  • Disney Campsites: 800
  • Disney Good Neighbor Hotels: 8529
Total Disney hotels (max): 29,020

With Good Neighbors added in: 37,549

I'm not sure that I agree than an increase of 8529 rooms represents a significant loss of "extra magic". Yes, it's a bit more crowded but 29,020 is still a lot of rooms.

Now let's look at the new evening program.

Deluxe plus Villas: 10,427
Swan, Dolphin, Swan Reserve: 2614

New total: 13,041

Deluxe-only should feel far less crowded. That will feel magical. :)
I think it will be quite a bit less for Deluxe though. If you think about it how many of those deluxe will be at that park for the day and if they don't plan that park do they have a hopper to hop to that park.

This honestly makes me very sad. I am sorry Disney has been ruined for you.
thanks, i hope, that in time some of the things we used to receive for paying the inflated rate to stay onsite come back, but i believe the only way for that to happen is for people to find other things to do.

We're reaching this point, too. Every new announcement just seems to make me angrier and less inclined to go back anytime soon.

We're reaching this point, too. Every new announcement just seems to make me angrier and less inclined to go back anytime soon.

I fully understand that I’m a little extra salty and maybe a little over the top at the moment, I mean, my wife is upset as well, but I’m at the point I want to cancel my Disney + and avoid seeing any new Disney movies in the theaters, that’s how upset I am. My wife isn’t that upset yet, and she and the kids would kill me if I took our boycott that far. I will not bend to the kids next year to go to Disney. It will not happen, its time they see other things, and its time someone else got our hard earned money.

I’m just so over Disney as a whole right now.

I fully understand that I’m a little extra salty and maybe a little over the top at the moment, I mean, my wife is upset as well, but I’m at the point I want to cancel my Disney + and avoid seeing any new Disney movies in the theaters, that’s how upset I am. My wife isn’t that upset yet, and she and the kids would kill me if I took our boycott that far. I will not bend to the kids next year to go to Disney. It will not happen, its time they see other things, and its time someone else got our hard earned money.

I’m just so over Disney as a whole right now.
I hope you do other things. Sounds like you need too. I will tell you that the same holds true for the entire travel industry right now. Pent up demand, lack of workforce, the fear of impending inflation, etc have everyone charging top prices. I am currently staying in the same Hampton Inn I stayed in 24 times last year and on a Monday night in July, my company is being charged $172 when before covid it was in the $90 range. They have a "to go" breakfast that isnt close to what they had before and they will not clean my room until I leave. It sux, but I have to be here. Same everywhere I go. I think all tourism and hospitality places are trying to recoup their losses.

Last edited:
I hope you do other things. Sounds like you need too. I will tell you that the same holds true for the entire travel industry right now. Pent up demand, lack of workforce, the fear of impending inflation, etc have everyone charging top prices. I am currently staying in the same Hampton Inn I stayed in 24 times last year and on a Monday night in July, my company is being charged $172 when before covid it was in the $90 range. They have a "to go" breakfast that isnt close to what they had before and they will not clean my room until I leave. It sux, but I have to be here. Same everywhere I go. I think all tourism and hospitality places are trying to recoup their losses.
Yeah, and I get all of that. It’s just some of the issues I have started before covid. But for sure the travel industry has a lot demand right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter