• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever ban anyone on Facebook? Or indeed, the DIS?

I haven't unfriended anyone on FB for years nor have I blocked someone in years (like over 10 years). Those people I blocked were short-lived 'friends' that I didn't want commenting on me.

I have however unfollowed people either due to their constant drama that is usually of their own making, their political posts or their inappropriate posts. I have reported people I have known to FB due to their inappropriate posts and majority of the time FB responds in my favor. I'm not going to unfriend a person on FB just because they have a different political opinion as me but I may unfollow them depending on how they go about expressing their political opinion.

I just ban myself from Facebook instead. Why? Because it turns out so many people I thought I liked:

Are too willing to blame others for everything wrong in their world
Brag brag brag
Have fallen for the latest MLM pyramid scheme
Complain about their kid's teacher
Post too much information on their social lives
Risk their jobs in their dumb posts
Believe the most false propaganda
Do the duck face and super model pose for FB (especially if they are recently divorced and want to sow their wild oats now that they are in their 40s with two kids)
Do all of the above then complain people are invading their privacy

;) Well that explains why you haven't been taking the bait lately...:rotfl2:No matter - when you change your mind and are ready to end my "time out" you can find me eating noodle salad with @RedAngie! :grouphug: Her manners aren't quite as good as yours but she does know a lot more about curling!
Did you say something? I can't hear you...

:lmao:

someone started accusing me of things and attacking my character out of the blue, when i haven't seen them in 5 years...then messaged me and started cussing me out. blocking them was an easy decision.

You mean blocked or muted people? Absolutely! Life is too short to get drawn into crazy online battles. I've had momentary lapses, but for the most part have stuck to that. :)

What bothers me about the whole idea of blocking here on the DIS though is that whoever you block can still read and respond to your posts - you just don't know it because you don't see their posts. That could get weird. o_O

We all use PM just in case you're not blocking us anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter