Every Mile is a Miracle

Umm... every picture is amazing!! I kept thinking, "This is my favorite..." and then I'd see the next one. The castle picture is totally the icing on the cake though! Soooo good! Such a fun trip!!

here was a girl in front of us who wanted Pooh to sign a shoe she brought and I was like “You want Pooh on your shoe?” and the CM in charge turned and looked at me and giggled.
It was in Disneyland where a CM asked me "why does Tigger always bounce around the 100 Acre Woods?" Because he doesn't want to step on Pooh.

Goofy is probably my favorite character to meet and he definitely sealed the deal with this meet.
Goofy is awesome. On one occasion, he saw my Darth Goofy pin and proceeded to Force choke me. During the 24 hour party in 2014, he was dressed as Darth Vader and when he saw me in my Jedi robes, he took my lightsaber from me and began to strike me down with it. And on another occasion, he loved my Darth Goofy plush toy so much that we started to have lightsaber duels with plush toys. He, of course, had Darth Goofy and I had Jedi Mickey. He even tried to run away with my plush Darth Goofy and never come back. He had to look away in great pain when the CM finally took it away from him.

K checked the app and saw that the Small World lighting was happening in a bit so we went over there to watch that. It was really cool to see!
My lone visit to Disney World during the holidays, I was asked a lot about the differences. I replied that Disneyland is actually more decorated than the Magic Kingdom and talked fairly extensively about the complete overlays given to The Haunted Mansion and Small World. The lighting for Small World is great fun, especially when they do the every fifteen minutes clock interaction.

Grown up Disney trips are so much fun. I’m looking forward to park time without my daughter with me. Don’t get me wrong, I love going to WDW with her, but there’s such freedom without a kid with you.
This is interesting to me because most of my trips are solo, so on those occasions when I go with friends or family members and their young children, it's an equally magical yet very different experience. On occasion I would get a picture with Tow Mater or Lightning McQueen to send to my nephews. Yet that was very different than holding my nephew and feeling him bounce up and down and make vroom vroom noises while we stood in line to see Lightning McQueen.

Disneyland Day Two
12/11/2018

Today was all about food and characters. Honestly, this is the best I have ever eaten on a Disney trip ever. So much, that my husband was jealous because we always eat the same stuff when we go usually. We missed rope drop but still got there around 8am. We started the morning off with Space Mountain. I had zero coffee in me at this point so I was sleepy.

qpv0jTlpHOxd5Doyt5rub3kVoH3P9XsZ6tbvD-_Wq1Opb9RXvf8shJIyYR4e6GL7i-G94Wr1pelrN6rgE1M1JgjuNjclav9gtYvBZAMRoQNEq49FUy01ZkI9kty9JRS7CEE2NiFGhg=w750

Then we decided to get some food. We went to the Jolly Holiday, which I would definitely go to again. I got a bacon, egg, and cheese croissant sandwich and a chocolate peppermint Santa hat macaron (and of course a coffee).

gdWfyeiwJtHOPOKhgEwJhL8D-SSgK4VXdH5aMIcNic483si3RX4DCIR--gjsNe7UluLf67HHS7dTEI-WDuuf159usN7akp7PwSNu_8bP_OaQB4S5I3Tk8RCEfm2BpYi3N0kixiu9bQ=w750

Myj7mDteiwVWfOE1rRIHNyoNfgx3OAKKTMfgAysP0XOOFj8TxYp9_ltHA3bHNU4bjXOWZK3wpzEojgelOYsP8_0FBOKrVU6C3h0qhUEVKiH6hj3HlP8a53oqv4flHsuDKF9mD4FxHg=w750

We wanted to see some more characters so we popped up to Toon Town. This is not a place I go often, even with a kid, but I do think it’s quite cute. We got in line for Mickey and then realized the wait time sign was lying. We waited a long time for Mickey, but he is always worth it.

d4DiLiEwZMIrYqlU0p8CoPs-m5oM0F3YtA-aQxa1jPZ-gFUAyVOOUWKGQ2D_K2exfM_cFCSHqPuOk00Ga6Yt7kUEBeIFh64f7KQgqXXFSkm2N5lald4OHDa1lB-A820DLhcufITiOw=w750

Then we went over to see Minnie, whose line was reasonably shorter. She was in an adorable holiday dress.

OeWV59JnkN3B9Lvh1S3lSSQEGy-O2H5XIciN6gZEhfVkyVc99_G4odhcMFwIu1Lp-j6El2JrZ1WWT3qyNu9du_rQ4d8vstdb1HizRWwfxQigFIQE_MXs4_Nx-JYbSQYiZ0HQDRljYw=w750

We had a 2pm reservation at Carthay Circle, so we park hopped over to DCA and went to meet Wreck it Ralph.

vLgqIyg26i_j-Ug17bY2UNTEfuXIj-WjS1F-nujl2Yd8EQKyYDPmUre4fxGxJkRtIzq2flEmJfdqMZKoHHrvVDT1mDhdZ3XQpH5pi3k-JGU38h6_UMjVwsDHRsP6aT7y1ZtooFpbvA=w750

While we waited for our FP time for Soarin’ we went to meet Clarabelle. Pluto was leaving just as we got in line so we got to see him all dressed up like a reindeer, too!

qrgleujfGz_kV5pZgdTeL6gpb0MEtoLc4XI4CLv6YQiidLt-RcF3oxrNFb5uqb3jJm6RJXVuI2MLSGdceQ4ve-rPVnpbPkvYhXHadzEoyL7DZnjwRCA7SZFV09-7j-x3cpmRdzXgHQ=w750

TjdH4gDbUJ15R7fuSTHQ7VMg17MMpEYq4uQnIe0dSbZCSno7ezyeZdVKFP07U0R6drDV4t_JTftfxeaZLsie90RQ6WSQQS1_AScHda9MRVxKPwD4T0wWMrjFUZmsJPHXvsotM6V6iw=w750

Then we rode Soarin’ and listened to people say how they wish they could do overlays for this ride and I am all about that idea. Get it together Disney. Or at least bring back Soarin’ over Cali!

K asked me if I had ever been to Beast’s Library, which I hadn’t and so she took me. Why I never gone in there before is beyond me but Bay is gonna LOVE it.

CsMQ7nmH_s0CHLSjBM5JPTsdqZfIoZRWD7x0AXvsH5X6jjXdvyrUNMbo3YYv7tpRad5oagYXW7qQ5-it2F9e-Vqnm3055nSz-7blKOSmuEAxOl_p1wpAEqiZcRuEFDbSUVibJTdqfw=w500
TKn-OV-GhNr1yakMrNUckTGrGgNQ6zHEk4dabvch4NFz0qGfTByrsIYIjAFJ4nU_gl9OrcyT3hho4v5qnXNDRjVWw2wUwSd5zM_WPJ8Jsej6xPUcL5sF5ZTeDF8uTyUgxn3p7K0rUw=w500

Then we wanted to see how hot Captain America was, so we waited in line to meet him. Disclosure: I am not a superhero person. Outside of the mainstream things, I am clueless. So when we got to the front of the line the CM asked me who my favorite superhero was and I responded “Wonder Woman”. Go ahead and leave a comment about what you thought she said next……
Anyway, he was dreamy. I asked him if he had any relation to Captain Planet. He said no.

RjCpw2WYAdhEcXLhofB-sg2zz1INa9e21dIwrH967emMDZmtmbEsjCe_Py_1qpsgFrQ0vRS5DSvNuealwjxVdoi4_osymK49FDQH5O-ygjj98iv4x8OTCRDXfGb2IX66HR_U-aoHxA=w500
PtCszEC0RGPKUwmnvQTCD9fa-U6CDEd7sdmZeqVh0H0AVoY2ex0ulDaZd3jMtHBQ0EOjHAg8-qEVQ2VVq_y4VVmG7a6r3nu2G34-O_etoNd1WP06uS3zNtnkwWegMyHjineSm5wKpQ=w500

Then we got on Guardians of the Galaxy one last time and would you believe it if I told you we sat in the SAME SPOTS for the THIRD TIME this trip. Well, we did.

szSC5EiGRTK3IuL0GwWOj4XihBPaDz-8ICvNnF0L9FujGHisSP58hixC9IJ98rYsPKoKko4Gzpie4JQW9_58W_pVOG5jLtO4OcmT0b7xJGyBm-bk1xOFafNM7heHwfPzByqJ-rkkvw=w750

Finally it was lunch time and K had warned me that Carthay Circle was really fancy and you feel weird wearing normal clothes in there and boy was she right. I immediately took my ears off because that just felt weird. We got seated in what seemed like the “awards” room. Lots of pictures of stars holding up Emmy’s and other awards. We were next to a family who had 4 kids with them and I mean, okay if that’s your thing but I wouldn’t take Bay here to pay $20 for Mac N Cheese I would just have to finish. JK I totally would do that for Mac N Cheese.
Our main goal for lunch was a bottle of wine. K doesn’t drink a ton of wine but she likes Rose, so we sampled a French and a Napa. We ended up with a bottle of the Fleurty Rose by Fleury Wine Estates. I also got the Fried Biscuits to start with. They were amazing. For my lunch I went with the Korean Chili Glazed Angus Sirloin. It was soooo good. For dessert I got us a pour of some port wine. It was a perfect luncheon.

Xt1UqxUeW6UN1RQCEH4fo1FJQEr7JEDvRvW4zbsU8a7Rl0ViUxs5p2DvogQWtmNd4gBQjIR1C6cnqgNy9tVDQDDZDfA8EhEOX_CNPsYM-BH5ku9bAYBkhkYsZQcfiKrvW-WSKJ-stA=w750

IYxDI47Ec1kaz17op7nLfbMjTWps4y4XzYNAP5xksTdLezT9B4TiUpQb2EWM6b0aF8hKRPLB6pDvwovSoXHq-_ZWyI4Cf6EDrsBzV8AvgGZ5bghnMOq354E2P4EwgXsZLQcKmq6ouw=w750

QGaTScJxATjEGM7kEkIrBJkB6ZajTo5xh8Bus7JGXUY5YsFQxi5xkC9DI4gc6UsWz5fCmAhiM3Qy4aFHpsso2uqEbN9CXqNSPJSNvqwbwu_jHeJ6hkLi9zhPNIYVvMwoZosJyUwqBw=w750

We said farewell to DCA and popped back to DL because we decided that we needed to ride Small World to see the holiday overlay. Hashtag worth it.

I53sOu_JuOCGeEUAKafqT45OWTRqPKlJBXjjLGY_JbSM11IHCllwmpsDgmMahDgzzdgKHRto6lHS3fs27VIUG0r9GF_ijd8mjBJ120dobmijt39XOkRynceHSGvTAb7MvlmP0UPx4w=w750

15KzHI2M0ygaHx1iw8zEsYL_4LMD-dnZssYm_YSqff0D6NOWm-eJbjt4JW8OYA5rTL86vQVNKNHA9X7O4JflZ-5nH1VBmtPf9Zy5FH2E-5wYDrGztUgXYOvSmb1el5Z-fZghRo--VA=w750

9yaCYjHKPoA55wNaK7zD8af988RmpB_0kHk2JVnmeeT7ClI5GzusrvDqhKlNDYgqy5yXm3pD4Lga1a37GQCamrl-b9nLvM_HiA30i70-p0bNhidqzJXtCpq_IaTj5-Pr29r-MhkH7w=w750

zZKKJN9Cu1GzFr7GXVO05R7zzI2_y7IsjaddUFpEL_2bNXRjUjZ210f7Ikn9woUPKH-ASIi1wfT5yoIedqXmzKylJ9pJk2LO9Vdq0hjlWrwyEB9IUpT5lxrNrQXDZi1w2TjsvUD50g=w750

MDyiXhvA8gCjHcYoRsPJEM6-3NVjbiZ8Cj1NR7Fvf2M85U11VJsETwI_AXlCTwvFiLciPwU2qEinvyIVyeY0wNUBCUUJxQF5icMtmZ3GTP4o24UVvSHfp4GWsa6m4eSuh584MNmHDA=w750

Afterwards K grabbed a Dole Whip and I got a Pluto Holiday Popcorn container and we walked around taking it all in. And then I decided I wanted ice cream, so we went back to DCA one more time and had a kitchen sink at Clarabelle’s.

Sc5IEY_bX1YcjSdjJO4MSUHz1lJcMqqRS1IrzuPa2zk9T8OaY1hBl4naHWhwTgvPTXj20pE6cW5-8lAPrZRYkg-60O2Sp4DnZsXof5JEp0TbqcWV2eH-itGMnYBEDaZYCSj5Qrpo-A=w750

We finished up some Christmas shopping in DCA and in Downtown Disney, then hit the road for home at 8:30pm. We got home around 2:30am and just done with traveling. WHEW.

I think we need to plan a DIS-neyland trip because….

g2CHO1FLMXUfqSrg6HzVwTjJ2k9kEK2c4wsO4OHPt1hIUYWEh0mPyv7OnH31VNIRiuKdPnoGS_A1WNbkaKM5SLfA7uJjtK-3RqbtwR-352ayPvF-yW8jjofuVzq5gdkeJbMd08B2zw=w750

I'm intrigued by how the CM responded to a character outside the Disney family as it were. Periodically, I get some a CM giving me a good natured Live Long and Prosper from Star Trek when they see my Star Wars shirt. I had a few people tease me about my Batman shirt during the Avengers race since Batman belongs to a different comic book company. It was all in fun though. Or at least that's how I chose to interpret it.

I'm intrigued by how the CM responded to a character outside the Disney family as it were. Periodically, I get some a CM giving me a good natured Live Long and Prosper from Star Trek when they see my Star Wars shirt. I had a few people tease me about my Batman shirt during the Avengers race since Batman belongs to a different comic book company. It was all in fun though. Or at least that's how I chose to interpret it.
So, I said to the CM "Wonder Woman" and she kind of scoffed and said "Who is that?" And my friend laughed and said, they don't recognize Super Heroes from DC. Me: ALL THE SHRUGS. And then the CM just kept asking me who that was and she turned to Captain America and asked him who Wonder Woman was... It was actually kind of embarrassing and I really wanted her to shove it. But whatever. Captain American ignored her and complimented me on my saluting skills.

Okay that story cracks me up if only because the CM kept digging herself into a deeper hole. Either she doesn't know who Wonder Woman is which is fine or she's making it worse by pretending not to know.

I'm okay if Captain America pretends to not know who Wonder Woman or Batman are because they're outside of his universe and he strives to make you feel that he's real. But I also think it's better for the CMs with the characters to at least have some fun when the answer comes back outside the universe. When I dressed as Batman for the 2017 Avengers, I had some CMs playfully tease me that they didn't recognize my supersuit and/or wonder if I was in the right city, but they made it clear it was all in fun.

I always look forward to a fresh start, whether it's a Monday, a new month, or a new year. So hey 2019, can you just not suck? I could use a break... Thanks.

I feel like the only thing I have accomplished this year was running... a lot.... But let's start with December numbers.

December Totals
Miles: 79
Time Spent: 13:45:53
Average Pace: 10:26

I didn't stick to my training as well as I should have. But you know what, it's a new year and I can re-focus on my running. And you know, hope for the best during Dopey.

2018 Totals
Miles: 1150.6
Time Spent: 204:56:58
Average Pace: 10:52
5k PR: 27:15
10k PR: 1:01:51
HM PR: 2:02:11
++++++++++++
2017 Miles: 342
2016 Miles: 125.9

It was a great year for running for me. I have learned a lot about myself as a runner, a wife, a mother, and a person in general. Running is my therapy and it's definitely helped my mental health. I am looking forward to 2019 and will be working on my goals for this year this week. Special thanks to everyone here for all of your encouragement and the inspiration you all bring to the table. I love this group and can't wait to meet some of you next week! And big, huge thanks to @DopeyBadger for coaching me along the way! Fingers crossed we can make the First Call Half work out!

Finally, check out my collection of medals from the year!

IMG_1465.jpg

Super proud of you. A tremendous 2018. I'm excited to see what happens in 2019. I'm doing everything I can to make myself ready for First Call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter