• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Evening Magic Hours for Deluxe Guests Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh..? If you bother to read this thread you would notice the amount of folks staying deluxe payed less than moderate prices. Also people who saved for years to be able to go to deluxe resorts.

Something's wrong when you have to save for a lifetime while one rich political elite guy can splurge with money that they made in one second.

Something's wrong when you have to save for a lifetime while one rich political elite guy can splurge with money that they made in one second.
This would be a economic issue not a Disney issue. If you wanna talk minimum wage and taxing the 1% more I'm all for it. But when I can book akl for 200$ a night.. it's not for the elite. Also the elite you speak of sure the heck are not staying at a wdw resort hah.

This would be a economic issue not a Disney issue. If you wanna talk minimum wage and taxing the 1% more I'm all for it. But when I can book akl for 200$ a night.. it's not for the elite. Also the elite you speak of sure the heck are not staying at a wdw resort hah.
Anything that separates the rich from the common man is not good.
This is not part of Walt's vision.

Very confused with what this has to do with EMH for deluxe guests...

Disney was never a charity set up so that each and every person could come enjoy the parks. If someone has to save a lifetime to go and that's what they choose to do with that hard-earned and saved cash, then great for them. Not up to Disney to lower their prices so it's easier for them to go.

Very confused with what this has to do with EMH for deluxe guests...

Disney was never a charity set up so that each and every person could come enjoy the parks. If someone has to save a lifetime to go and that's what they choose to do with that hard-earned and saved cash, then great for them. Not up to Disney to lower their prices so it's easier for them to go.
The save a lifetime to go thing seems like a false excuse for this.

People who have DVC or AP or most people here aren't saving for a lifetime to go once to Disney.

False excuse? Please clarify that phrase.
Pretty simple.

People are saying that this exclusive benefit is just for those people who are saving up for a life time to go to Dinsey once in a lifetime.

Hardly. This benefit is for the rich, political elite. The vast majority of people who will benefit from this exclusive benefit aren't coming to Disney for a once in a lifetime vacation.

Disney was never a charity set up so that each and every person could come enjoy the parks.

WHAT?! Next thing you'll be telling me when a child is born in Florida they are not automatically gifted a free-for-life annual pass along with their social security number as is their obvious right!

This benefit is for the rich, political elite.

This is either a weird troll or you actually can't tell the differnece between the 'political elite' and people who stay at a simple hotel. Either way I feel bad for you. Hope your day gets better.

Pretty simple.

People are saying that this exclusive benefit is just for those people who are saving up for a life time to go to Dinsey once in a lifetime.

Hardly. This benefit is for the rich, political elite. The vast majority of people who will benefit from this exclusive benefit aren't coming to Disney for a once in a lifetime vacation.
I think you missed the point of my post.. I said people who stay deluxe varies. Some pay LESS than moderate hotel prices while others save for the trip of there dreams.. and anyone in between. If one family is struggling with medical bills and family loss and choose to save pennies a day to take a trip and want to stay deluxe they have every right to. But this doesn't mean that disney should charge less due to some peoples situations. There are cheaper resorts around if people want a smaller price tag.

Also the really rich will not be on disney property worrying about EMH.. they have private vip tours.

The save a lifetime to go thing seems like a false excuse for this.

People who have DVC or AP or most people here aren't saving for a lifetime to go once to Disney.

Pretty simple.

Many types of people enjoying staying deluxe. Rich and the savers.

I worked long and hard to pay off my DVC contract that I bought in 2009, I am a teacher (adjunct college professor), my husband is a teacher (K-12). I dont know who you think the average DVC owner is.... but let me tell you... rich, political (except on social media) and elite we are not lol....

This is either a weird troll or you actually can't tell the differnece between the 'political elite' and people who stay at a simple hotel. Either way I feel bad for you. Hope your day gets better.
[/QUOTE]

100%!!

Many types of people enjoying staying deluxe. Rich and the savers.

I worked long and hard to pay off my DVC contract that I bought in 2009, I am a teacher (adjunct college professor), my husband is a teacher (K-12). I dont know who you think the average DVC owner is.... but let me tell you... rich, political (except on social media) and elite we are not lol....
So not a once in a lifetime vacation.

Yes

since you specifically asked those who are staying deluxe-Yes, I am fine with it. I get free parking also because I am staying on my points.
I am planning on staying at POFQ again next year-just for “old times sake” and because I love the resort. I will have to pay for parking AND I won’t get the extra hours. But, I will be at a lovely resort with my husband for a couple of days.

Disney is not the first resort to offer more to guests who pay for more money.

I would like the EMH for all resort hotel guests to come back (not good Neighbor hotels).

I am sure things will change. Maybe try a split stay or rent DVC points. That is what we did before purchasing DVC.
no matter what, you are still at Disney. Enjoy your trip!
Agreed. I am ok with it. I expect people to be upset, just like people are upset that VIP tours get to use the FP lane and they don't. People are always mad when someone else gets something they don't, even though those people paid more to get those things.

But you will know far in advance I would assume so that you can be sure to have reservations for EMH days if you wanted to use them. I don't think that will put a significant dent in the number of people using EMH.
I disagree with this. I 100% think they will not announce the EMH nights until 30-60 days out, maybe less. I think they will do it purposely at a point where it will make it difficult for people to change their park reservations to those days to force people to buy hoppers so they can hop to that park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter