Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thank-you for putting this in a nice concise post. This must f taken quite a while. Much appreciated

Thank you! We have some that are only about a year old and some that are older. Is there an easy way, maybe through MDE, to tell which ones are the newest? Not having the long range radio isn't the end of the world but if we could figure out which ones are the most recent we would have the best chance of it working.
In my My Disney Experience website if I got to "MagicBands and Cards" it shows all of my many MagicBands in reverse order of when I received them. So the newest one is listed first and then it goes from newest to oldest as I scroll down.

speaking of that magicbands and cards page.....I have 2 phantom magic bands that I have never had (all of mine are accounted for).....could these be the ones that are going to come to me and my friend?

speaking of that magicbands and cards page.....I have 2 phantom magic bands that I have never had (all of mine are accounted for).....could these be the ones that are going to come to me and my friend?
If you have an upcoming stay, the new MagicBands will appear once they've been processed and mailed out.

I scanned the 50 + pages but didn't see my question posted by someone else. If this was already answered I'm sorry for the repeat.

Question one

I am traveling with 6 family members who are between 21 & 23. Will they need to bring ID into the parks in order to purchase drinks? OR is their proof of being 21 in the Band?

Question two

I am traveling with 10 family members split between 2 cabin in FW. Is there any way to split up the ability to charge so that each person has the ability to use link their own CC to their own Magic Band? Or is it only one CC per room?

Do they actually show a MagicBand or is there no picture? If no picture they likely aren't MagicBands at all, but rather old RFID cards (either tickets or even old Keys to the World from resort stays) that were tied to your account. You could actually still use them for park entry and FP return if you wanted. They will work on short range sensors just like MagicBands do.

I am traveling with 6 family members who are between 21 & 23. Will they need to bring ID into the parks in order to purchase drinks? OR is their proof of being 21 in the Band?

Photo ID is required

I am traveling with 10 family members split between 2 cabin in FW. Is there any way to split up the ability to charge so that each person has the ability to use link their own CC to their own Magic Band? Or is it only one CC per room?
The front desk can set that up.

MagicBands can't be used for age proof to buy alcohol. They need to bring valid government issued ID.

I scanned the 50 + pages but didn't see my question posted by someone else. If this was already answered I'm sorry for the repeat.

Question one

Make sure that even the older people have id. I am 42 and get id'ed at Disney.

Question two

So the front desk can set up each person having their own cc linked to their own band?
Yes.

The feature used to only be available at convention resorts, so some CMs are not as familiar with setting it up. If you do have it setup, it's best to stop back at the front desk after a few charges have been made and review the account(s) to ensure the charges are being split correctly.

In my My Disney Experience website if I got to "MagicBands and Cards" it shows all of my many MagicBands in reverse order of when I received them. So the newest one is listed first and then it goes from newest to oldest as I scroll down.

Thanks you so much!!

Do they actually show a MagicBand or is there no picture? If no picture they likely aren't MagicBands at all, but rather old RFID cards (either tickets or even old Keys to the World from resort stays) that were tied to your account. You could actually still use them for park entry and FP return if you wanted. They will work on short range sensors just like MagicBands do.

There is no picture....they are at the bottom of the list......we always stayed on property for a disney trip (even when I was at UCF! ;) haha)....but thinking through this.....I do have 1 MK ticket (bought in advance of a summer trip when I was on my seasonal pass in the blackout dates) so that might be one......I wonder what the other could be, because the last KTTW card I had was probably in 2007 (maybe 2009??)?

Searched this thread but couldn't find my question....hope someone can help!

Last went to Disney World in 2014 (stayed onsite). Received 4 magicbands (2 adults, 2 kids) and 1 'extra' for my toddler at the time (they just gave him one for free at the hotel) - he was only 2 at the time but wanted to wear one ;)
We just booked a super impulsive last minute trip - going next week! Staying offsite. I've bought 4 day passes for all 5 of us. My Disney Experience site shows just 3 active magicbands (the old ones of mine and 2 kids). I tried to enter the number on my husband's old band and it says invalid. Same for my then-toddler's band.

My question: Will the 'active' old ones work for the fastpasses I've booked? Any idea why the other 2 show as invalid? Will Disney replace any when we arrive - or do we just buy new ones?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts!
:)

Last went to Disney World in 2014 (stayed onsite). Received 4 magicbands (2 adults, 2 kids) and 1 'extra' for my toddler
I've bought 4 day passes for all 5 of us.
My Disney Experience site shows just 3 active magicbands (the old ones of mine and 2 kids).
1. Will the 'active' old ones work for the fastpasses I've booked?
2. Any idea why the other 2 show as invalid?
3. Will Disney replace any when we arrive -
4. or do we just buy new ones?
1. Yes.
2. Don't know. (Call WDW I.T. and ask for help.)
3. Nope.
4. You don't NEED MBs, but if you can't get Disney I.T. to fix the problem
with your old ones then you could buy some new ones, if you like.
Otherwise, for those who don't have active MBs, they can just use the new plastic tickets for park entry and FP+ purposes.

Last edited:
1. Yes.
2. Don't know. (Call WDW I.T. and ask for help.)
3. Nope.
4. You don't NEED MBs, but if you can't get Disney I.T. to fix the problem
with your old ones then you could buy some new ones, if you like.
Otherwise, for those who don't have active MBs, they can just use the new plastic tickets for park entry and FP+ purposes.

THANK YOU!! :)

Deleted my accidental partial post. I did find my answer though. Thank you.

Last edited:
My family is staying off site for a week. We thought about buying $200-500 gift cards for WDW & the Food and Wine Festival so we are not having to pull out a credit card all day long.
Can we buy magic bands and buy the gift cards and have those giftcards put on the magic bands?

It would sure be nice to be able to do that.

My family is staying off site for a week. We thought about buying $200-500 gift cards for WDW & the Food and Wine Festival so we are not having to pull out a credit card all day long.
Can we buy magic bands and buy the gift cards and have those giftcards put on the magic bands?

It would sure be nice to be able to do that.
No

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter