Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered a Magic Band on the Disney Parks app. I am staying offsite and will be attending MNSSHP.
1. When my Magic Band comes in the mail I will need to link it to my Disney Experience app correct?
2. In order to be able to have access to the One Day Memory Maker. I want to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine train and get video from on the ride during MNSSHP.
1. Correct.
2. Yup. That'll do it.

I guess you mean "MagicBands."
All guests used cards for FPs for years and years.
I don't see that it will be a problem.
Yes, I meant Magicbands, I guess I've spent too much time reading about a FPs all afternoon ;)

I guess what I'm wondering is in the past, DH would take everyone's APs and take them to the kiosk. With kids, he is always the keeper of the APs, but I'm assuming we'll be passing them out on every FP ride?

-in the past, DH would take everyone's APs and take them to the kiosk. With kids, he is always the keeper of the APs, but I'm assuming we'll be passing them out on every FP ride?

If he is riding the same FP attraction as the kids, he can stand there with all the cards and scan-in each person, if that's the way he'd like to do it.
Mark the cards clearly as to ownership.
As I said, its been done without MBs for years.
Long before MBs were available... and now, by thousands of guests who don't want to use
(or don't have) MBs.

Last edited:

If he is riding the same FP attraction as the kids, he can stand there with all the cards and scan-in each person, if that's the way he'd like to do it.
Mark the cards clearly as to ownership.
As I said, its been done without MBs for years.
Long before MBs were available... and now, by thousands of guests who don't want to use
(or don't have) MBs.
Thanks!

Can you wear your Magic Band on the airplane? Or is it best to put it in checked luggage. Just wondering because I've never had a Magic Band before and I've always driven to Florida, this will be my first time flying.

Can you wear your Magic Band on the airplane? Or is it best to put it in checked luggage. Just wondering because I've never had a Magic Band before and I've always driven to Florida, this will be my first time flying.

Are you taking ME? You'll need it an you'll need it to get into your room.

Keep it with you on the plane.

Just to double, triple check, will this work?

We are going with DDs family. We are letting the DGD use most of our FP. Giving DD an extra set of MB, if we go through the gate and headed for Lion King to wait, they can use the other set to get on everest?

Sorry if this has been asked before--I read through most of the thread and couldn't find it. I see in one of the early posts that they say not to buy a secondhand Magic Band. I'd like to give one of my magic bands to my daughter. I have a lot of them and we will be staying at SOG this time so no Magic Bands for her and my son-in-law. I bought them each one last time we were in the park but I thought they might like to mix it up a little bit from time to time.

Can I deactivate it and give it to her by reactivating it under her name? Does the ticket info stay with it or with me? (I have an AP; she does not.)

-secondhand Magic Band. I'd like to give one of my magic bands to my daughter.
1. Can I deactivate it and give it to her by reactivating it under her name?
2. Does the ticket info stay with it or with me? (I have an AP; she does not.)

1. No.
2. The ticket stays in your MDE account and any and all MBs connected to you (alone)
can access the ticket.
Used MBs cannot be transferred to other guests.

1. No.
2. The ticket stays in your MDE account and any and all MBs connected to you (alone)
can access the ticket.
Used MBs cannot be transferred to other guests.

Rats, that's too bad. Thanks for the quick reply, though!

Just to double, triple check, will this work?

We are going with DDs family. We are letting the DGD use most of our FP. Giving DD an extra set of MB, if we go through the gate and headed for Lion King to wait, they can use the other set to get on everest?

Yes.

What happened to Accident? I used to see him on here all the time and now he never posts

Just FYI, you can decorate your MB's and they will still work. I can't wait to get my new one and go crazy making it look really cool! You can also buy accessories for them if you want to go that route. Don't forget to customize your bands in the MDE, for color choices and to have your name inscribed.

Has anyone removed their puck and put it on a lanyard or something? It seems it would be a hassle to use it that way.

Has anyone removed their puck and put it on a lanyard or something? It seems it would be a hassle to use it that way.
For over a decade, many guests wore their tickets and paper FPs in lanyards around their necks.

For over a decade, many guests wore their tickets and paper FPs in lanyards around their necks.
Yes, I'm sure they did, but unless you have it on a pull string, it just seems like it would be awkward to scan it that way...just saying.

Yep. I found MB 2 to be uncomfortable in the heat of our trip earlier this month, so I got a MagicKeeper. I didn't wear it on a lanyard. I used a badge reel with a built in carabiner and attached the MagicKeeper to that. Clipped it to the strap of my bag (I use a sling bag, and with where it was clipped it sat at about the same spot as it would if I were to use a lanyard). Super easy to tap into the park and use fast passes that way.

Yep. I found MB 2 to be uncomfortable in the heat of our trip earlier this month, so I got a MagicKeeper. I didn't wear it on a lanyard. I used a badge reel with a built in carabiner and attached the MagicKeeper to that. Clipped it to the strap of my bag (I use a sling bag, and with where it was clipped it sat at about the same spot as it would if I were to use a lanyard). Super easy to tap into the park and use fast passes that way.
Oh, wow, okay. What is a badge reel if you don't mind me asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter