Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

That's too bad. It would be easy natural thing to do because the gift card amount is prepaid.
Nothing is actually "on" your MB. The MB simply unlocks your MDE account. When people on site "charge to their band" they are really just charging to their room.

I am in panic now, we arrive late on the 26 of September. I want the MB to go to the resort for pick up at the front desk and we want to customize them when ordering. I believe we are now in the time window.

What is the process and do I order them now? I am so worried we will get stuck with grey bands if I mess this up.

I am in panic now, we arrive late on the 26 of September. I want the MB to go to the resort for pick up at the front desk and we want to customize them when ordering. I believe we are now in the time window.

What is the process and do I order them now? I am so worried we will get stuck with grey bands if I mess this up.
If your room reservation is linked to your MDE account, go to the 'MagicBands & Cards' page and click on the 'Get Started' button.

If you customize more than 10 days prior to check-in, they should be mailed to the address you enter on the order.
Between 5 and 10 days out, the customized bands will be sent to the resort.
5 or less days, you will receive non-customized grey bands at resort.

I live outside but USA but used my mailbox forwarding address on the reservation. For the magic bands there was an options for where to have them mailed, so I put in the address of ASMu. I hope we get them and if not, grey matches everything. I will bring stickers JIC.

Welp, I did something dumb. I set the pin code for our Magic Bands when we customized them...and now I don't remember it. (In my [scant] defense, it's been a rough few months.) I think I might know what it is, but I'm not sure. How can I check? And reset if necessary? I feel pretty foolish right now. :(

My Magic Band was shipped on Friday and is supposed to be arriving today.

I've noted in past threads that the Bands often took a weird route from Florida to their final destination. I noticed on the USPS tracking that every update does not list a location, it just says a date and a time and On Its Way to Brooklyn, NY (where I live).

I'm fascinated by this. This is the only product I've ever ordered that I can think of where they didn't tell you where the box was at the various stops. Maybe Disney paid them enough to hide the info because of complaints about the weird routing in the past?

Thanks so much. There is alot of great information in this thread. We are headed to Disney in a couple of weeks and wanted to buy some of the Halloween magic bands in the gift shops. I am guessing they will activate them and add them to our account. So the ones we got from Disney with our trip will still be active correct? The only other thing I am worried about is my 4 year old losing it. I have read a little bit about the sliders. I am guessing this is the best option. If anyone has any suggestions for keeping it attached to a toddler I am all ears lol.

We are headed to Disney in a couple of weeks and wanted to buy some of the Halloween magic bands in the gift shops. I am guessing they will activate them and add them to our account.

So the ones we got from Disney with our trip will still be active correct?

Yes.

Welp, I did something dumb. I set the pin code for our Magic Bands when we customized them...and now I don't remember it. (In my [scant] defense, it's been a rough few months.) I think I might know what it is, but I'm not sure. How can I check? And reset if necessary? I feel pretty foolish right now. :(

D'oh. Never mind. Figured it out.

But here is a question. So, if my son gets his basic MagicBand with the rest of us, but we also order him a special one, we can use the original basic band as a fallback in case he loses the special one? He has special needs and isn't fond of things on his wrist. (The clips won't really help either.)

I'm hoping the "Look! It's Goofy!" factor will help him hang on to the thing. :) But it would be great to keep his original one with us, just in case.

Last edited:
-if my son gets his basic MagicBand with the rest of us, but we also order him a special one, we can use the original basic band as a fallback in case he loses the special one?

Yes.

We haven't been to a Disney for 4 years. We will be getting an AP and staying offsite. I understand we won't get the fast passes for this trip. We were thinking of just buying a couple on the trip to use on the rides that don't have photo kiosks. There are 7 of us and I don't really want to spend the money, but I'm also wondering how inconvenient it is to use our APs every time we get on a ride that has a FP. Thoughts?

We haven't been to a Disney for 4 years. We will be getting an AP and staying offsite. I understand we won't get the fast passes for this trip. We were thinking of just buying a couple on the trip to use on the rides that don't have photo kiosks. There are 7 of us and I don't really want to spend the money, but I'm also wondering how inconvenient it is to use our APs every time we get on a ride that has a FP. Thoughts?
I guess you mean "MagicBands."
All guests used cards for FPs for years and years.
I don't see that it will be a problem.

I just ordered a Magic Band on the Disney Parks app. I am staying offsite and will be attending MNSSHP. When my Magic Band comes in the mail I will need to link it to my Disney Experience app correct? In order to be able to have access to the One Day Memory Maker. I want to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine train and get video from on the ride during MNSSHP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter